Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 02-11-2004, 08:22 PM
~Trials & Tribulations~

Default need information!!!!

Is there a way to find out what exact charges and inmate in is in for and when this person release date is? My ex is in North Kern County Prision in calfornia and he has contacted me. Just won't give me a reason and length of time.... Any help would be apriciated
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Donation Award 

I know in New York and Georgia you can go to their (Department of Corrections)website, type in sone basic info (name, date of birth) and it will give you the charges as well as an anticipated release date/up for parole date. Perhaps Cali is the same.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 PM

i'm not sure
Old 02-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Angie loves Shawn 4-Ever

You might get a better response to your question if you post it in the CA forum.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Account Closed

Default release dates and commitment offenses

I am sorry to say, there is no way to receive this information from the CDC. Rules of confidentiality prohibit the disclosure of this information. One can contact the county of commitment for the legal documents pertaining to the case, as they are public record, but the information regarding release date is not public record and is confidential information.

There is one exception to this rule. If you are a victim of the inmate’s crime, CDC has a victims services unit in headquarters that will provide you the documents that you need to request to be notified prior to the inmate’s release
Old 02-11-2004, 11:44 PM

Default That's Right

Right again....we are not allowed to give out release dates. Oneway, you just amaze me at how knowledgeable you are..hehehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway
I am sorry to say, there is no way to receive this information from the CDC. Rules of confidentiality prohibit the disclosure of this information. One can contact the county of commitment for the legal documents pertaining to the case, as they are public record, but the information regarding release date is not public record and is confidential information.

There is one exception to this rule. If you are a victim of the inmate’s crime, CDC has a victims services unit in headquarters that will provide you the documents that you need to request to be notified prior to the inmate’s release
Old 02-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Account Closed

Bet you all wish you had my crystal ball so you too could devine these wonderful and factual answers.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

If you have a clue as to what county he was charged in, you can go to the courthouse clerk and look up his case file by name. It should have the charges and his sentence in it unless it's sealed.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 PM

Oneway is right there is no way to find out any of that information. Your boyfriend wont tell you what he has been charged with?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:05 PM

Default hope to help

Hi my brother is in suagus pitchness i went to la county twin towers web site
and its very helpful u click on the jail he's in and then they have a inmate website u place there name or booking number and it tells u everything even when they switch him to and from jails when his court date is and violation hope this helps. lil lee
Old 02-13-2004, 04:59 AM

when they are in county (jail) it is all on the internet, but once they are transfered to state prison, the info is not on the internet (for california), but for $4.75 now you can get most of a person's record through the l.a. superior court website, under criminal. i don't know other counties in CA.

i'll be back in a minute with the la superior court website....
Old 02-13-2004, 05:13 AM

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/

and then on the left there is a box that says la court online, in that box click on criminal defendent index...you pay online..it is $4.75, you need their first and last name, and birthdate if possible..

you can as someone said go to the court(s) and get printouts on all charges and what they were convicted of, as well as the sentence...

good luck-
francis
Old 02-14-2004, 08:03 PM
~Trials & Tribulations~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepsgirl
Oneway is right there is no way to find out any of that information. Your boyfriend wont tell you what he has been charged with?
He is my ex-boyfriend, whom I never really stopped loving (we were together for 10 years) What I know is from family, he is in for abusing his girl whom he left me for and now he is contacting me again and I know him and his game very well.... HE WILL LIE. So I wanted to know if there was a way I can find out the truth so when I do get his response and he does lie (like I know he may) giving him the benifit of the doubt (but still holding reality that "a lepord never changes it's spots") So I am just doing the footwork and testing the waters to see if I am up for the challenge once again.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:04 PM
~Trials & Tribulations~

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES.... I found them useful....Happy Valentine's Day to all that are not with there respective loved ones!