Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2019, 10:25 AM
SLovee's Avatar
SLovee SLovee is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tennessee ✈ Texas
Posts: 329
Thanks: 71
Thanked 261 Times in 137 Posts
Smile Question About FI Vote | We were approved!

Hello Everyone,

So my husband was approved for parole ďwith completion of a programĒ November 6th from the Huntsville board, however it does not show on the website which FI he was granted. I understand that when itís 5 or 6R itís not posted on the website because of HIPAA.

When I called in this morning I asked the parole number if he was granted FI-5 or FI-6R they said they didnít know because for some reason it was not generated on the computer. It only says rehabilitation program. They also said it can be a FI-3 because there are programs under that, that are considered rehabilitative. They said the board will specify when they send him the information and he should have it within a week.

An FI-3 vote would be awesome, because thatís 3 months and he will be on his way to being released but I donít want us to get set on that if itís unlikely. Either way it goes we are ecstatic that heís coming home, period.

For background, my husband was charged with Agg Robbery at 17 sentenced to 25 years. Served 12.5 and this was his first time up for parole. Heís had 4 major cases during his time including 2 phone cases 2015&2017. However heís been completely case free the last two years, he has taken every single class available since heís been incarcerated, heís taken vocational classes and has received his horticulture and landscape design certificates or licenses. I am happy to answer any questions as far as parole packet, home success plan, support letters, job opportunity letters, etc. because I did the whole packet myself and it seemed to have been well received (the IPO mentioned to my husband). I want to be a help as much if not more than I need help lol. He was not charged with something drug or alcohol related but I know that is not the determining factor.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 PM
ump ump is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: texas, usa
Posts: 33
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLovee View Post
Hello Everyone,

So my husband was approved for parole ďwith completion of a programĒ November 6th from the Huntsville board, however it does not show on the website which FI he was granted. I understand that when itís 5 or 6R itís not posted on the website because of HIPAA.

When I called in this morning I asked the parole number if he was granted FI-5 or FI-6R they said they didnít know because for some reason it was not generated on the computer. It only says rehabilitation program. They also said it can be a FI-3 because there are programs under that, that are considered rehabilitative. They said the board will specify when they send him the information and he should have it within a week.

An FI-3 vote would be awesome, because thatís 3 months and he will be on his way to being released but I donít want us to get set on that if itís unlikely. Either way it goes we are ecstatic that heís coming home, period.

For background, my husband was charged with Agg Robbery at 17 sentenced to 25 years. Served 12.5 and this was his first time up for parole. Heís had 4 major cases during his time including 2 phone cases 2015&2017. However heís been completely case free the last two years, he has taken every single class available since heís been incarcerated, heís taken vocational classes and has received his horticulture and landscape design certificates or licenses. I am happy to answer any questions as far as parole packet, home success plan, support letters, job opportunity letters, etc. because I did the whole packet myself and it seemed to have been well received (the IPO mentioned to my husband). I want to be a help as much if not more than I need help lol. He was not charged with something drug or alcohol related but I know that is not the determining factor.
If the website is showing approved with completion of a program, it will be the FI-5 or FI-6R as you indicated. If you called the Central number those assistants are trained to view the information on the website and not the mainframe. The mainframe would have the actual vote. The reason being is that if they stick to the website they will not release any confidential information. His notice from the IPO will confirm the actual vote. First review and approval on an aggravated charge is good-his young age at time of offense was to his benefit. Sounds like the packet helped too. Even with the short 6 month program, sure beats a set-off which probably would have been multi year with the Agg Robbery.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-09-2019), SLovee (11-09-2019)
  #3  
Old 11-09-2019, 05:17 AM
SLovee's Avatar
SLovee SLovee is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tennessee ✈ Texas
Posts: 329
Thanks: 71
Thanked 261 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump View Post
If the website is showing approved with completion of a program, it will be the FI-5 or FI-6R as you indicated. If you called the Central number those assistants are trained to view the information on the website and not the mainframe. The mainframe would have the actual vote. The reason being is that if they stick to the website they will not release any confidential information. His notice from the IPO will confirm the actual vote. First review and approval on an aggravated charge is good-his young age at time of offense was to his benefit. Sounds like the packet helped too. Even with the short 6 month program, sure beats a set-off which probably would have been multi year with the Agg Robbery.
Thank you, that was our guess!

Heís already been moved and my head is spinning because heís been moved 400 miles away to Robertson Unit in Abilene. He was just voted on Wednesday so we were thinking he would have a little more time but we are NOT complaining. Especially since there can be month long waits to get into the program that you are voted into.

Does anyone know which is most likely now that heís been moved to Robertson Unit? Thank yíall soooo much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:51 AM
ump ump is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: texas, usa
Posts: 33
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLovee View Post
Thank you, that was our guess!

Heís already been moved and my head is spinning because heís been moved 400 miles away to Robertson Unit in Abilene. He was just voted on Wednesday so we were thinking he would have a little more time but we are NOT complaining. Especially since there can be month long waits to get into the program that you are voted into.

Does anyone know which is most likely now that heís been moved to Robertson Unit? Thank yíall soooo much.
If he's been moved it may slow down his notification. He should write an I-60 to the IPO on the unit or ask him. It's an easy request to respond to and since it's an approval the IPO shouldn't hesitate to share positive information.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fi-3r parole vote question/short way vmcqueen3612 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 0 08-09-2019 09:22 PM
Got F2 vote but have a question! Please help latinafever24 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 1 10-19-2009 05:29 PM
Question about vote purplerose212 Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 2 09-09-2009 11:35 AM
Help!! (parole vote question) greatgwendini Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 8 01-24-2006 02:35 PM
The Vote Is In -- Approved! -- Dominguez Unit JR'SGIRL Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 10 06-07-2005 10:07 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics