Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Donation Award 

Question Its been 4 Weeks And Im Goin Crazy, no word from him

I have not heard from my friend in 4 weeks, ever since I told him that there was someone out here that I was interested in getting to know better.

My inmate and I are only friends. We have talked about the if and whens of him getting out and that at that time who knows where our friendship will lead us. I'm broken about not having any mail, he is in a different state and I have no home phone for him to call. I have let him know since my original letter that this other guy and I are just friends and don't see it going anywhere.

Did I do wrong? I've been going through hell out here and just had major surgery as well. I could really use his support

Any suggestions?

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
Greek tragic dramatist (496 BC - 406 BC)

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM

NO, you did not do wrong! You have every right to explore your options. You and him are not in a relationship. Your friend might not be writing because he might be out of stamps or envelopes. If it's not that, give him some more time to respond. If he doesn't respond, then he isn't worth the trouble of worrying about. That's just my . I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how complicated any type of relationship can be when someone is behind prison walls. I hope that everything works out for you and keep us updated! Take care!
I will stick by your side forever...because every moment with you, I treasure...From now on, I promise I'll be strong...I am your supporter, your strength, your reason for everything, your lover, but most of all, your best friend!

Last edited by Meghunnie; 05-11-2009 at 09:35 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Meghunnie For This Useful Post:
happyhabit (05-11-2009)
Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,133 Times in 3,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghunnie View Post
NO, you did not do wrong! You have every right to explore your options. You and him are not in a relationship. Your friend might not be writing because he might be out of stamps or envelopes. If it's not that, give him some more time to respond. If he doesn't respond, then he isn't worth the trouble of worrying about. That's just my . I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how complicated any type of relationship can be when someone is behind prison walls. I hope that everything works out for you and keep us updated! Take care!
I agree. You dont owe him anything and you have been upfront about what you want from the start so my guess is he maybe a little hurt by you stating that you want to get to know this other guy. Have you tried writing him again, explaining how you feel? I really hope you hear from him soon and you're feeling better after your surgery!

The Following User Says Thank You to J&D7 For This Useful Post:
happyhabit (05-11-2009)
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
---------------

Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts

It sounds like you were upfront and honest with him from the start, so you did nothing wrong sweetie. I agree with sending him some stationary...maybe he ran out and that is why he hasnt written. Give him some time...I am sure you will hear something soon.
I hope you have a swift recovery from your surgery sweetie....take care of you
Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 PM

It sounds as if he had already moved on to the next step, and didn't tell you. He was probably flabbergasted when you told him about the other guy. You know how men are? Has he had time to respond to the letter saying the thing with the new guy wasn't going anyplace? I hope it all works out. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Donation Award 

I have sent several letters since telling him that there is nothing happening between the other guy and myself and how I have really missed hearing from him. Im still writing every couple days and hoping he writes back soon. We've been through to much just to end our friendship now (20 years ago in middle school we were sweethearts and been friends ever since).

Keep us in your prayers please. I will let you all know when I finally hear from him. (Have my fingers crossed it will be soon)

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Donation Award 

Finally got a letter today. Sounds like he is going through some nasty depression, says he isn't eatting, sleeping and can hardly get up and around. Also said he was upset over me seeing someone and not to talk about it but it is my life and he says live it the way I want to. (thinking for sure that in his mind we were more than just friends). At least he is writting again

Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,029 Posts

No, you didn't do wrong. It is obvious that he thought of you as more than a friend.