Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:11 PM

Default Restricted housing - northern state

My son was in Southwoods state for one week when I heard he was in restricted housing and couldn't contact me. A few days after that I checked the doc website and saw that he's at northern state now. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Any ideas? I sent money grams, money orders, books and ordered a tablet. I hope it gets to him
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,144 Times in 3,185 Posts

It usually takes a week or so for folks to settle in to a new institution. It also depends on whether he's had trouble or not. Are you an approved visitor yet?

If he's gotten in trouble or if they've got him in protective custody, then the books and tablet may be being held until he's returned back to the general population. Every state does things differently.

Hopefully, he's just getting settled in and will write/call you soon. One of the hard parts of being on the outside is that we have no idea of what's going on on the inside. All you can do is hope that things are okay and wait to see what happens from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Nj mother (03-04-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj mother View Post
My son was in Southwoods state for one week when I heard he was in restricted housing and couldn't contact me. A few days after that I checked the doc website and saw that he's at northern state now. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Any ideas? I sent money grams, money orders, books and ordered a tablet. I hope it gets to him
My man had been at southwods since the end of March & the next thing I knew, he hadn’t called in a week & that was not like him. I called southwoods & they told me he was transferred to Northern State the day before & had been “in detention” the week prior to the transfer. He told me he just got sent there to do 3 months ad seg there, which makes no sense to me.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:31 PM

i hate to tell you this but restricted housing plus a move to a new facility like northern usually means he got sent to ad seg. He may have gotten in trouble and you get no phone calls while in "detention" which is where you go before ad seg.