Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: How many current members are affected by the Federal Prison System
Affected in some way by the Federal Prison System 2,152 97.73%
Not affected by the Federal Prison System 50 2.27%
Voters: 2202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan3rd
Can I borrow one of you ladies ??? I dont have a woman that wants me back...I am sad about that and am envious that you all have stuck by your loves. God bless you emensly....I really mean that....God Bless You Emensly

Dan
I'm sure you will be adopted by a few women here when you go. Do you have a date yet?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Account Closed

I have been affected every day for 13 years ... and I have LIFE w/o parole to go. I throw many pitty parties but the one who really suffers is my husband. Every day since his arrest (one month after his 18th birthday) he has had to wake up knowing his life was over. I can't imagine that. I am asked every day why I stay. How can I leave? I wouldn't leave my dog alone to deal with this.

There are some remote possibilities ... Blakely and parole (if they change the exemption for life w/o parole). I'm not counting on these because there have been things in the past 13 years that have come and gone. The crush that comes after that let-down is too much for me to go through again so I just wait and see. I don't get excited about anything anymore. I almost lost control over the Blakely thing but my husband was kind enough to burst my bubble before too much damage was done. :-)

Overall, I'm bitter and angry and it gets worse every year. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:52 AM

Arrow

hi pto federal system got my guy and he doing a life sentence he been down 9 years hopfully they let him go in a couple of years and i'll have my soul mate for life
Old 08-31-2004, 09:47 PM

Hi all. I'm awaiting sentencing. Sept. 20th is the day it happens.

I want to say that this forum is a gift from God to me. You ALL are so special to me and have taught me quite a lot already. I wish I could get to know all of you. I know time is short but I will try to get to know ya'll the best I can before I get shipped out.

Barry
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
dlamb

Put Me Into Your Count! My Whole Life Has Changed. It Consist Of Getting Enough Money To Go To Prison To See My Husband, Making The Drive To See My Husband, Standing In Line To See My Husband, And Driving Home Alone All The While Planning My Next Trip To Prison To See My Husband! Prison Is As Much My Life As His, And The Federal Sentencing Guidelines Have Done Their Best To Make Sure This Is My Life For 10 Yrs.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 PM

My girlfriend has been at FTC OKC for a week now waiting to go to Dublin, CA. Before that it was about three months at SeaTac, and quite a while in county before that awaiting sentencing. With the county time credit she is eligible for RDAP right now and we're just hoping she gets to her destination and into the program as soon as possible.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:15 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MyJoe
Hecky Yeah I'm affected by the federal prison system....they got MY MAN Diane, they got my man :-) and Lord willing I'll get him back.

You go girl! They got my man too... an im gonna get him back too!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Donation Award 

It's funny you picked that post out from 4MyJoe today...I had just reread it this morning and laughed my assets off (well, wish I could drop some of my assets by simply laughing, lol)

We will all get them back one day....can never be soon enough!

Welcome to PTO! Glad you have joined us!

Diane
Old 09-04-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Nellis?

Hi my husband just recently got transfered there. I dont know a single thing about Nellis. If you can spare some time could you tell me a little something about it. Visiting, phone calls, anything at all. I would be thankfull for any information. It's really hard now because before his tranfer he was only 40 minutes away and I got to see him every weekend now him being so far I'll be lucky if I get to go see him once if at all. So anything would be helpful. Thank you & have a smiley day! God bless T.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

tea

I did a search and pulled up some post that have mentioned Nellis.

They may or may not contain information you seek..but it is a start for you!

Hope you find something!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sea...earchid=569830
Old 09-11-2004, 02:27 AM
only Love in our house...

My fiancee is in Federal prison, FCI Waseca, in Minnesota, nope they cant keep him forever, only 15 more monthes to go, the Feds really need an overhaul all right, Its all about money, they see us as dollar signs, not people, thats why they are packin them in relentlessly and for reasons that still blow my mind.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 AM
And What?

Brooks is in Leavenworth Detention Center - waiting to finalize his plea and hopefully be transferred to Seagoville, TX.... Hopefully... then I can see him regularly and be of more support... I haven't seen him in 3 mo as he's 9 hr drive away and I can't afford a plane ticket at the moment... Even worse - his visitation day is on a Thurs - makes if extremely difficult when I have kids in school to even think about travel... Till he comes home.....
Old 09-12-2004, 07:50 AM

My son is in Federal Custody - this has been a very difficult experience.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:40 PM

my guy is in a max federal prison with a life sentence he's been down for 10 years
Old 10-03-2004, 04:40 PM

My fiancee is in a Federal Prison and unless they reinstate parole for Feds then I don't get him back until 2012.

Michelle
Old 10-04-2004, 08:59 PM

Nellis is not to bad. My husband was in Los Angeles and it was aweful, so Nellis although far it is bearable. Visiting has gotten a liitle more strict, but again bearable. They get 300 minutes for phones at 20 minutes a pop. I'm in California and only go once every 5-7weeks. I wish I could go more but its far and expensive. Visiting is friday 5-8:00 pm and saturday and sunday 8:00 am-3:00 pm. Hope this helps. Anymore questions, feel free and ask away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea33tea
Hi my husband just recently got transfered there. I dont know a single thing about Nellis. If you can spare some time could you tell me a little something about it. Visiting, phone calls, anything at all. I would be thankfull for any information. It's really hard now because before his tranfer he was only 40 minutes away and I got to see him every weekend now him being so far I'll be lucky if I get to go see him once if at all. So anything would be helpful. Thank you & have a smiley day! God bless T.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Banned

My Heart is In FCI Schuylkill...and sort of in the range of Bretts girl..His projected elease dats is 2012..but they havent puthim at his 85% the judge did but when he went to FCI they didnt change it...So he's been writing to the people he has to to get it fixed..So yes..the FEDS have become a part of my Life....
Old 10-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Ladies!

HasNAie...what do you mean they haven't put him at his 85% yet?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:34 AM

Well my Poobie has been in the system almost ten years. He has a year and three months left. It's been a ride and a long one at that. However, the road is getting ready to come to an end.
Thanks goodness!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:09 AM

My Son Has Been In For Over A Year, With 5 More Years To Go...straight-sentence..
Old 10-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Cyndee

My daughter Dana, is a federal prisoner, sentenced to 81 months. VERY compassionate federal judge recommended incarceration in state facility for women only 109 miles away from home and request was granted. The same judge also granted HUGE downward departure from mandatory minimum, in spite of prosecution and PSI recommendations. GOD bless her!
Old 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome, welcome!

Glad you all found us here! You will surely find PTO to be a supportive and understanding group as we all have been affected in some!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:17 PM

Thumbs down future fed squater

After the 29th of this month I will going somewhere in the fed system..
Old 10-10-2004, 11:05 PM

Thumbs up God will see us through...

My fiance is at USP Lewisburg serving a 41 year sentence. He's been down for 4 yrs and 9 mos. We are fighting, to this day, for justice because of the lies the feds told to put him there with no help from his public defender, who had to be, as he stated, "the devil's advocate":fb: . There WILL be justice! May God bless you all.

Skinny's Baby:love:,

Katrena
a.k.a
"Skat"
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM

They've got my baby for way too long. Had he testified against his Co-D's he would be out right now. They all turned against him and he got more time than the main person they went after, every last one of his Co-D's has been released