Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:12 PM

Exclamation No information on my boyfriend anywhere! Help?

Hey everyone. So my boyfriend has been in Bossier Parish Jail for 2 years on federal charges. He got sentenced to federal prison at his court date in July. Then he was picked up between two and three weeks ago, and I'm assuming, taken to prison, but he's not in the system. Every time I search for him on the BOP website his name and register number comes up but it always says "not in BOP custody" just like it did when he was still in Bossier Parish so I have no idea where he is.
I called Bossier and they confirmed that the US marshals came and got him approximately two weeks ago but they don't know where they took him. I've tried everything I can think of to find him, I called his lawyer's office and they don't know where he went, I tried calling the US marshals office in Shreveport and left a message but got no reply, I've called the main BOP phone number in Washington DC and they don't ever answer.. sooo frustrating, ugh!
He thought there was a chance he might get taken to Oklahoma County or Grady County Jail if FTC Oklahoma City was full but I've spoken with them and they say they don't have him either. I've inquired multiple jails in different states and counties/parishes and he is nowhere to be found. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Where is my boyfriend? Have they lost him? Why is there no information about him anywhere and most importantly how do I find him?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNamedLucky View Post
Hey everyone. So my boyfriend has been in Bossier Parish Jail for 2 years on federal charges. He got sentenced to federal prison at his court date in July. Then he was picked up between two and three weeks ago, and I'm assuming, taken to prison, but he's not in the system. Every time I search for him on the BOP website his name and register number comes up but it always says "not in BOP custody" just like it did when he was still in Bossier Parish so I have no idea where he is.
I called Bossier and they confirmed that the US marshals came and got him approximately two weeks ago but they don't know where they took him. I've tried everything I can think of to find him, I called his lawyer's office and they don't know where he went, I tried calling the US marshals office in Shreveport and left a message but got no reply, I've called the main BOP phone number in Washington DC and they don't ever answer.. sooo frustrating, ugh!
He thought there was a chance he might get taken to Oklahoma County or Grady County Jail if FTC Oklahoma City was full but I've spoken with them and they say they don't have him either. I've inquired multiple jails in different states and counties/parishes and he is nowhere to be found. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Where is my boyfriend? Have they lost him? Why is there no information about him anywhere and most importantly how do I find him?

Transfers can be so difficult. I would say he’s either still in a County jail, in transit, or maybe the hospital. Have you tried looking on Vinelink to see if he shows up in a County jail? Know that wherever he goes, he will have to quarantine at EACH spot. So as hard as it is, know he’ll reach out as soon as he can.
The Following User Says Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
GirlNamedLucky (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:38 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,121 Times in 13,831 Posts

He is "in transit" which can be quick, or it can sometimes take months to complete. Actual movements to his eventual destination can happen every day, or whenever they get around to moving him. Some trips, by bus or van, only happen once a week etc., so he can spend long periods locked up in temporary locations.

Whenever he stops in a bop owned prison, overnight or longer, like the Oklahoma City transfer prison, he will be included on that day's bop inmate locator, which is updated in the middle of the night. When he is parked in a different facility, local jail, State prison, wherever, the inmate locator will say he isn't in bop custody.

Some temporary stops allow phone calls, but many don't, so he will contact you as soon as he is allowed to. Transit is definitely a difficult time for both prisoners, and their families so stay strong knowing that it will eventually improve.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
Transfers can be so difficult. I would say he’s either still in a County jail, in transit, or maybe the hospital. Have you tried looking on Vinelink to see if he shows up in a County jail? Know that wherever he goes, he will have to quarantine at EACH spot. So as hard as it is, know he’ll reach out as soon as he can.
Yeah I checked vine and got nothing. He actually hasn't been able to be found on vinelink since the feds picked up his case like a year and a half ago. I swear the feds act weirdly secretive about their inmates, lol.

I worry a lot that he will catch COVID or something and I have quite a bit of anxiety not knowing what's going on with him. I hate to think about how he could be sick right now and I wouldn't even be able to tell him that I hope he feels better. I'm ready for this part to be over so I can hear from him. Anything is better than not knowing.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNamedLucky View Post
Yeah I checked vine and got nothing. He actually hasn't been able to be found on vinelink since the feds picked up his case like a year and a half ago. I swear the feds act weirdly secretive about their inmates, lol.

I worry a lot that he will catch COVID or something and I have quite a bit of anxiety not knowing what's going on with him. I hate to think about how he could be sick right now and I wouldn't even be able to tell him that I hope he feels better. I'm ready for this part to be over so I can hear from him. Anything is better than not knowing.

Huge anxiety level. We just went through a transfer. 21 days quarantine at the previous place, then 21 days at the new place. 42 days of radio silence. That was my biggest fear. That he would catch it in quarantine and I wouldn’t know. Hopefully you hear something soon
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-21-2020), GirlNamedLucky (10-20-2020), safran (10-20-2020), SummersBirkin (10-21-2020)