Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 PM

Unhappy Intro--Betalove01 from New York

Hello Prisontalk My name is Yvette today is my first day registering. I am in need of your help comments on a topic that is hurting me emotional.

My husband and I have been marry for 3 years and been tighter for 4. My husband is in Greenhaven Correctional Facility in Stormville NY

He has completed all the programs required in order to apply for the Family Reunion program. We have been denied 3 times and most recently about 1 month ago he received the denial and advised NOT to apply for 2 years

Reason: Nature of the crime.

My husband has not received a disciplinary ticket since we have been together. He has been participating in other programs working and is living in the honor roll dorm. He recently received the papers of denial where the deputy of the Facility approved our FRP. But Albany denied him

My dilemma is that I visit him every 2 weeks with the blessings of my God. My husband has not committed a crime that other inmates that do participate have also. He didn't rape nor molested a woman a child or an elderly It was a crime of murder but he has been complying. Again no disciplinary issues. I need help to find some legal help someone to advise me on whom can I write to for help. I want to spend time with my husband like any of the other families that are participating. It's not about me having a baby I'm 53 years old. I just want to be able to cook for him and be in the privacy that others have been able to do. I know FRP is a privilege and that we are not entitle by any means however I feel that something is not right. He has been doing all that is necessary in order to participate. I hope you can help me. It will be appreciated. I'm crying now as I write this. But I been blessed to be able to see him on a regular basis. FRP doesn't define our Live but it will be something that will truly embrace our Relationships. God Bless Yvette
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Yvette. The prison's rules will determine if you will be approved for the Family reunion program. He is doing what is necessary by avoiding conduct violations, so I hope you are approved after the two year wait to reapply. He should be able to find out if it is only a delay, or if his crime blocks family visits forever. Stay strong and keep trying.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk Yvette. The prison's rules will determine if you will be approved for the Family reunion program. He is doing what is necessary by avoiding conduct violations, so I hope you are approved after the two year wait to reapply. He should be able to find out if it is only a delay, or if his crime blocks family visits forever. Stay strong and keep trying.

I want to thank you for allowing me to registered with PrisonTalk. I do not beleive his crime hinders him from being approve. Son of Sam David Berkowitz commited a notrocious crime and he has been receiving FRP. also my husband was approved by the Deputy of Greenhaven Corrections but then albany denied it.

Thank you very much,
Yvette
The Following User Says Thank You to Betalove01 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-14-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 09:37 AM

How long has your husband been inside? David Berkowitz has been inside for 40 years. I am wondering if the length of time has something to do with it, and that is why they told you to wait two years?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:46 PM

Thanked 1,037 Times in 542 Posts

He will have to complete certain programs. If not there long enough, he won't have had the chance to do so. Plus, six months at one facility has to pass initially. 3 visits have to take place. I don't remember the rest of criteria. Search NY forums for answers
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM

You can write an appeal to the office of Ministerial and Family Services. Address is in directive 4500, or your husband got a copy.
I understand your frustration, but the state will be putting you together, unsupervised, for 44hours. They have to think of security first.
I know it seems unfair, but you cannot compare your case to anyone else. Everyone has a different situation.
Take full advantage of your visits.
Berkowitz does not have FRP. Jailhouse rumor.