Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:04 PM

Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,690 Posts

I am just so damn lonely. I really only have a few real friends. Even Andy's family don't get how hard it is. Anyway today was easier to just survive. My family hated him, for really no reason, just being jerks. I am setting smaller goals like cleaning out one box at a time. tToday was house cleaning, so no box!! Can't do both!!!LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I am just so damn lonely. I really only have a few real friends. Even Andy's family don't get how hard it is. Anyway today was easier to just survive. My family hated him, for really no reason, just being jerks. I am setting smaller goals like cleaning out one box at a time. tToday was house cleaning, so no box!! Can't do both!!!LOL
I can only imagine. I have my moments simply because my husband is still incarcerated. I actually try to tell myself that I enjoy my solitude. And sometimes that is true. A lot of the time I want the simple things that others take for granted: dinner with my husband, watching tv with my husband, cuddling with my husband, shoot - even cleaning or shopping with my husband. I know you are wanting the same. Sorry!
The Following User Says Thank You to Curt'swife8 For This Useful Post:
xolady (08-15-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,616 Times in 9,701 Posts

For me, being alone is both blessing and curse. But when it comes involuntarily, suddenly, it's apparently a lot like having a limb cut off - there's real pain and phantom pain, and after physical healing, the physical pain is done. The phantom pain is likely to hang around.

I love my alone time, and need it even in a great relationship. But when I lost my relationship the phantom pain is sometimes still there, even 30 years later. Just part of life, I guess.
GingerM (08-14-2017), xolady (08-15-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,870 Times in 2,088 Posts

Quote:
I am setting smaller goals like cleaning out one box at a time. tToday was house cleaning, so no box!!
Setting smaller goals is probably the best thing you can do for yourself, so you don't overload your emotional circuits by trying to take on more than you're ready to process at one time.

I had no option but to do all the boxes at once based on how my Dad's will was written. It was horrific. I was lucky in that my hubby was there for me, and that his Dad had died before I met Mr Gin. He was there to help me with the boxes.

Had I no one to help me with the boxes? My garage would still be full of them. I could not have done it alone. Or perhaps I could have, but it would have been one box per day or some other really small goal like that, with days off in between boxes so I could recenter myself.

I'm sorry you don't have someone there to help you with your boxes, both physical, metaphysical and emotional. If I lived closer, I would offer to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
xolady (08-15-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 05:04 AM
Alferd Packer fan

Thanked 1,010 Times in 586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I am just so damn lonely. I really only have a few real friends. Even Andy's family don't get how hard it is.
Here- (((cyber hug))))
Not like the real thing, but better than nothing.
"I swore never to be silent whenever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." -- Elie Weisel
The Following User Says Thank You to cornered For This Useful Post:
xolady (Today)
Old Today, 12:27 PM

Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,690 Posts

I'm doing rather well since I've shared some stuff. I'm finally starting to want to live again. Not getting crazy yet but actually looking for fun stuff to do. I have a friend who has just lost his daughter to drugs, I honestly feel horrible for him but I just can't be around him because he's to depressing to me. I sound horrible but I am finally over that awful part of losing my husband and this man makes me revisit a bad place. I've told him my story and I have empathy just can't go there. He keeps trying to almost hit on me. I am so not ever going to want anymore then being a friend, but he has said and indicated he want more. Just can't even go there. First of all he's old, not the biggest problem but he has all kinds of health problems, I can barley handle and keep my own crap right. I haven't been mean just have to get my point across because no matter what this is never going where he wants it to. My god now I know what Andy was kind of dealing with when I was so sick. He actually had women calling him offering sex drugs whatever to help him through, at least it's not that bad. It's just creepy in my opinion that anyone would come on to someone who has just tried to be nice. Anyway that's my rant for the day!!!LOL