Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

View Poll Results: What is status of sexual activity?
Am sexually active by mutual understanding 9 9.28%
Am not active by my choice 79 81.44%
Am not active because he/she insists 8 8.25%
Don't have an agreement and am sexually active anyway 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM

Thanked 1,985 Times in 850 Posts
Default GLBT's: Sexual activity while lo is down?

For all of us, MWI, or having a prior relationship to his/her incarceration; Does it sometimes feel like you are in prison too when it comes to physical intamcy and affection? ...In the case of my MWI, I am 'faithful' to him while he finishes his sentence. At my age, sex for the sake of sex is not a priority, but what I find missing in my life is physical intamcy and affection. It makes me crazy sometimes not having someone to hold or be held by.
For me, I love him with all my heart and will get through this because it is what I choose. How deos everyone else deal with this?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tried&True For This Useful Post:
holliberry (12-17-2013), LOVINGBREED (09-03-2013), rita mason (09-04-2013), slycanyon1194 (09-16-2013), thisisgettingol (01-11-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Account Closed

Wow, this has been an issue for me, I have a very high drive so I'm about crazy lol I have to say though I'm old enough and experienced enough to know good intimacy comes from that special connection. My man and I have always excelled there so it's hard missing him, but I don't want just anyone I want him. He is my daydream and fantasy. So I'm am a big bundle of unspent emotion that feels like a hot spark wire! Thankfully I still have young children that cuddle and such so I'm not deprived of human touch. But man if that man was here he would be in trouble!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 PM

quick question, im new here...

what does "MWI" mean?..
Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,336 Times in 3,003 Posts

Met while incarcerated is what it means. Common on PTO.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 PM

I have a very high drive but I am not active by choice, not becaues he wants me to wait for him. It's hard but I get by for now. I cannot say that I will not be active forever but for now.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:19 AM

I have always been faithful to my DP but lately, I am having a hard time with this too. He is possibly facing two years for something that he did that did not consider me. One of his dad's actually said that this would be like a "hall pass" for me, but I'm torn. I'm going to turn 30 next year and i'd like to have a good time, but I'm stuck right now. And being a gay man is not so easy because we have so many urges.

The Following User Says Thank You to kentan For This Useful Post:
thisisgettingol (01-11-2014)
Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 AM

I am not active by choice. Of course I get lonely and miss the affection, but I would never even consider looking for someone else. Sex is a big thing for me and I prefer to keep it in the confines of a monogamous relationship (part of the reason why I was a virgin until I was 20 and met my husband).

He did say to me when he went in that if I wanted to be with other people it was fine, but the look on his face said "if you do and I find out who they are I will throw them off the roof of a tall building". But like, it's only two years, I can manage just fine. I see him every possible opportunity and we have our occasional conjugal visits. It's not an issue at all.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 AM

I haven't been unfaithful to my partner but can't help n get the thought if him being unfaithful to me while he's in there ....feel im going insane
The Following User Says Thank You to Dabasics1 For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (01-04-2014)
Old 07-11-2017, 01:21 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

(Caveat: My husband is bisexual, I am straight. He has had relationships on the inside before he decided to be with me, we reconnected in prison)

We have both chosen to be monogamous at this time, even though he is a lifer, there's no family visits in his state (and if there were he wouldn't be qualified due to his class,) and that we live in separate states and I can only visit once every 5 months or so. I'm demisexual and pretty much have no sex drive anyway without being around him. It's also hard for me to find anyone I can be emotionally close to so there's no threat to our relationship like at all on my end. However, I do miss physical touch sometimes, and he's given me freedom to find a cuddle buddy. I did that once, before we got married, but it wasn't satisfactory because the guy wasn't him, and that was before we even had hugged each other or kissed for the first time!
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabasics1 View Post
I haven't been unfaithful to my partner but can't help n get the thought if him being unfaithful to me while he's in there ....feel im going insane
I hear that one. He's been gone 7 months with 5 left (i know i'm lucky and that's sort at the short end of the range) and we agreed that if something was just irresistible we could go for it. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna. Even if he tells me something happened, he's in a much tougher environment than I am, and I'm going to give a lot of leeway for that.

He said something to me a couple months ago and it sort of sounded like he was pushing the idea I should not feel bad if i hooked up, just to not fall in love.

I asked him if that's what he was getting at, and he said no. A conversation showed that neither of us really does want that to happen.

My real view is what I said. The environment's different from mine and I don't really understand all of it. So i'll give some passes. I got no reason to want to hook up, and another 5 months isn't the end of the world, so I won't need any passes.

Took us a while, but I think we're both very settled on that issue.

We're a lot more focused on what's going to happen at midnight on his release day
The Following User Says Thank You to IMissJosh For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-13-2017)