Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-04-2020, 01:56 AM

Default 3 page correspondence?

Per the inmate handbook:

"Your general correspondence is limited to three pages so that it can be photocopied along with one side of the envelope. Two sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 inches of copy paper will be provided to you that is a copy of the envelope and three pieces of the correspondence on the four-sides of the two sheets of copy paper. Only black and white copies will be made. No cards, larger-size paper or anything else will be manipulated to fit on the copy paper. Any general correspondence that exceeds these limits will be treated as contraband."

I was thinking of writing a woman I knew from high school (that I remember being really nice... addiction sucks) who is recently back in prison. Just to be sure I have this right, if I were to write an inmate in AR DOC, I'm limited to 3 pages of writing? That seems to be the case, but it sounds awfully restrictive. I just want to make sure by asking anyone who has experience dealing with the Arkansas DOC mail policy in the last couple of years.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2020, 10:11 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,481 Times in 17,288 Posts

That's what I understand the policy to mean. 3 page letters only so the facility can copy it all, including the envelope, on 2 pieces of copy paper.

EDIT: The AR DOC webpage for visitors also adds the following:

Quote:
Please write all letters in dark ink only (black or blue ink), do not use pencils or yellow markers because it will reduce image quality. Please click on the examples below of ink versus pencil scan quality.

https://adc.arkansas.gov/mail-money

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 03-04-2020 at 10:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
snailmaillady (03-04-2020)