Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
The Future Mrs. W.L.C.

Default Did Prison Save Their Lives?

I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR LOVED ONE GOING TO PRISON ACTUALLY SAVED THEIR LIFE AND WHY DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY?

Last edited by LadyChampion; 08-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: CHANGE TITLE
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Praying and Waiting

i truly believe that...when i got the call saying he was locked up...because it put my mind to rest...at least i knew he was alive....when my man was on the streets he was living real reckless....he was putting his life on the line everytime he stepped out the door...he thought he was invincible and that he could do whatever he wanted...he only thought for the today and now...he didnt think about his future at all...he didnt even think he had a future....going to jail gave him a second chance...he had time to think and really sit and look at the path he was going down...he met some old heads in jail that really gave him some knowledge....he realized that he could do better and wanted more...he recieved his ged while he in there...and also recieve a printing and roofing trade....he has taken a keen interest in reading and he has a true hunger for knowledge which replaced his hunger for money...now our bid is over i can truly see a change in my man....prison really saved his life...he went in when he was 17 and now coming out he is 22 and ready to start over again...ready to make a change for the better

The drama will not last forever
We'll beat it as long as we're together
One day we"ll look back, we'll be like 'remember this?' and its gonna make us smile cause ine the end we stayed down
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Evans For This Useful Post:
makayla22 (08-20-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I need my baby..

Thanked 1,567 Times in 735 Posts

I do believe goin to prison saved my mans life. He realized there were real consequences to his actions..and at the time it was either prison or death.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
He's my life support
Donation Award 

I believe it saved him because he would have been dead or in prison doing a life sentence. We both know that. Prison in a weird way saved him.

Always one day closer to being with him

Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

I believe that 100% that going to prison saved my husbands life. I know for a fact that he would be dead by now. He was going down a very destructive path. Caught up in drugs and all that goes along with that. I was relieved when he got locked up cause I knew where he was at night.

The Following User Says Thank You to light at end For This Useful Post:
sixmonths (08-20-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

What a great success story. You always hear the bad stuff about prison but you very rarely hear what prison has done for me stuff. That's great that he has gotten his GED and his printing and roofing trades. That's great! My husband is also working torwards his GED. He has gotten certificates for completing a mill and cabinet course. He has also taken a college course and passed that and will be getting his certified welding certificate. Prison has changed my husband for the better. Congratulations to your man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Evans View Post
i truly believe that...when i got the call saying he was locked up...because it put my mind to rest...at least i knew he was alive....when my man was on the streets he was living real reckless....he was putting his life on the line everytime he stepped out the door...he thought he was invincible and that he could do whatever he wanted...he only thought for the today and now...he didnt think about his future at all...he didnt even think he had a future....going to jail gave him a second chance...he had time to think and really sit and look at the path he was going down...he met some old heads in jail that really gave him some knowledge....he realized that he could do better and wanted more...he recieved his ged while he in there...and also recieve a printing and roofing trade....he has taken a keen interest in reading and he has a true hunger for knowledge which replaced his hunger for money...now our bid is over i can truly see a change in my man....prison really saved his life...he went in when he was 17 and now coming out he is 22 and ready to start over again...ready to make a change for the better

Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 PM
COUNTING IT ALL JOY!!!!

I think that is an understatement, i truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and his going to jail was his wake up call, it took him awhile to accept the fact the GOD was and is in control. this time forced him to realize that he is not superman. so yes prison saved my man's life and put him on the right path.

He's HOME , AMEN

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellaswifey For This Useful Post:
Any_How (08-20-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

I am afraid to say it saved him until he gets out
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
He'll be home soon

I absolutely believe that. When my husband was out he didn't care about life. He lived for the moment and not the future. He made stupid choices without ever worrying about the consequences. Since my husband has been in he has completely changed. He has done every program he can, has gotten his GED and works hard. Today the parole board told him that 8 out of the 9 supervisors he has had has said that he is the hardest worker they have ever had. I'm very proud of my husband. He has done so well and changed his life for the better. Now he knows what could be lost if he screws up. He knows and understands the consequences for his actions and actually cares about them. Like most other women said if my husband had not gone to prison he would be dead now. I have no doubt in my mind that that is true.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great."
-Comte DeBussy-Rabutin
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Still Head Over Heels..

I believe going to prison saved my fiance's life because he was living so fast that he wasn't thinking.. He had anger and temper issues that prison has helped him overcome.. He dropped out of high school, but got his GED and SEVERAL certifications while incarcerated.. I am PROUD of my baby, and eventhough I hate that he's there- I know that it was a source of growth for him..
Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Daddy's HOME!!!
Donation Award 

Smile Yes

I will simply say...yes, this has saved my husband's life.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Anthony's Forever

I believe that him going to prison did sae his life 100%. He was so bad into the drugs he was on his way to death. As bad as his may sound i am glad in a way that he went to prison, at least this wa he got away from the drugs and has a new start at being clean that way we can have our family and our life back. He was not even close to being the same person when he was on drugs. he might not be with us but he is the man i feel in love with.... and i am glad to have him back...
Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM

He was doing the wrong thang, I mean he was only hurting himself. Prison saved his life because he can start a new. Had he not went in .............................- not a good thought a all.

Frezell
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Time to work on me.

Yes, he had always been involved with the wrong crowd, etc, but now he has me again and I'm not giving up on him. He himself said he was so glad he was taken out of that life.... so I assume it must've been pretty bad. I'm just happy he's not involved with those things anymore.... and I hope that it will stay that way once he gets out. I can't imagine getting hurt again if things don't go according to plan. All I can do is hope and have faith that all will be good.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,236 Posts

I totally feel that this experience has turned Keith's life around. He has a whole new lifestyle ahead of him. I believe he wants to change more than anything. Many people say he's just saying that since he hasn't been on the outside in awhile...But you can tell he really means it. The life he used to live didn't get him anywhere. I asked him if he was just going to go back to his old ways once he got out, and his words were, "Why would I go about my life taking more risks? I tried taking bad risks and look where I ended up." When he said that, I started putting my full trust in him that he's a changed man.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:39 AM

I also agree that going to prison saved my mans life. He was headed down a dead end road that would ultimately taken his life.
He had to do a lit of soul searching and it gave him time to sit down and self reflect on his life and the way he was living.
He has gotten his GED since being incarcerated and also has worked through anger issues.