Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 10-11-2017, 08:44 PM

Default Husband extradited from MA to Wisconsin: What can I expect?

My Husband was picked up yesterday in MA on extradition to Wisconsin. I am so worried and miss him terrible :-( What can I expect? I just need to know he is OK. How long will it take for him to get there? When can he call? My stomach is in knots not knowing where he is!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,912 Times in 10,218 Posts

The trip can be quick, or very slow depending on who is transporting him to Wisconsin. His ability to call you during the trip, or not, will depend on the rules at each temporary stop.

Prisons consider transfers to be a risky time for escapes, so you may not hear from him until he finishes his trip.

Which agency picked him up? Keep checking the WI inmate locator
https://offender.doc.state.wi.us/lop/home.do

or Wisconsin Vine for updates
https://doc.wi.gov/Pages/VictimServi...onsinVine.aspx
Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,508 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1969 View Post
My Husband was picked up yesterday in MA on extradition to Wisconsin. I am so worried and miss him terrible :-( What can I expect? I just need to know he is OK. How long will it take for him to get there? When can he call? My stomach is in knots not knowing where he is!!

Extradition like it has been said can be fast or slow depending on who is doing the extradition. After he arrives in the county which he is being extradited to. He will be booked in the county jail, from that point on he will be able to contact you by phone.
Usually when prisoners are on the road they get no phone calls.. Even if they should lay over in a facility they hold transports in a different holding area. Most of the times during transport you are just shuffled from van to van at different transfer spots until you reach your destination. If you know what county he is headed for just keep a look out on their inmate locator it will inform you of new bookings with in a twenty four hour time frame

Last edited by Patrickj; 10-12-2017 at 03:29 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-12-2017), xolady (Yesterday)
Old 10-12-2017, 03:11 PM

Thank you all! Of course I am beside myself but that is expected. I am not sure what service picked him up. I have been checking the inmate locator frequently. It has only been 3 days and no luck. I am very grateful for the comments. THANK YOU!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SG1969 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-12-2017), Patrickj (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1969 View Post
Thank you all! Of course I am beside myself but that is expected. I am not sure what service picked him up. I have been checking the inmate locator frequently. It has only been 3 days and no luck. I am very grateful for the comments. THANK YOU!!!
Hi mine was extradited from fl to colorado a couple months ago. I will tell you it was horrible. I went a week wuthout hearing from him then got a text from a girl who he met her bf in one of his stops. She let me know what state he was in and that he was ok. It was still another week b4 I heard anything. So 2 weeks of nothing. When he finally got booked into colorado he was able to call. He said that was the worst experience Ever. All I can recomend is to pray. Its all that got me through those 2 weeks. But know he will arrive eventually!!! Good luck!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahj79b For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-13-2017), xolady (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM

Hello everyone, I am happy to say I heard from my husband yesterday. He finally arrived in Wisconsin. Although the stories from the trip are horrific I am glad he is somewhat safe and sound. Now we wait to figure out what is going to happen now. I am praying my baby comes home sometimes you plan for the worst and hope for the best. Again I would like to thank every one for your support and comments it truly helped knowing more about the process.

Last edited by SG1969; Yesterday at 06:35 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SG1969 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (Yesterday), Patrickj (Yesterday), xolady (Yesterday)