Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Thanked 1,030 Times in 538 Posts
Default What do you do for them for the holidays?

I am looking for ideas.

For Thanksgiving, I sent cards and printed up for corny stuff today. I'm not terribly creative, but looking for fun ideas. My goal is that we both kind of get into the holiday spirit.

I am looking more for Christmas at this point and want to time it right.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I am looking for ideas.

For Thanksgiving, I sent cards and printed up for corny stuff today. I'm not terribly creative, but looking for fun ideas. My goal is that we both kind of get into the holiday spirit.

I am looking more for Christmas at this point and want to time it right.
Great question!! I will be following
Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby2417 View Post
Great question!! I will be following
I don't mean to, but I end up clustering mail. I send out a bunch of stuff at once instead of some here and there. If I put it to the side, I forget.

I want try to try to get a little something there every day next month. It won't be perfect due to no mail on Sundays etc.

I have some ideas, but need more.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I don't mean to, but I end up clustering mail. I send out a bunch of stuff at once instead of some here and there. If I put it to the side, I forget.

I want try to try to get a little something there every day next month. It won't be perfect due to no mail on Sundays etc.

I have some ideas, but need more.
This is my first time dealing with prison. I put extra money on his books so that a few of them can chip in for a holiday "meal." I sent him a book, a couples chicken soup for the soul! Haha just to make him laugh and blush!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:31 PM

I send more money, increase pics and postcards, and visit more. He never wants anything but us to visit, but I still throw the money in there
Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanked 1,460 Times in 958 Posts

I purchased him his quarterly care package. I also go visit him on the holiday itself. I do more for our anniversary and other special days. Thanksgiving and Christmas to us are just another day and we try not to dwell to much on the fact that we are not together. Do I chose to not celebrate those days until we are back together. My daughter will spend it with her bf and his family and for Christmas I'm not sure yet. It is what it is.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,025 Times in 985 Posts

I'm flying over the first weekend of December so that's a gift for him and myself and I'll send card(s) and probably a book and some extra magazines subscriptions.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
I'm flying over the first weekend of December so that's a gift for him and myself and I'll send card(s) and probably a book and some extra magazines subscriptions.
That's a hell of a present!

I'll get up there before or after. The present part I know what to do, but more of the regular mail stuff
Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Nigohilvi

The facility my loved one is housed at is very limited in terms of what we can send. I mean we can't even send cards. =( So I have had to try very hard to come up with fun ideas for the holidays. The holidays are usually a very tough time for the folks inside so all efforts are usually appreciated.

In order to make my husband feel included in some of our holiday festivities, I've begun doing a Christmas letter/newsletter that I can send out to our families/friends and his friends at other facilities to keep them up to date on things happening in our lives. [AK allows inmate to inmate mail fyi]. I also buy a particular type of ornament representative of him each year and send him a picture of it. He is also allowed a new calendar each year and we've found a particular Native American artist that we like so I order one for him and one for me and we share each month going over a particular virtue/teaching for that month.

It's pretty hard coming up with new and interesting ideas when we are so limited on what is allowed, so I am excited to see what other folks come up with.

Happy Holidays all!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Thanked 3,966 Times in 2,126 Posts

I used to go visit when I could and send EXTRA money!!! He usually was just happy we could afford to take care of his son and both our parents gift wise.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
onedayatatime13 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:03 PM

I have to do pictures. I just haven't found the time to upload them to my computer yet.

I printed up thanksgiving. I am thankful papers and filled out some and sent him blank ones. Thanksgiving word searches. I wanted to find some thanksgiving stories...something short, but didn't find anything good.

He has books right now and until he finishes I won't send anymore. He needs winter gear, so that will be sent next month.

I found some Christmas cards on Amazon. I'll look for sings and other silly things to send. Maybe print up a sticking and write a few things on it.