Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:36 PM

Default first phone calls

I was wondering if anyone knows what the process is and how long it usually takes for a prisioner at Sheridan Oregon to be able to make that first phone call.He self surrendered and did have money orders for his account when he surrendered...will we have to wait until we get some kind of "acceptance form" to fill out and mail back before he can call? If so how long does that usually take? Also if he had no priors and has less than 2 years at sentencing is there any way to know if he will be at the prison or the camp?? We are really praying that he is at the camp, but he just recently surrendered so we don't know...his surrender letter didn't really indicate if it was the prison or the camp.I am totally new at this posting questions thing as well at the prison system....so thanks for your patience and your help...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2003, 09:52 PM

Hi Sage,
I'm not sure I've run accross anyone with a loved one at Sheridan. I'd call them directly to get information. Are you his wife? If not, you might consider claiming to be his sister when calling...I wouldn't encourage lying, but the DOC seems pretty symathetic to family members.
There is a DOC orientation meeting held once a month. If you go to the OR DOC web site and click "Friends and Family" you should be able to find the callender.
As for predicting which location he'll go to; it's pointless. Just wait and find out when he calls you. My dad got 30 months of minimum and self surrendered, and they sent him to freakin' Snake River!
He should be able to call you within a week. Did he call you from Coffee Creek?
PM if you need help finding info or making phone calls.
I live in WA too.
Dadsinprison
Old 08-20-2003, 10:17 PM

Hey if you need help with calls PM me and i can tell you more my loved one is at OSCI Salem and i am in cali.