Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Question Drug Program and Designation Help?

I need some help getting a definite anwser. My husband was intially incarcerated Jan 13th 2010, sentenced Jan 12th 2011, moved to a transitional waiting location (orange county jail NC) feb16th, and is still there as of today April 7th. Why is it taking so long? Is there a limit they can keep him in waiting? He hasn't even been designated. And if he is designated can they tell me where BEFORE he gets there? Also Previously to this lock up he had a common law robbery charge, even thou the judge recommended it, can they still deem him ineligible?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,361 Times in 4,630 Posts

Ineligible for what?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Account Closed

I think she means RDAP. That charge won't keep him out. Was weapon involved in any of the charges?

This is long to you, but in the prison world it is the norm. Nothing moves as fast as we'd like and the sooner you accept this the better you will be. 3 months is not unusual at all and NO you will not be able to know when or where he'll be going. Waiting is your only option.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM

Well I contacted the US marshalls and surprisingly enough they contacted the BOP to see whats the hold up. He told me to call back sometime next week and he sould have an answer. I dont know about where your from but the jail talk in NC is that no one stays in transit holding no longer than a month or two, absolutle tops is three. Sometimes I dont trust what they say, but for the most part theyre usually right. and I get the term drug program from the inmates, thats what they call it.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM

My son was on the "slow train to hell" in NC for 18 or 19 months. The US Marshals are not allowed to tell you when or where he's moved to "for his protection." He will get credit for his time served, but there's no good time accruing until he gets to BOP. Don't believe everything you hear. Most of it is incorrect. And remember that just because the rules at one place is one thing, they're apt to change when he gets to another place. Most important thing to remember when he gets into BOP is most facilities have a very strict dress code. Know what it is prior to visiting or you will make a very long trip for nothing. Also make certain you are on his visitor's list prior to visiting or you will not get in. Also, it is not unusually for a lockdown to occur on visiting days, so be prepared for that.

It will cost you between $100-$300 every time you visit him. Expect an overnight motel stay and at least $100 in gasoline, because he probably will not be anywhere near. Most federal institutions are way out in the boonies, so you cannot take public transportation to visit him; you must drive to most of the facilities.

You cannot send him stamps, so don't try it. You can write to him if you know where he's at. He will need you and/or your family to send him about $100 per month so he can get underwear, personal hygiene items, etc. He will be assigned a job which he will get paid $25-$50 per month. If you want him to call you, the calling cards run $80 and expire in 30 days.

Can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.