Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Default Need Support - BF at 2 year drug program

My boyfriend of 10 years was just ordered to a 2 year drug rehab...we were both addicted to crack. I have been sober for 4 motns now and so ha he. i am just missing him desperately because they told me at this rehab we could not have any contact for at least 6 months..at least if he was in prison we could talk to each other. We have 2 children together and I just want to at least hear his voice to know that he is ok. If anyone knows a loved one that has gone to a long term drug rehab could you please give me some info? He just wen there this wek..Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,161 Times in 731 Posts

Congratulations on your four months of sobriety!!! That is awesome!
Being able to accomplish that shows what a strong focused person you are.

I understand just how difficult it is having your loved one away, especially in the beginning. And as hard as it is to believe it right now - it truly will get a little easier as time goes on. You will find yourself setting up a type of daily routine between work, home, kids and letter writing. Letters are just as important to us as it is to our loved ones.

Six months without visits seems like a long time - but use that time to continue to work on you and the dreams you have for yourself. Your boyfriend is in a therapeutic environment which will help him with his sober life in the free world....try to use that same thought on continuing with your sobriety. Maybe even joining a support group in your area.

And definitely know that your PTO members are here for you to cheer you on, pick you up and just lend a friendly ear!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 11-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Thank you mamajmg for your words of encouragement and inspiration. The reason we have to wait six motnths is because we are not married...even though to us we are , we have lived together for 10 years and have 2 children together.
I am going to start attending Naranon classes next week actually, we both have to focus on ourselves first and then when we do reunite we will be able to take care of us..
Thank you again!!

I don't love you because I need you, I need you because I love you~
Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
*Stargazing*
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,599 Times in 5,648 Posts

Hi and welcome to PTO!
And yes! Congrats on 4 months! It gets better, it really does! I just passed 8 months clean and sober on the 15th of this month.
Take this 6 months and focus on your reovery and your plan.
I hope you find what you need here, that is very cool you two have been together 10 years!