Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 AM

Danny,

I think user onedayatatime makes some very good points (and is clearly more knowledgeable than I am!). You remind me so much of myself at your age that it hurts to see you going through this. However it definitely is possible to change. I thought I was a lost cause, but with support and effort I managed to get myself through university and I now have a job I love. Granted, my parents were supportive of me and didnít behave as yourís have, but it sounds like you have an older brother who cares about you. My advice would be to ask him for help and take all you can get. Thatís what big broís are for. Itís certainly not inevitable that you will end up behind bars again. I donít believe thereís any excuse for locking children up in the first place anyway and putting them in isolation (as they did with you) is a completely unforgivable thing to do to a developing teen.

As for not being able to help people because you have a criminal record, what a load of rubbish! I work in the NHS developing policy for services for ex-offenders. I may not be a nurse or a doctor on the front line, but my work definitely helps people and the fact I was an ex-offender turned out to be an advantage. You just need to look at your situation from a different angle.

I think therapy is a good idea as you need to learn some control before you can move on to the bigger stuff. You canít do this until you get to the bottom of why you feel the way you do. Reading between the lines I think I can gather what may have happened to you while you were in prison, I wonít say anything further but please know that it is quite common in juvenile prisons. If you want to PM me then please do.

I donít think a therapist will make you take medication, if thatís what youíre afraid of and you only have to talk about things if you feel ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeW For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-10-2019)