Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

Evening everyone, I have been to my friends house for dinner and a catch up. She also helped with some parts of my assignment so I should be able to catch up now

Zoe - I was reluctant to trust the ink at first but they are genuine cartridges Oh well at least you cant print your letter out now

Seoul - I type all my letters and my pals don't mind I agree you are very nice

Maya - Congrats on being half way through your studies I admire anyone that has the patience to be a teacher

Sue - I think the teachers over here are wonderful. My kids have always loved their teachers

Wats - Here are my answers. I was probably 14 or 15, I can play the viola and clarinet and its has to be a hot bubbly bath everytime

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM
U could be my unintended

I wonder how long this next letter will take to respond to...i'm gonna place bets that it'll be at least a month, if not longer. And I'm still not certain if N will ever call me.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:17 AM

Donation Award 

Morning everyone, I am just going to write my assignment but I thought I would pop in here first and say hi

Seoul - I think you might get a nice surprise this month

Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM
She loves him!

Rhonda - my answers are:
I first got drunk at 13, my brother, his then girlfriend and one of his friends were drinking and they tested their drinks on me. They'd pour multiple drinks into a pint glass and I'd be the guinea pig to see if it was nice or not lol..
I can't play an instrument, I've always wanted to.
I love to sing, but I'm tone death
I ADORE baths - the hotter the better, but showers are okay!

Lisa - yeah, hopefully I can post it tomorrow. It'll be 4 weeks I've had his letter on Monday and I fear he might think I've forgotten him or I don't wish to write to him anymore lol.

He might NOT be PERFECT but he sure does do IMPERFECTION pretty damn well!

Whatever you decide, don't let it be because you don't think you have a choice - Hannah Harrington (Saving June)
The Following User Says Thank You to PlymouthChick For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (06-29-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 06:42 AM
U could be my unintended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisainengland View Post
Morning everyone, I am just going to write my assignment but I thought I would pop in here first and say hi

Seoul - I think you might get a nice surprise this month

That would be lovely, but what kind of surprise are we talking about here?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueinLondonUK View Post
Maya - my partner retrained as a secondary school maths teacher ten years ago at the age of 39, best thing ever
Now an assistant head teacher.
If its like it is here it will be hard work but worth it, at least so I hear....
It is hard work. They have reformed the laws about school in Denmark so there will be almost no preparationtime...and school days as long as normal workdays. Its so "not danish"...Im not sure I will work as a teacher when Im done. To me the challenge is to finish my studies, and THEN see how things are...I dont mind doing dishes...uh, or working at delivering mail!

Quote:
Evening everyone, I have been to my friends house for dinner and a catch up. She also helped with some parts of my assignment so I should be able to catch up now

Zoe - I was reluctant to trust the ink at first but they are genuine cartridges Oh well at least you cant print your letter out now

Seoul - I type all my letters and my pals don't mind I agree you are very nice

Maya - Congrats on being half way through your studies I admire anyone that has the patience to be a teacher

Sue - I think the teachers over here are wonderful. My kids have always loved their teachers

Wats - Here are my answers. I was probably 14 or 15, I can play the viola and clarinet and its has to be a hot bubbly bath everytime
Patience? Whats that? I have nooo patience at all, but on the other hand I hardly ever have problems with my pupils...I dont know if theyre afraid of me, but they are sweet and quiet and exceptionally curious Next years internship will be esciting though... My internship will be in a special school, with kids with autism and adhd and other "issues"...Ive spent some time at my usual "practice school" in their center (outside my normal studies) and I was not impressed at all by the teachers way of dealing with the kids...so I decided to apply for a new place for half of the time next year. I SO hope they are better, and that I will learn something. I want to work with kids (and families) who needs special attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsurdamage View Post
Joy - questions - How old where you when you first got drunk?, Can you play any instruments? Do you like singing? Do you prefer a bath or shower?
I was...14?

I cant play any instruments 100%..Ive taught myself a bit of this and that.

YES!!! I love singing, and if I had the time Id be singing in a choir.

I hate baths...10 minutes and Im bored! Showers take about 7 minutes and thet its all done. I lived on a farm when I was a child, and we had our own "well"/water supply so in summer wed sometimes run dry, and need to carry water from our neighbors to was...so I learned to hurry. I tried making love in the shower...I couldnt. I turned off the water immediately..poor guy!
The Following User Says Thank You to MayaDK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM

I'm so happy everyone answered my questions haha! Easy pleased over here Lisa go you and your musical talent! I always wanted to play guitar, tried to learn twice and I was just disastrous at it! lol.

Zoe I agree the bath is better the hotter it is, I get out with my skin bright red from the heat lol but it's worth it. Get that letter posted!!

Got my 2nd letter from C today! Was all chuffed! Still could barely read it but he told me if I read it twice it'd help....it didn't lol there's still one word in there I haven't a clue what it is no matter how many times I read it!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM
U could be my unintended

Hey guys, no letter. It's almost the end of June, lets see how long it'll take. I am seriously betting it won't be until mid july and my dog just sat on me..like on my head. haha.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 AM

Think I missed the questions earlier but my answers:
First got drunk at 17... Late starter and hardly ever drink now
Was learning the clarinet age 18-21 but gave it up
I love to sing but have to dig deep to loose my inhibitions as I fear I am not too good
I love baths. I usually have three a week...usually with a trashy magazine and the radio on.

Had an e,ail from the new guy in MI. He is continuing to keep to non psychobabble thankfully. there is a bit of a nagging sense of inconsistency in what is is saying, but I am happy to roll with that and challenge v gently. eg he said he doesnt have any other pp which I find it hard to believe as he is an attractive guy advertising on writeaprisoner website.....I am of course happy for him to have as many pp as he can manage just want him to be honest about it, he asked me to check if his profile has been taken off the website as he says he requested it to be, of course it's still there! He then said he had lots of responses but didn't feel a connection with anyone else - yeah I will buy that....not!
I did say I was surprised he felt a connection as we don't have much in common....I only wrote to him as he shares the same name as my MO pp......he is an interesting one this Mzi chap......I am wondering about the talk of the garden and dogs and may contact the prison to see what programmes they have....I can't believe he would say such a thing and it not be true, it would be a strange thing to make up unless he is dreaming of what he would like ie garden and dog?

I am off to the Shard today then Derren Brown stage show this evening so am hoping the rain keeps off as we'll pop into the Tata Modern on the way.

Sue ,
The Following User Says Thank You to SueinLondonUK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2013, 04:24 AM

Donation Award 

Morning everyone, Still haven't written my assignment so if you don't see me around don't think I have disappeared I am just trying to get it done and in. I had a huge argument with my daughter yesterday because she is 19 and thinks she knows everything, oh and that she should live here for free Kids !!!!!

I did have a letter from my pal in FL but he will have to wait until my assignment is finished

Zoe - Did you post your letter yet ? I am sure J will love your letter and forgive you for procrastinating

Seoul - I was thinking you might get 2 letters if N knows your check had to be returned

Maya - My 8 year old son is autistic and he has had some wonderful teachers. The main thing he needs from any teacher is their ability to listen to him I bet you will enjoy next years assignment Oh and we are always looking for good teachers over here

Wats - I didn't say I played well LOL The problem with my clarinet was the reeds always needed replacing, my mum used to go mad Yes I love my hot baths too
So what s the word you cant work out

Sue - I don't drink anymore either, I gave it up about 5 or 6 years ago Oh I have been past the Shard but never been in. Whats it like ? And I have heard of Derren Brown , he is supposed to be amazing. I hope you have a great night

Actually your new pal is telling you the truth. I googled it and MO have a program called puppies for parole, it sounds brilliant

Right my granddaughters are playing with my children so I might try and have a go at this assignment

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 AM
She loves him!

Rhonda my baths are so hot that I think my headaches when I'm in there is a side effect from the heat lol
Hahahah if you read it twice it'd help so whats the sentence with the obscure word? We might be able to help you?

Lisa, I got drunk last night so no I haven't posted it.. It will have to wait until Monday now, fingers crossed. I sure hope he forgives me although if he receives lots of mail like he claims then he might not have noticed

Whatever you decide, don't let it be because you don't think you have a choice - Hannah Harrington (Saving June)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:43 AM

Hello girls
how are u?

no mail today, but i will get next week, J. is always so fast, most of the time it takes only 14 days, once only 12 days he is really a good pal

my other pal is talking over white proud, he will probably add me next weeks to corrlinks, if he can stand my letter...

B. is silent no mail since a week, on corrlinks, maybe he run out of money.

W. the sexual offender, i get a letter soon too, lets see how it work with us, he is diffrent ...

and i took my facebook account off for a while...
Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I had a huge argument with my daughter yesterday because she is 19 and thinks she knows everything, oh and that she should live here for free Kids !!!!!

Haha, I already told Thor the rules for him when he gets older. !When youre 18, Ill order a truck to get your things out...unless you study. And IF you study...half of all you earn goes ind to my pockets..

Maya - My 8 year old son is autistic and he has had some wonderful teachers. The main thing he needs from any teacher is their ability to listen to him I bet you will enjoy next years assignment Oh and we are always looking for good teachers over here

Hehe, if I should move abroad, Im not sure England would be my first choice...perhaps...hmmm Texas?

Have a great weekend everyone
And you too! Now get on with that assignment, lady!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 AM

I GOT MAIL yes i have to scream it out

My gosh its so fast with J. i send my letter out on june 18 and now i got an answer already and he will put me on his phone list and he will write me a poem one only for me because he forgot my birthday

and he wiill send my son a cartoon for his birthday

he is so sweet. He send also a few poems and a pic of him

and he said i don t have to send him stamp ( it s not allowed and he can get problems because of that ) and he wrote i don t have to send anything because the best gift i give him is my letters and my friendship

man what a sweetheart
The Following User Says Thank You to Pijo For This Useful Post:
MayaDK (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 10:27 AM

Lisa good luck with the assignment!! Hope it's not too difficult.

The word I still can't work out.... the sentence is "You know _____ every photo I get the person has a beer in their hands " and it's not my name...like "you know Rhonda..." cause I can always read my name when he writes it at the start of the letter lol so I have no idea what it is!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 AM
She loves him!

Hmmmm.. What does it look like? Lol

Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 AM

Morning!
Reporting in on yesterday
shard well worth a visit. Views were excellent. We had originally gone up in March when there was snow and we could see nothing, our photos were highly amusing, so yesterday was a complimentary one given bad view last time (we had to make a fuss to get the freebie).
Derren Brown was soooooo good. He is a master! Couldn't fault him. It was mad busy in central London last night though with gay pride event on.
off to cut down done trees in the garden of the house we rent out today, should be a laugh as we are no tree surgeons. In truth I think we will assess and realise its beyond us and book a gardener....hope it's not as humid as it was yesterday.

Got 2 letters from R in CA yesterday....the post room are messingz, he was v pleased as he had three cards from people from the card forum where I had asked if anyone would be willing to write to him as a thank you for how wonderfully supportive he has been to me due to the loss of Jeffrey last month.

Lisa - that's for finding out about puppies for parole....what a great idea. There is such an inconsistency between the conditions, opportunities etc. in US prisons. Its crazy.

Sue x
Old 06-30-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsurdamage View Post
Lisa good luck with the assignment!! Hope it's not too difficult.

The word I still can't work out.... the sentence is "You know _____ every photo I get the person has a beer in their hands " and it's not my name...like "you know Rhonda..." cause I can always read my name when he writes it at the start of the letter lol so I have no idea what it is!
Can you photo that part of the letter and we could do a deciphering game?!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Donation Award 

Dang wish the chat room was open LOL
Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 AM

Zoe it looks like this - 'luish' lol! the last three letters are definitely ISH without a doubt, the first two letters could be anything! Any ideas? lol. I'm posting my response today after a very busy birthday weekend!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 AM

Donation Award 

Morning folks , well I got my assignment finished but oh boy it was hard work

Sorry I have missed out on so much but I hope we can catch up in the July thread

Closed Thread