Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

My husband is there and I was just visiting out there last weekend.
Its the worst BOP in the country, they are constantly going on lockdowns for fightings, stabbings etc. I hate everything about Big Sandy and can't wait for my man to transfer out.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM
coldhearted bitch

Default big sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizsqueen View Post
My husband is there and I was just visiting out there last weekend.
Its the worst BOP in the country, they are constantly going on lockdowns for fightings, stabbings etc. I hate everything about Big Sandy and can't wait for my man to transfer out.

How long is he gonna be there?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:33 AM
coldhearted bitch

Default Big sandy

He was sentence 8 years, but isnt it 18 months and then he can put in for a transfer?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Yeah its 18 months, but it has to be clean time. So if he gets a write-up then the clock goes back to the beginning. In addition to the 18 months, he also has to get his points down (I'm not sure what the points # is thats required to transfer out). My dude got a write up last year, so we had to start the whole 18 months all over again...it sucks!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 AM

my husband just arrived in big sandy from Lewisburg is it worth me even going out there due to the lock downs it would be hard to try and plan a trip. He only has 23 months left.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Are you going to fly? My suggestion to you would be to purchase your ticket with insurance on it, so that when if the prison goes on lockdown, you can call the airline and switch the departure date on your ticket. With the insurance, you won't have to pay a re-schedule fee (it's like $100).
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 AM

My husband was at USP Big Sandy, but he was transferred out to FCI Bennettsville about 10 months ago. It seems like they are on constant lockdown and it is horrible. I loved seeing my husband, but I hated the location, the drive, and the facility. I always called before making my long haul up the mountain, but that didn't stop them from locking down early one Saturday morning because of a Fog alert. Needless to say I drove 9 hours one way and he was on lockdown all weekend because of the fog. Good Luck!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 AM

Does anyone know if Big Sandy is on lockdown? I haven't heard from my husband since Wed.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,369 Times in 4,633 Posts

I have not heard they are on lockdown, but on Wednesday afternnoon, there was a fight between 2 inmates on the yard and both had injuries (though not taken for outside medical treatment) and then, later, a fight between 4 inmates on a unit - they were taken to SHU also. That's info I read posted by a C.O. I know that may not be what you want to hear... hope you get your call and he's not involved! Z.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 PM

Thanks Zelda. I called and found out he is in the SHU. My main concern is that he is not badly hurt. I guess all I can do is wait for him to write. Thank you for the information even though it is not what I want to hear. Knowing something is better than not knowing anything.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Donation Award 

The report said the four inmates who were fighting had "no injuries" and the 2 who were injured were "medically assessed" so it sounds like minor ones. Of course, your guy may be in the SHU for something else - or even as a bystander so the SIS can try to get information. There's no way of knowing. Sorry to hear he's in the SHU - that's always worrisome. Z.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Hi Zelda, I still have not heard from my husband, it has been over a week. Does it usually take this long? Doesn't he get at least one phone call? I have not received a letter or call. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

I just called up there and they are not on lockdown. Hope that helps
Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 PM

how long does it take to get mail from there? my husband says he wrote but still haven't got any mail still. also his calls i get like 1 a week
Old 07-05-2009, 02:31 PM

I get my mail pretty quick..I do know my BF mentioned they don't send it on Sat's, so he'll try to get it in before pickup on fri and then wait till monday. If he mails something on Mon, I usually get it Wed or Thurs in Maryland. He called yesturday.
I noticed your in Calif. so maybe the mail does take longer to get to you!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

For me, it takes 3 days for his mail to arrive. But what I just found out recently, I sent him some pics and although they were somewhat suggestive, nothing was showing...Anyways, apparently the mailroom decided that they were inappropriate and they didnt give him the pictures, but they also didnt send the pics back to me. So, right now, I dont know where my semi nekkid pictures are! Just something to think about....

Tolong, how have you been? I have great news...I am getting married
Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Donation Award 

Did he get a mail rejection slip regarding the photos?? If so, he should send a cop-out either appealing the decision - or requesting the photos be sent back to you. Maybe they'll show up then, either with him or with you! That would be a weird feeling - not knowing where they are!! Z.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 AM

Hey diz...a big congratulations! I see you made it up, down and around the mountains to BS..that's Big Sandy not Bull $h*t, or are they one in the same!! Did you stay at Haven of Rest when you go? When are you getting married, at the prison or is he getting out soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to tolong For This Useful Post:
dizsqueen (07-06-2009)
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Zelda--they never gave him any notification that the pictures had arrived. It has been about a month now. In the past, I have sent him books that were rejected and they gave him a rejection slip and sent the books back. However, this whole incident surrounding the pics are completely LUDACRIS to me!!! He told me that a similar situation happened to his celly; his wife sent him some pics and the mailroom held them for 2 months before he finally went to the mailroom and inquired on the photos. Thats when the mailroom staff took the photos out of a rejected bin that they have and he ripped up the pics. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Tolong--THANK YOU!!!! I have been up to BS (yes its BS for both ) 3 times and I am planning another trip in 2 weeks. I always stay at the Super 8 but this time, I am going to have to economize (aka I am broke) and stay at the Haven for $25 a night! He has another 5 years so we are jumpin the broom while he's in jail and then having another wedding when he comes home!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM

Hey diz..once you stay at Haven, your gonna ask yourself why you hadn't done it every time to save bucks. It's great to be around the other people going thru the same crap. I want to go visit..he was put in for a transfer over a month ago and he's really stressed cause a bunch of them getting transfered are ending up at three rivers in texas. Apparently thier repopulating that prison after problems. He & I have talked to his case worker about his elegible for a closer to home transfer...what's up with that. BS is 9 hrs away and 3 rivers is 26 hrs...I told him it took every ounce of energy to talk to this woman...typical beauocradite idiot!!!!! She's telling me the program statement says "closer to home 18 months from release..I'm looking right at the program statement that says "closer to home 18 months after the desigation without getting into any trouble", so I say OK, he's about 19 months to release. It was like talking to a brick wall. IDIOT!!!!
2 weddings Huh? 1 Honeymoon!!! That will be the one that counts..you go girl.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Are you serious???!!!! Please don't even tell me that. Diz 18 months of clean time is coming up in a few months at which point, he was going to put in for a transfer to get closer to home. Right now he is 18 hours away!!! We still have 5 years left on this bid. So are you telling me that when he puts in for this transfer, he might get sent FURTHER away from home???? I can't even handle that. This people are f******* idiots!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Default Trulincs

Does anyone know if Big Sandy is onboard with this trulincs system? Whats the procedures for getting enrolled etc? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 AM

Good Morn. Dis. BS IS getting trulinc's. Bill said the cable was run a few months ago and the desks are in place, so he thought they would have it by now. I'm not sure how u get your email set-up for them..I think they email you something and then you have to do something when you email back. There's a thread about it, make sure he knows your email adress..we've already made sure of that.
OK..I found out last night Bills designation is FCI Petersburg...exactly where we wanted. Diz, after 3 1/2 yrs he's gonna be 2-3 hrs away instead of on the otherside of the country in CA,NV,AZ, and BS 9 hrs and the last trip took me 12 hrs on a holiday weekend to get home. I truly think his case manager found pleasure in messing with his head and not being straight up with answeres with him or I. She made it clear she didn't like me calling, yet stayed on the phone answering questions. Yet in the long run, he got what he wanted. We had it planed that if he got designated to TX he was going to put in an admin grievance and site the program statement. Bill doesn't ruffel feathers..but this was a feather he was going to chew up and spit out!!! They only are suppose to get 1 transfer closer to home and I think they like to do it at the same time that they drop from a USP to a FCI. Also, what our concern was that she put in for security level change, NOT a closer to home 313 change and Grand Prarier would have just put him at any FCI, not nessesarily closer to home. THAT is what we could NOT get a straight answer about from his CM. She would not answer that straight up question! It wasn't a difficult question..ever see anyone dance without any rythem...well that's what it was like trying to get an answer...ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Really??? Uggghhhhhh

Congratulations!!! I know you'll be there every weekend on visits now that he's going to be 2-3 hours away! That's AWESOME!!! So in a few months, D is going to put in for the transfer closer to home because he will be eligible for his drop from USP to FCI. Hopefully, it all works out for us....That's good news with the Trulincs, I'll look up the thread and my email address is going to be in the letter I send to him tomorrow!

Zelda--D went to the mailroom today and can you believe those people had the pictures the ENTIRE TIME!!!!! I sent 21 and of those 21, 18 were acceptable and the remaining 3 they are going to send back. I wonder what would have happened to the pics if he never went to the mailroom to get them????????????
The Following User Says Thank You to dizsqueen For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (07-19-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM

OK queen, I've been refering to you as Diz..that's your dudes name..Now your the queen!
I can't believe they had those pictures and didn't notify him & just held them. Makes you wonder what other things get mailed and they never get. I never think to ask B if he got this or that after I mail it.
B really didn't want to transfer out..wanted to finish his last 19 months instead of going thru the transfer crap. Stuck in atlanta for how ever long, locked down 23hrs a day. He's got a good job at BS and will have to get back on the waiting list. Anyway, the warden said no, gotta transfer. It's like when he wanted out, NO, you gotta wait 18 months. Now he wants to just stay, Nope, you gotta go! It's like he should have started dancing, saying Can't wait to leave this hell hole..and they probably would have kept him to finish out. I think this is how psychiatry came up with reverse psychiatry...they did an intense study of the BOP...lol.