Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missd574 View Post
My dads been in 20 years, he going to be coming home 4 months from today!!
That's so awesome I'm sure he's very excited.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:31 PM

A week gone already in this month. It's flying by. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Yes it is flying!!! Im so happy. :-)
Old 05-08-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
We are all another day closer itís so exciting to see the countdown getting lower!

The Following User Says Thank You to TerifikWifey For This Useful Post:
nygirl17 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Hi all! I’m new to this thread, but have used PT for about 6 months now..Mu hubby is in Kentucky..& I didn’t wanna get too excited for homecoming, BUT, we’re only 6 months away & im definitely starting to feel all the feels! Lol Well, hope my post doesn’t bother any of y’all! Just wanted to share I’m super friendly & helpful & my DMs are always open!
The Following User Says Thank You to nani1231 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 01:01 AM
Donation Award 

I remember when my hubby had years to go before his release, eventually it became months...now it's a mere 6 weeks to the day before he's in my arms again. I can't believe we're so close! I'm so happy/nervous/excited you get the gist lol. We're all getting closer to seeing our loved ones and 2018 is just flying on by. Hang in there ladies, I hope everyone is doing ok!

Married my Soulmate and Best Friend April 2, 2018!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FuturMrsHouston For This Useful Post:
nani1231 (05-09-2018), Sean'sGirl82 (05-09-2018), TerifikWifey (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani1231 View Post
Hi all! Iím new to this thread, but have used PT for about 6 months now..Mu hubby is in Kentucky..& I didnít wanna get too excited for homecoming, BUT, weíre only 6 months away & im definitely starting to feel all the feels! Lol Well, hope my post doesnít bother any of yíall! Just wanted to share Iím super friendly & helpful & my DMs are always open!
Why would it bother us....thats what we are here for to support one another. Congrats and his homecoming in six months. It will be here before you know it. It's been going so fast already. So get excited
Old 05-09-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturMrsHouston View Post
I remember when my hubby had years to go before his release, eventually it became months...now it's a mere 6 weeks to the day before he's in my arms again. I can't believe we're so close! I'm so happy/nervous/excited you get the gist lol. We're all getting closer to seeing our loved ones and 2018 is just flying on by. Hang in there ladies, I hope everyone is doing ok!
Wow six weeks that's wonderful. I can imagine all your going through and everything that your feeling. It's going so fast it blows my mind. We've got this.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Why would it bother us....thats what we are here for to support one another. Congrats and his homecoming in six months. It will be here before you know it. It's been going so fast already. So get excited
Just me being polite I think lol But yes, thatís what this is for! Thank u! 😊 I know, Iím kinda starting to freak out..His term wasnít long compared to others, but I havenít seen him since October..So, when he comes home, itíd be a little over a year that I havenít seen him 😭
Old 05-09-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Aww yaaay! So happy for u! I feel like I blinked & weíre almost 1:/2 way they 2018..which is amazing! Lol
Hope u donít mind me asking, what did u do/are doing the last couple months/weeks before homecoming? Like home prep? Clothes? Things like that
Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Aww yaaay! So happy for u! I feel like I blinked & weíre almost 1:/2 way they 2018..which is amazing! Lol
Hope u donít mind me asking, what did u do/are doing the last couple months/weeks before homecoming? Like home prep? Clothes? Things like that
That's really sweet thank you! For me personally, home prep had been stalled. My hubbys parole officer has YET to approve or deny our homeplan so I had to make alternate arrangements for my hubby in case he can't reside with me right away. But as to your other questions, Well I've been collecting things here and there for awhile now for my man. I bought him a nice summer outfit, his favorite cologne, bath and body gel so he can wash the prison off him and some other stuff. He's funny he asked if I could please have some gum as soon as he gets in the car because he hasn't chewed any in over 2 years lol oh and he wants coffee too when I get him.

He gets out June 20th super early in the morning and its a 3 hour drive to get to him so around the 3 month mark I went ahead and booked us a honeymoon suite at a nice hotel near the prison. My main reason was I don't know if he can come home to me straight away and it may be our only time together as newlyweds. It's different for every lady and her man and his terms of parole. My sidge is a bit unique so I'm kinda going all out! I plan to check in the night before, not get any sleep from excitement, lol and pick him up in the morning and....well you know the rest haha I can't believe I'm so close

So what about you, your man has 6 months left right? That's nothing, it's gonna go by before you know it! What's your plan when you go pick up your LO? Do you have your own outfit in mind? My husband for some crazy reason loves my legs so I bought myself a mini dress. In case the guard is special about what I'm wearing I'm going to throw on some shorts underneath for when I check in to pick him up, but it should be fine. It's super cute and since my hubby is being released at the start of summer AND is waaay in the desert here in CA, I know I'll need to be dressed cool...pun intended! Haha anyway I'm rambling welcome to PTO

Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Now Wife ❤️

Time is flying for me too, I am down to 42 days today! It's so exciting!!!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
Aww that's so exciting!
Sean'sGirl82 (05-11-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean'sGirl82 View Post
Hey countdown twin! June 20th will be here before we know it. Yaay!

The Following User Says Thank You to FuturMrsHouston For This Useful Post:
Sean'sGirl82 (05-11-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
That's really sweet thank you! For me personally, home prep had been stalled. My hubbys parole officer has YET to approve or deny our homeplan so I had to make alternate arrangements for my hubby in case he can't reside with me right away. But as to your other questions, Well I've been collecting things here and there for awhile now for my man. I bought him a nice summer outfit, his favorite cologne, bath and body gel so he can wash the prison off him and some other stuff. He's funny he asked if I could please have some gum as soon as he gets in the car because he hasn't chewed any in over 2 years lol oh and he wants coffee too when I get him.

He gets out June 20th super early in the morning and its a 3 hour drive to get to him so around the 3 month mark I went ahead and booked us a honeymoon suite at a nice hotel near the prison. My main reason was I don't know if he can come home to me straight away and it may be our only time together as newlyweds. It's different for every lady and her man and his terms of parole. My sidge is a bit unique so I'm kinda going all out! I plan to check in the night before, not get any sleep from excitement, lol and pick him up in the morning and....well you know the rest haha I can't believe I'm so close

So what about you, your man has 6 months left right? That's nothing, it's gonna go by before you know it! What's your plan when you go pick up your LO? Do you have your own outfit in mind? My husband for some crazy reason loves my legs so I bought myself a mini dress. In case the guard is special about what I'm wearing I'm going to throw on some shorts underneath for when I check in to pick him up, but it should be fine. It's super cute and since my hubby is being released at the start of summer AND is waaay in the desert here in CA, I know I'll need to be dressed cool...pun intended! Haha anyway I'm rambling welcome to PTO
Lol thank u! I ramble too, no worries! lol Yes, 6 months left. He's been down 2 years..So, I know it's not as long others' terms & sentences, but still him being gone u know?
As far as outfit, I have no idea. He;s in Kentucky & it snows...& I have no snow clothes bc I live in CA, so I definitely have to shop for clothes lol
We're flying home since it's so far from home..& Definitely getting a hotel & taking some PTO at work! LOL
I'm planning on moving into a new place in October at the latest..How long in advance does the PO come to look at the place where the inmate will reside?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Lol thank u! I ramble too, no worries! lol Yes, 6 months left. He's been down 2 years..So, I know it's not as long others' terms & sentences, but still him being gone u know?
As far as outfit, I have no idea. He;s in Kentucky & it snows...& I have no snow clothes bc I live in CA, so I definitely have to shop for clothes lol
We're flying home since it's so far from home..& Definitely getting a hotel & taking some PTO at work! LOL
I'm planning on moving into a new place in October at the latest..How long in advance does the PO come to look at the place where the inmate will reside?
Even a day away from the man you love is too long so trust me, I get it, this life isn't easy but having that love keeps us hanging in there for our men. And ya know? Tbh I'm not familiar with how laws operate in KY? My husband's parole officer came to check our home waaaay back in January and we have yet to have an answer (approval or denial grrr). But that is just MY situation. Parole, I have learned so far is different not only for every state but it varies from parolee to parolee and according to the whim of the Parole officer. It sucks but I'm learning to just roll with it.

There is a forum here specifically for things pertaining to Parole and Probation and you can start a new thread there if you need further info. Hopefully someone with more experience/expertise can shed some light on things for you

But on the upside, your guy doesn't have much longer and he seems lucky to have you in his corner!

Old 05-09-2018, 03:51 PM

Time is flying ladies. Loving all of the support going on in here. Our guys sure are lucky to have us Glad to know everyone including me is getting things together and in order for when they come home. No special outfit for me though. He knows I'm simple. But it will be something revealing and right. He will like that lol.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Even a day away from the man you love is too long so trust me, I get it, this life isn't easy but having that love keeps us hanging in there for our men. And ya know? Tbh I'm not familiar with how laws operate in KY? My husband's parole officer came to check our home waaaay back in January and we have yet to have an answer (approval or denial grrr). But that is just MY situation. Parole, I have learned so far is different not only for every state but it varies from parolee to parolee and according to the whim of the Parole officer. It sucks but I'm learning to just roll with it.

There is a forum here specifically for things pertaining to Parole and Probation and you can start a new thread there if you need further info. Hopefully someone with more experience/expertise can shed some light on things for you

But on the upside, your guy doesn't have much longer and he seems lucky to have you in his corner!
Thank u, I'll look into it & see what others can tell me Last time he got out, he was released to HWH, & once he was in the HWH, his PO came to look at the apartment & he approved it same day. So, hopefully it's the same situation. He's in Feds, & I know that's so different than from State prisons. Girrrl, FBOP has ran my life for so long I feel now that it's around the corner, time is going sooo much slower lol I look back at the last 2 years & I'm like wooow that was fast, but these next 6 months I just can't seem to see going just as fast lol I think it's probably just being nervous & anxious
FuturMrsHouston (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Time is flying ladies. Loving all of the support going on in here. Our guys sure are lucky to have us Glad to know everyone including me is getting things together and in order for when they come home. No special outfit for me though. He knows I'm simple. But it will be something revealing and right. He will like that lol.
They surely are!

I'm just happy you made this thread it's very positive and supportive. Every day gets closer and I have had to remind myself to just breathe lol

And yes I'm sure your hubby will love whatever you wear, from what you've written and described, you guys seem really cute together!

Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
They surely are!

I'm just happy you made this thread it's very positive and supportive. Every day gets closer and I have had to remind myself to just breathe lol

And yes I'm sure your hubby will love whatever you wear, from what you've written and described, you guys seem really cute together!
Awwww well thank you. I'm glad we have each other for support. I'm getting super nervous about our upcoming parole meeting. 6 & a wake up. I have to be there at 8 am and there is no set time for the meeting it's anywhere from 9am to 4pm. Ugh. Once we get an answer I'll feel better I hope. Not unless it's bad news. But I'm trying not to think about it to much. I'll let everyone know when I know.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Awwww well thank you. I'm glad we have each other for support. I'm getting super nervous about our upcoming parole meeting. 6 & a wake up. I have to be there at 8 am and there is no set time for the meeting it's anywhere from 9am to 4pm. Ugh. Once we get an answer I'll feel better I hope. Not unless it's bad news. But I'm trying not to think about it to much. I'll let everyone know when I know.
Yeah me too! June 1st I'll call my husband's Parole officer to find out once and for all if his home plan is approved or denied. I'm anxious so I understand how you're feeling. This month thankfully is going super fast so that helps

I can't wait to hear your update though on the hearing and I'm sending good luck your way!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah me too! June 1st I'll call my husband's Parole officer to find out once and for all if his home plan is approved or denied. I'm anxious so I understand how you're feeling. This month thankfully is going super fast so that helps

I can't wait to hear your update though on the hearing and I'm sending good luck your way!
That's about the same time we will here about his not unless his counselor tells him sooner. He will also be at the meeting with us. I'll definitely let everyone know asap either way.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:45 PM

Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day The past week went by so fast And this week will to. My husband's parole meeting is Wednesday I'm still so nervous but I'm not getting myself worked up about it. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day The past week went by so fast And this week will to. My husband's parole meeting is Wednesday I'm still so nervous but I'm not getting myself worked up about it. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll keep everyone posted.
Good luck & hope everything works out 🤞🏼🙏🏼
Old 05-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Now Wife ❤️

Quote:

Good luck hope everything goes great for you guys. I went to see Sean on Motherís Day with the kids lol. That was our final visit before he comes home. I looked around while I was there just taking everything in and said bye to a couple of the guards that are super nice to us.