Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Violent Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Violent Offender Discuss the issues of having a violent offender as part of your life. Please keep in mind that some of us are married to violent offenders. Please remember that these offenders are human, and as such, can change... just like anyone else.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbaby View Post
Marc was charged with murder and plead down to Assault with a Deadly weapon with intent to kill.....major BS...but I suppose they consider him a violent offender....I am just curious to see how many of us are in love with such "violent creatures!!!" LOL...I love my VO!
~Katie
My son is considered a violent offender due to his charge of Manslaughter & he just simply had a car accident where the passenger died.. First time offender. Classic is a HUGE problem and needs to be reformed.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 09:42 AM

Default Son consider violent offender 924c undergoing Supreme Court Rulings in 2020

My son went to get his money back. Two other men had guns. My son pled guilty to robbery and firearm in a plea deal but he did not have a gun. The 924c violent crime and gun laws are changing (Davis June 2019 Supreme Court ruling) and more Supreme Court rulings this year. My son will be appealing his conviction on the 924c this year after his sentencing in May 2020. The "violent crime" language is "vague" per one of the Supreme Court Justices in the ruling last June. So things will be changing on definitions of 924c.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:15 PM

I never considered this thread b/c my man isn't a "violent offender" in my eyes. It just never occurred to me he could be considered one. But, as comments progressed, and we spoke more of the prejudice against him, I realized he is. He has already served his time for his "violent act" of defending himself against a man with a knife. He had no weapon. The man would not back away no matter what. He was finally forced to use the man's own knife against him. "Voluntary manslaughter". BS. So even though that was years ago, and isn't supposed to be held against him, it is. So yeah, I guess I'm in love with a violent offender LOL!