Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:53 PM
Donation Award 

Default Tablets coming soon to North Carolina prisons.

A memo was posted around the facility today notifying inmates that they will be able to receive tablets in the upcoming weeks and that a few facilities have already been using them for a few weeks. This is exciting to me because I was hoping that this would happen due to the covid. Hopefully they will make this happen really soon because it will make things so much easier
The Following User Says Thank You to Lifetime30 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-06-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2020, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetime30 View Post
A memo was posted around the facility today notifying inmates that they will be able to receive tablets in the upcoming weeks and that a few facilities have already been using them for a few weeks. This is exciting to me because I was hoping that this would happen due to the covid. Hopefully they will make this happen really soon because it will make things so much easier
We just at a video visitation thru webex. It was only 15 min but I hadn't seen my man since Feb. I'd really love for them to get tablets at CP.
The Following User Says Thank You to tricialynn26 For This Useful Post:
Lifetime30 (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricialynn26 View Post
We just at a video visitation thru webex. It was only 15 min but I hadn't seen my man since Feb. I'd really love for them to get tablets at CP.
Well that is awesome hopefully they will get them at cp. I never had that before what exactly happens when that is set up
Old 06-06-2020, 05:42 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,640 Times in 2,286 Posts

Shut up, that'll be awesome! My guy told me about possible video-visits in the not so distant future but let's see what happens and when...
Lifetime30 (06-08-2020), maytayah (06-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Well that is awesome hopefully they will get them at cp. I never had that before what exactly happens when that is set up
Im not sure where your from but im in NYS we have them you can email send pics short videos its way better than letters they get it so much faster we don't have video visits yet though unfortunately
Old 06-08-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
We have been so thankful for the tablets here in NY especially with no visits, have not seen my fiancé since February. He can log in to the kiosk up to 5 times a day and until 11 PM where he is, I send pics and 30 second video grams. It has been a life saver!
Old 06-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Shut up, that'll be awesome! My guy told me about possible video-visits in the not so distant future but let's see what happens and when...
According to the paper is should really soon.... I'll be super excited. And what shocked me is they have already gave them to several institutions in nc! So I know it's real.
MizzyMuffling (06-09-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn0208 View Post
We have been so thankful for the tablets here in NY especially with no visits, have not seen my fiancé since February. He can log in to the kiosk up to 5 times a day and until 11 PM where he is, I send pics and 30 second video grams. It has been a life saver!

That sounds awesome. I cannot wait to have that opportunity.
Can he send videos back. And can you actually do live video chat because the memo said that you could. And Is it pricy.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Im not sure where your from but im in NYS we have them you can email send pics short videos its way better than letters they get it so much faster we don't have video visits yet though unfortunately
Great. Are the emails held for awhile or do they come as soon as you send them
Old 06-09-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Great. Are the emails held for awhile or do they come as soon as you send them
He cannot send vids back but I can send a 30 second vid to him, it depends sometimes there is a delay but he normally gets mine within and hour or 2. Since he is allowed 5 log ins we pretty much have a routine of when he sends them. He always send one before the kiosk shuts off at 11 just to say good night to each other. Pics normally take about 2 hours and vids sometimes 4 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unicorn0208 For This Useful Post:
Lifetime30 (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,640 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
According to the paper is should really soon.... I'll be super excited. And what shocked me is they have already gave them to several institutions in nc! So I know it's real.

My guy told me today they’re giving them out for free. He’s starting to get excited (which is rare enough) and it would be awesome. Let’s see what’ll happen and when...
Lifetime30 (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
My guy told me today they’re giving them out for free. He’s starting to get excited (which is rare enough) and it would be awesome. Let’s see what’ll happen and when...
His was free too here in NY, its pretty cool and is another layer of communication besides the 30 min phone call I get a day LOL
Old 06-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn0208 View Post
He cannot send vids back but I can send a 30 second vid to him, it depends sometimes there is a delay but he normally gets mine within and hour or 2. Since he is allowed 5 log ins we pretty much have a routine of when he sends them. He always send one before the kiosk shuts off at 11 just to say good night to each other. Pics normally take about 2 hours and vids sometimes 4 hours.

That is awesome that you can send pics and videos. I dont know why I thought that it would be simple emails and that's all. I believe the wait time is really worth it. Especially when we have to wait until visitation to see each other. The last time I seen him was 3 months ago. But its okay with this covid. At least something good is coming out of it
Old 06-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yes I'm glad they are finally giving them something else. Thos should help make there time go faster. We will finally have an additional form of communication even though we are super late. At least covid brought out one positive thing.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
That is awesome that you can send pics and videos. I dont know why I thought that it would be simple emails and that's all. I believe the wait time is really worth it. Especially when we have to wait until visitation to see each other. The last time I seen him was 3 months ago. But its okay with this covid. At least something good is coming out of it
It has been a lifesaver, I have not seen my fiancé since Feb so the fact that I can send daily pics of the family and dog LOL makes him feel like he is somewhat home in a way.
Lifetime30 (06-14-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:

I doubt they will get them at cp it's maximum security and holds 1500. Not everyone has access to video visitation in there. He will be transferring out soon, praise Jesus they just opened back up for hair cuts so hopefully when we chat this week he won't look like Chewbacca
Old 09-23-2020, 06:31 PM
Donation Award 

Anyone receive there tablets yet? I heard of a few camps but we are still waiting.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Donation Award 

it would be great if the get them in CP. My LO mentioned tablets to me a few weeks back. We have done a few webex meetings and he calls often. I havent seem him in person since Feb. Thry finally opened for haircuts. His beard was needing a good trim. Im crossing my fingers cp gets them, but they are max and 1500 guys, abd not all even have privileges for webex meetings.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricialynn26 View Post
it would be great if the get them in CP. My LO mentioned tablets to me a few weeks back. We have done a few webex meetings and he calls often. I havent seem him in person since Feb. Thry finally opened for haircuts. His beard was needing a good trim. Im crossing my fingers cp gets them, but they are max and 1500 guys, abd not all even have privileges for webex meetings.
Right atleast you'll are receiving web ex we haven't even been able to do that!. But they did update the visitation policy to 1 visit every month for only 30minutes starting October 1st.