Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Just a headsup, got a letter from my brother today. He said they could be on lockdown for another few weeks! Insane!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM

Here's a link to find out info on the lockdowns..though it is a few days behind. Also read the daily reports..sometimes there's additional info.
http://www.cpl33.info/id33.html

The Following User Says Thank You to tolong For This Useful Post:
MizPablo1520 (03-28-2010)
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 PM

Hey all! I have a few quick questons:

I got another letter today from my brother and he was saying in Big Sandy they have Sirius radio, does this mean he can get one in his room? or does this mean it's out in the regular areas?

He also mentioned he is gonna buy some adidas, I guess they can wear adidas, air force ones and timbalands...I don't know if this is a good idea for him to do, am i just being naive? I mean can't other inmates steal them off of you and beat you up for them?

I want to write him just that but I don't have anything to back it up with so I probably won't but just wondering your opinions to those of you who have loved ones in Big Sandy.

Third. I don't know if you guys know this, you probably do but I accidentally included two extra stamps on the outside of teh letter...he said he can use up to two of those to mail letters out since I mailed extra so that way he doesn't have to buy them from commissary.
Just a headsup =)
Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 AM

Angry How long on lockdown.

Watup ladies,
What's up with the X-ray machine? My man said something about that to me, about him getting in trouble because he went through it and he didn't know he wasn't supposed to. Anyways, since he told me about that incident they went on lockdown. And are still on lockdown now. I believe its due to an inmate protest.Anyways, that's what the moderator said in a recent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinghim97 View Post
Hey ladies, has anyone heard from their men? My husband lost his phone and canteen for 30 days because he wouldn't go through the x-ray machine! Anyway, I have not received an email from him since Saturday. So of course I don't know if its due to a lockdown or if something is up. If anyone knows anything, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 AM

The lockdown is because of the inmate protest regarding the Body Scan machine. If anyone wants any further info, let me know, I would be more than happy to share this Valuable info that have in my posession. Washington DC is involved and other organization are involved, thus bringing heat to the institution which doesnt look good on the Warden. So he decided to lock the whole thing down and punish everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lulu0299 For This Useful Post:
cutiemix1985 (03-23-2010), MizPablo1520 (03-25-2010), Sexydollbaby (04-03-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 06:39 AM

Default inmate protest causes lockdown

Wow Lulu,
I would like all the info you have and any info on what we can do about this. My man wrote me and he doesn't have a clue that this is what it's about. He thinks it has to do with the inmates being moved around in the facility. I wrote him with a little info about what you gave me, but am afraid they'll send it back or something.
Thanks for the 411.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu0299 View Post
The lockdown is because of the inmate protest regarding the Body Scan machine. If anyone wants any further info, let me know, I would be more than happy to share this Valuable info that have in my posession. Washington DC is involved and other organization are involved, thus bringing heat to the institution which doesnt look good on the Warden. So he decided to lock the whole thing down and punish everyone.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM

THanks Lulu! I Read the email too and I wrote about it to my brother (a bit not TOO much) but don't know if they'll let him read it since they have blacked out other things I sent him. He's only been there for 3 weeks now and the entire time they've been on lockdown.

He told me they are moving everyone around (he isn't being moved but that's probably because he is new) to where they work. For example if someone cleans the library they'll be moved near the library, at least that is what the guards are telling my brother.

I'm really concerned about this place man. Big Sandy seems really crappy. Not that any prison is great but this just seems like the worst of the worst.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:28 PM

Exclamation Big Sandy OFF of Lock down?

Anyone know for sure?

I'm pretty sure they are, I received four phone calls from an unknown number (I had my phone on vibrate and didn't see until just now) and called my mom,s he said my brother tried calling my sister earlier and she heard everything and right as she went to press the button to accept the cal she got a text message and it wouldn't go through. I'm so sick, he probably thinks none of us care when that's not the case at all!

Anyway, has anyone else heard anything from their loved one?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:07 PM

CutieMix I wouldn't worry about him thinking that. They were only let out for an hour today to shower and stuff. My husband said the lines were long, and everyone was just trying to get in the shower and send a quick email or get in a phone call before getting locked in again. Tomorrow, I think it will be the same way (so make sure your phones are ready), They really only have one phone call during that time because of the time he has to wait in between phone calls. I think by Wednesday they should be completely off lockdown, but I am hoping for tomorrow because we get new minutes on th 7th and it would suck to lose all of our minutes.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 PM

Missing -

I appreciate you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH! I was getting worried that maybe they weren't off of lockdown or he was hurt and was able to call or something so you just alleviated MUCH of my tension, since he's been in Big Sandy they've been on lockdown so I've only gotten to talk to him through the mail.

Thank you SO MUCH! I too hope they get to call again tomorrow and that lockdown is done on Wednesday. WOO!!! Thank you!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM

Hello Ladies Whats the latest from Big Sandy? My man is in the SHU, so I know NOTHING except that he is still in the SHU. Has the lockdown been completley lifted?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 AM

Default Big sandy still on lockdown??

My man sent me a memorandum from the warden to "all concerned" dated April 7. This is what it says: Subject: Next Phase - Resumption of Normal Operations

In preparing to return to normal operations, beginning on Thursday, April 8, 2010, modified work call may begin to take place. Initially, some UNICOR workers will report to the factory as called followed by some Facilities details.

As work in UNICOR and Facilities is initiated, other units may be allowed to participate in recreation depending on how operations progress. Specifically, as work commences in various areas, consideration for recreation opportunities might be possible depending on various factors including the safety and security of staff and inmates.

Your continued patience and support during this effort have been helpful and positive. It remains the goal of USP Big Sandy to maintain a safe and secure environment for inmates and staff alike.

So, I assume this means they are off lock-down. But I'm tripping cuz my man talked to me on April 10th, and I haven't heard from him since. I know he has money to call me, and when I checked out the lock-down website it says it's been lifted. But still no phone calls. He's in B-2, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with where he's housed or if they are locked down again. If any of you ladies have spoke with your loved ones since April 10th, can you let me know. And Lulu, when your man is in the SHU, does he get to write or receive mail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu0299 View Post
Hello Ladies Whats the latest from Big Sandy? My man is in the SHU, so I know NOTHING except that he is still in the SHU. Has the lockdown been completley lifted?
justcurious2009 (11-27-2013)
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM

My husband has been off now for a couple of days.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Default big sandy off lockdown???

Missinghim,
have you spoke with your man on the phone since April 10th? I'm worried and wondering if everyone is unable to use the phone or did something happen to my man?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 AM

@ MizPablo-He gets my mail and I get his but it gets delayed big time. I still havent got a phone call and they still havent filed an incident report or anything as to WHY he's in the SHU although we have a good idea, but this is so unfair. I hope all is well with you.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM

MzPablo -

I wouldn't worry. Because of the way minutes work in there, only 300 a month, he is probably trying to save some up while he is busy and can. It seems a lot has changed in there.

At least that's what my brother told me he is doing, he calls for about 5 minutes every few days but he is trying to save his minutes so at the end of the month he still has some left.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Brother just called. They are still off of lockdown so everything is okay =) Commissary is a bit messed up tho he said!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:34 PM

My husband hasn't called since noon today. I wonder what's up. I thought maybe they were on lockdown again. We are having problems with the email as well. I hate not knowing what is going on.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 AM

I STILL have NOT recieved a call or Email...ALL I have recieved are delayed letters that he has written me and they dont give me an explaination of his status...basically he lets me know that he is still alive This sucks!

Does anyone have a loved one in the SHU @ Big Sandy or someone that can find out WTF is going on with inmates in the SHU? We have done SHU time before and it was nothing like this! I would get letters every few days and a phone call once a month.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:15 AM

@lulu, I know what you are going through. I can see if I can find anything out. Unfortunaetly, I have no idea what is going on now because he never called yesterday and hasn't called yet this morning. He always calls before we go to sleep and in the morning so now I have no idea what is going on. If someone gets any information please let me know.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM

I'm sorry I don't know what the SHU is. =(

I wish I had more info for you all. I did get an email from Corrlinks today asking me to confirm that I wanted to receive emails so I think email is still okay.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM

Are people still getting calls? I think my husband was moved to Unit C. I received a call from him yesterday morning, but haven't heard from him since. He calls every morning and every night, but nothing since yesterday. I called Big Sandy but they said all phones were working but I know something has to be up because I haven't gotten an email or phone call.
The Following User Says Thank You to missinghim97 For This Useful Post:
brandonsgirlie (11-12-2010)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 PM

My brother just called my mom about a half hour ago so I think all phones are working.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:56 PM

@Cutiemix- SHU stands for Segregation Housing Unit or the Hole
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 AM

Yeah, I finally got a letter from my man, but thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiemix1985 View Post
My brother just called my mom about a half hour ago so I think all phones are working.