Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Smile Question About FI Vote | We were approved!

Hello Everyone,

So my husband was approved for parole ďwith completion of a programĒ November 6th from the Huntsville board, however it does not show on the website which FI he was granted. I understand that when itís 5 or 6R itís not posted on the website because of HIPAA.

When I called in this morning I asked the parole number if he was granted FI-5 or FI-6R they said they didnít know because for some reason it was not generated on the computer. It only says rehabilitation program. They also said it can be a FI-3 because there are programs under that, that are considered rehabilitative. They said the board will specify when they send him the information and he should have it within a week.

An FI-3 vote would be awesome, because thatís 3 months and he will be on his way to being released but I donít want us to get set on that if itís unlikely. Either way it goes we are ecstatic that heís coming home, period.

For background, my husband was charged with Agg Robbery at 17 sentenced to 25 years. Served 12.5 and this was his first time up for parole. Heís had 4 major cases during his time including 2 phone cases 2015&2017. However heís been completely case free the last two years, he has taken every single class available since heís been incarcerated, heís taken vocational classes and has received his horticulture and landscape design certificates or licenses. I am happy to answer any questions as far as parole packet, home success plan, support letters, job opportunity letters, etc. because I did the whole packet myself and it seemed to have been well received (the IPO mentioned to my husband). I want to be a help as much if not more than I need help lol. He was not charged with something drug or alcohol related but I know that is not the determining factor.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLovee View Post
Hello Everyone,

So my husband was approved for parole ďwith completion of a programĒ November 6th from the Huntsville board, however it does not show on the website which FI he was granted. I understand that when itís 5 or 6R itís not posted on the website because of HIPAA.

When I called in this morning I asked the parole number if he was granted FI-5 or FI-6R they said they didnít know because for some reason it was not generated on the computer. It only says rehabilitation program. They also said it can be a FI-3 because there are programs under that, that are considered rehabilitative. They said the board will specify when they send him the information and he should have it within a week.

An FI-3 vote would be awesome, because thatís 3 months and he will be on his way to being released but I donít want us to get set on that if itís unlikely. Either way it goes we are ecstatic that heís coming home, period.

For background, my husband was charged with Agg Robbery at 17 sentenced to 25 years. Served 12.5 and this was his first time up for parole. Heís had 4 major cases during his time including 2 phone cases 2015&2017. However heís been completely case free the last two years, he has taken every single class available since heís been incarcerated, heís taken vocational classes and has received his horticulture and landscape design certificates or licenses. I am happy to answer any questions as far as parole packet, home success plan, support letters, job opportunity letters, etc. because I did the whole packet myself and it seemed to have been well received (the IPO mentioned to my husband). I want to be a help as much if not more than I need help lol. He was not charged with something drug or alcohol related but I know that is not the determining factor.
If the website is showing approved with completion of a program, it will be the FI-5 or FI-6R as you indicated. If you called the Central number those assistants are trained to view the information on the website and not the mainframe. The mainframe would have the actual vote. The reason being is that if they stick to the website they will not release any confidential information. His notice from the IPO will confirm the actual vote. First review and approval on an aggravated charge is good-his young age at time of offense was to his benefit. Sounds like the packet helped too. Even with the short 6 month program, sure beats a set-off which probably would have been multi year with the Agg Robbery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-09-2019), SLovee (11-09-2019)
Old 11-09-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump View Post
If the website is showing approved with completion of a program, it will be the FI-5 or FI-6R as you indicated. If you called the Central number those assistants are trained to view the information on the website and not the mainframe. The mainframe would have the actual vote. The reason being is that if they stick to the website they will not release any confidential information. His notice from the IPO will confirm the actual vote. First review and approval on an aggravated charge is good-his young age at time of offense was to his benefit. Sounds like the packet helped too. Even with the short 6 month program, sure beats a set-off which probably would have been multi year with the Agg Robbery.
Thank you, that was our guess!

Heís already been moved and my head is spinning because heís been moved 400 miles away to Robertson Unit in Abilene. He was just voted on Wednesday so we were thinking he would have a little more time but we are NOT complaining. Especially since there can be month long waits to get into the program that you are voted into.

Does anyone know which is most likely now that heís been moved to Robertson Unit? Thank yíall soooo much.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLovee View Post
Thank you, that was our guess!

Heís already been moved and my head is spinning because heís been moved 400 miles away to Robertson Unit in Abilene. He was just voted on Wednesday so we were thinking he would have a little more time but we are NOT complaining. Especially since there can be month long waits to get into the program that you are voted into.

Does anyone know which is most likely now that heís been moved to Robertson Unit? Thank yíall soooo much.
If he's been moved it may slow down his notification. He should write an I-60 to the IPO on the unit or ask him. It's an easy request to respond to and since it's an approval the IPO shouldn't hesitate to share positive information.