Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-23-2017, 02:31 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
I feel the same way. Haven't had a visit since I want to say November 2016 and that was non contact. I get letters from him but no emails or calls because of where he is. So ready for 2018 to be here!
Ugh I'm sorry. I hope you get to see him soon. That must be awful.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
MrsEAllen (05-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #102  
Old 05-23-2017, 02:32 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Ugh I'm sorry. I hope you get to see him soon. That must be awful.


It's the worst. I am so ready for him to be home. I miss him like crazy
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
It's the worst. I am so ready for him to be home. I miss him like crazy
When is his out date???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:02 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
When is his out date???


4/23/18. 335 days
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:04 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
4/23/18. 335 days
Yay that's awesome I'm so excited for you. Can wait to hear about his homecoming.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
MrsEAllen (05-23-2017)
  #106  
Old 05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Yay it's getting closer. Days are going fast I'm so excited. My ticker ticket is about to change again. Yay
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (05-30-2017), MrsEAllen (05-30-2017)
  #107  
Old 05-30-2017, 12:17 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Yay it's getting closer. Days are going fast I'm so excited. My ticker ticket is about to change again. Yay


I have 327 sleeps and a wake up
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 PM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 598
Thanked 483 Times in 298 Posts
Default

My countdown is finally in the 500s! It's crazy to think it used to be in the 1000s, time really does go by fast (most days)!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
MrsEAllen (05-30-2017)
  #109  
Old 05-30-2017, 02:07 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
I have 327 sleeps and a wake up
That is so awesome I'm so excited for you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
MrsEAllen (05-30-2017)
  #110  
Old 05-30-2017, 02:08 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
That is so awesome I'm so excited for you.


Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-30-2017, 02:09 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
My countdown is finally in the 500s! It's crazy to think it used to be in the 1000s, time really does go by fast (most days)!
Girl we just got under the 500's....its a big Mike stone. We count down to everything and it does mostly go fast. We are now at 490 and a wake up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (05-31-2017), MrsEAllen (05-30-2017)
  #112  
Old 06-05-2017, 01:51 PM
URSUNSHINE's Avatar
URSUNSHINE URSUNSHINE is offline
Love Endures All
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI USA
Posts: 1,749
Thanks: 161
Thanked 164 Times in 86 Posts
Default

273 DAYS and a wake up.....March 6, 2018
__________________
I LOVE YOU STINKY POT

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to URSUNSHINE For This Useful Post:
MrsEAllen (06-05-2017)
  #113  
Old 06-05-2017, 01:52 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
273 DAYS and a wake up.....March 6, 2018


I'm right behind you 321 days and a wake up 4/23/18
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsEAllen For This Useful Post:
URSUNSHINE (08-03-2017)
  #114  
Old 06-05-2017, 07:58 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
273 DAYS and a wake up.....March 6, 2018
that's so exciting. I cant wait until we are this close.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
URSUNSHINE (08-03-2017)
  #115  
Old 06-05-2017, 07:59 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

How is Every One doing today. The weekend went fast. I can't wait to see my husband. Missing him like crazy today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-05-2017, 08:00 PM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
How is Every One doing today. The weekend went fast. I can't wait to see my husband. Missing him like crazy today.


Yes it did go by fast. I'm missing mine like crazy too. Doing ok. How are you doing?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-06-2017, 05:22 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
Yes it did go by fast. I'm missing mine like crazy too. Doing ok. How are you doing?
Hanging in there. Have a busy week this week working four doubles and then our daughter's graduation party is Saturday so this should be interesting. But it's normal for me to have a busy week. Ugh. I'll feel better when it's over though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (06-06-2017)
  #118  
Old 06-06-2017, 05:32 AM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 598
Thanked 483 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
How is Every One doing today. The weekend went fast. I can't wait to see my husband. Missing him like crazy today.
I actually got a phone call from my guy last week so that made me happy! We are currently waiting for him to transfer to yet another prison, ugh I miss having more consistent communication with him, these last few months have been the hardest, but this can't last forever thankfully! This time next year he should be getting ready to go to a halfway house.

Last edited by lolo21216; 06-06-2017 at 05:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 AM
MrsEAllen's Avatar
MrsEAllen MrsEAllen is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 491
Thanks: 370
Thanked 251 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
I actually got a phone call from my guy last week so that made me happy! We are currently waiting for him to transfer to yet another prison, ugh I miss having more consistent communication with him, these last few months have been the hardest, but this can't last forever thankfully! This time next year he should be getting ready to go to a halfway house.


I know the feeling of missing that constant communication. I haven't heard my fiancés voice since April 23rd. I get letters weekly though and send out letters weekly.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-06-2017, 08:02 AM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 598
Thanked 483 Times in 298 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEAllen View Post
I know the feeling of missing that constant communication. I haven't heard my fiancés voice since April 23rd. I get letters weekly though and send out letters weekly.
Ugghh that's awful! I can't wait for them to just come home already. I've been trying to send letters to my guy but with all the moving around he has been doing the mail has been extra slow.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 AM
fryefrye fryefrye is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 17
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Default

My son is dated to come home August 1, 2018. I remember dropping him off at county (the judge gave him a week before starting his sentence to spend some time with family) and the door closing behind him and my heart ripping out of my chest. That was August 2014 and I didn't know how I was going to make it through the next 4 yrs, let alone the end of the 1st day! Fast forward to today, June 19, 2017. Three years just about down and roughly 13 months left to go! I am fortunate enough to be able to speak to my son daily and see him every weekend. He spent 2 years about 4 hrs away (I still drove that every other weekend) and the 3rd & final year he is only 30 minutes away from home.

I find myself sitting in his bedroom, knowing that soon he will be there too. I am so excited to get him back home. He has used his time to his advantage and will soon graduate the electrical program. He gave full disclosure to his employer and through honesty and hard work, was advised his job is waiting for his return. My son learned what support fro the outside looks like and what no support looks like and because of that, he learned compassion.
When my son entered county awaiting transfer to state, he remembers the kind man that gave him socks on his first day and because of that he now pays it forward. Although the personal belongings he has with him fits into a small box, he shares his excess with fellow pod mates. If he had 3 pair of socks and someone had none, he willingly gave one pair. He would say, " I have plenty, these are for you." He would call home and ask if he could give something away or if he could order an extra deodorant, toothpaste, because someone he was cool with, was waiting to be assigned a job and was "indigent" and was in need. He respects the fact that his father and I send him money monthly.

Prison can either break you or you can use your time and learn something. I hope other people have stories similar to this and your LO made good choices and learned something while doing their time. I can't wait to get my son home!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fryefrye For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (06-21-2017), lolo21216 (06-20-2017)
  #122  
Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 PM
fiat_nox's Avatar
fiat_nox fiat_nox is offline
still batshit crazy
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: the real world
Posts: 1,186
Thanks: 2,042
Thanked 1,212 Times in 567 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryefrye View Post
Prison can either break you or you can use your time and learn something. I hope other people have stories similar to this and your LO made good choices and learned something while doing their time. I can't wait to get my son home!
That is so true! I'm glad your son is one who used it to help "make him"!
He sounds like an awesome young man and I'm glad he's closer distance-wise as well as time-wise. I hope it speeds by for you both!
__________________
One Day at a Time
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-27-2017, 07:28 AM
fryefrye fryefrye is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 17
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_nox View Post
That is so true! I'm glad your son is one who used it to help "make him"!
He sounds like an awesome young man and I'm glad he's closer distance-wise as well as time-wise. I hope it speeds by for you both!
Thank you for your very kind words. This forum (prison talk) has kept me sane during the most insane time of my life and I truly appreciate how everyone respects each other. This has been tough, but the end of this chapter is near. We are ready for whatever challenges come his way. I just want him home.

I see according to your counter, you are down to less than 2 months! That is very exciting!! I wish you and your LO the very best!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-27-2017, 08:00 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,522
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryefrye View Post
My son is dated to come home August 1, 2018. I remember dropping him off at county (the judge gave him a week before starting his sentence to spend some time with family) and the door closing behind him and my heart ripping out of my chest. That was August 2014 and I didn't know how I was going to make it through the next 4 yrs, let alone the end of the 1st day! Fast forward to today, June 19, 2017. Three years just about down and roughly 13 months left to go! I am fortunate enough to be able to speak to my son daily and see him every weekend. He spent 2 years about 4 hrs away (I still drove that every other weekend) and the 3rd & final year he is only 30 minutes away from home.

I find myself sitting in his bedroom, knowing that soon he will be there too. I am so excited to get him back home. He has used his time to his advantage and will soon graduate the electrical program. He gave full disclosure to his employer and through honesty and hard work, was advised his job is waiting for his return. My son learned what support fro the outside looks like and what no support looks like and because of that, he learned compassion.
When my son entered county awaiting transfer to state, he remembers the kind man that gave him socks on his first day and because of that he now pays it forward. Although the personal belongings he has with him fits into a small box, he shares his excess with fellow pod mates. If he had 3 pair of socks and someone had none, he willingly gave one pair. He would say, " I have plenty, these are for you." He would call home and ask if he could give something away or if he could order an extra deodorant, toothpaste, because someone he was cool with, was waiting to be assigned a job and was "indigent" and was in need. He respects the fact that his father and I send him money monthly.

Prison can either break you or you can use your time and learn something. I hope other people have stories similar to this and your LO made good choices and learned something while doing their time. I can't wait to get my son home!
Sounds like you raised an amazing son. I can see how excited you are to have him home My husband comes home just two months after your son and I can't wait.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (06-28-2017)
  #125  
Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 PM
cljinct's Avatar
cljinct cljinct is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: ct usa
Posts: 617
Thanks: 383
Thanked 671 Times in 316 Posts
Default

Mine comes home february 20, 2018. This whole prison " experience" is getting " old" really quickly. I'll be glad when his ass is on this side of those walls!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When your loved one comes home do you want to talk about prison? 1dayatatime Coming Home 223 08-17-2012 07:26 PM
The Closer He Gets to Coming Home - He's all I seem to talk about forsakenLove Coming Home 8 06-07-2012 06:06 PM
Can anyone else not talk to their loved one for lack of home phone crysania GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 4 03-27-2008 08:30 PM
Is Your Loved One EVER Coming Home? KatieO Loving a Lifer 17 07-02-2006 04:36 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics