Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNS View Post
My husband is at FCI Petersburg and is about to be transfered to Manchester Camp. Could you please give me some info so I can let him know alittle about the place. Thank you so much!!
Hi, HNS! My fiance is at the camp right now. Usually, things are pretty relaxed there. There are no fences around the camp, but there are clear boundary lines that cannot be crossed. The guys all have access to a type of email there and have 300 minutes for phone calls every month. Visitation is on a point system where the guys get 8 points a month to use. Fridays "cost" 1 point, but Saturdays and Sundays "cost" 2 points each. Federal holidays are "free" days. I'm sure I'm just touching on some of the basics...let me know if you have more detailed questions. This is my first (and last!) time with this whole experience, so I'll try to help with whatever I can!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Hi, just had first visit with my son, went very well. Had his 6 yr old with me and they let him sit on his lap the whole visit. Seems like a nice enough place. We only got to visit on Saturday because when we showed up Sunday they were on lock down for a week or so. My son later told me there was a stabbing after we left Saturday. He says they don't have many fights but it sure sucks to drive 4 hrs pay for a motel and then not get to visit. But hoping it will be better next time! LOL Anyone know of a good place to stay in London, where we stayed it was $75. a night. would love to find something cheaper but still decent. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM

So insightful! Thank you! Just got the call today that my fiance is going to Manchester, not sure if it's FCI or camp. Hopefully he can self surrender up there instead of here in Miami because I haven't heard good reviews on the flights. How much money should he take with him and in what form is best? I have so many questions but I don't even know where to begin!! I know this will be a learning process and I'm thankful for all the advice!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaluv View Post
So insightful! Thank you! Just got the call today that my fiance is going to Manchester, not sure if it's FCI or camp. Hopefully he can self surrender up there instead of here in Miami because I haven't heard good reviews on the flights. How much money should he take with him and in what form is best? I have so many questions but I don't even know where to begin!! I know this will be a learning process and I'm thankful for all the advice!

Hello there! My name is Brandi. I will be glad to help! When will you kow if he is going to the camp or the FCI? It is pretty laid back at both, I was just wondering.

I am not sure about actually taking money with him, but once he has his register number (and he is there), you can either send him money via western union at https://www.inmateservices.westernun...xtSecurePage=Y

which he will get in a matter of a few minutes to a couple of hours, or you can mail a POSTAL money order (bought at the post office, not at a bank) to the drop box in IA, which takes a few days.
  • Federal Bureau of Prisons
    Insert Valid Committed Inmate Name
    Insert Inmate Eight-Digit Register Number

Post Office Box 474701
    Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
Personal contact information removed per PTO policy. Please send a PM to member., and I will be more than happy to answer your questions. I do work during the day, so it may take me a little while to respond, but I will respond.
  • It is a tough ride, but a strong will and a good support group will get you through! Next week will mark 3 years for me, and we only dated for 5 months before he left... But... we only have 104 days to go!!! :drool :
  • Great to have you here!!!

Last edited by MiniMoose; 03-09-2012 at 05:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to his_ladybug For This Useful Post:
peabody131 (06-16-2012)
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 AM

Hello ALL... I am new to PTO. My boyfriend has been locked up since November 2009 and at manchester camp since January 2011. I just had my first visit with him on March 16th since September. 6 months with no visit when I was used to going once a month but when I did go it was just one day as I work 2 jobs and a single mom and it's a 6 hour drive one way ugggh. He tells me he understands but I still feel verrrrrry guilty that I don't visit more. But with the price of gas and hotel and everything being a single mom working two jobs it's tough. Luckily I do work for a hotel part time so I do get a little bit of a break on hotel rates but does anyone else feel guilty or bad when they don't get to visit like they want or the way they are used to. I had some health issues and had to have a medical procedure done which stopped me from going for a while. Sorry to vent but didn't know where else to do it. My friends don't understand why I wait for him. We had been on and off for almost 12 years and were working on getting back together when he got locked up sometimes I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. But he's my bestfriend and I love him with all my heart he keeps me in check. He's already asking when I'm coming back next and I hate that I can't give him a definate answer. Once again sorry to vent just needed to get that out there. Have a wonderful day everyone.

My Life Is NOT Complete Without HIM...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,200 Times in 2,543 Posts

Stronglove,

I do not get to visit my LO very often either (18 hour drive one way). It's an awful feeling. I've visited twice in the last year. I wish I could go all of the time. The cost is huge as well when you factor in hotel, meals (even cheap ones) not to mention wear and tear on your body.

We live for CorrLinks and our weekly phone calls. It's not much but it's all we have between visits and I cherish them. My LO doesn't ask when I'm coming to visit. He knows how hard it is to get there. I am saving for another trip but it won't be until sometime this summer. Just let him know it's not that you don't want to visit but the cost, distance, etc. He'll get it. You have to survive out here hon.

Big hugs.

MM
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 PM

Thanks, He understand about the cost and all just wants to see me as much as I want to see him it just sucks but it just puts a big guilt trip on me. I just can't wait for all this to get over with. Glad to know i'm not in this alone

The Following User Says Thank You to stronglove76 For This Useful Post:
MiniMoose (03-27-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 PM

So excited I'm planning to go visit my loving boyfriend on Friday April 20th I can't wait

Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 PM

Default Over 4 ppl visiting at a time

Hey there,

My husband is at Manchester camp and I'm planning my first visit which is a 6 hour drive this Friday night. I'm a little worried because we are a family of 5 and a baby and I think at the camp they only allow up to 4 at a time so trying to get him to find out if we split up can he have 2 sets of people visit in one day. Having him get info for us is like pulling teeth by the way. Don't know why he can't just go to counselor and ask. Not sure how accessible they are to info inside there either. From what I've read visitation can be intense as far as rules go. How have your visitation experiences been at the camp specifically?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM

HI I am new to the site but just got designated to FCI MANCHESTER and wanted to knwo anything about it.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Fci manchester camp

Can anyone tell me anything about the camp? Food, cubicles. anything? I jst got designated and I am very anxious

Thanks All.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:59 AM

My fiancé is in Knox b at Manchester . He stuck with telling me it wasnt bad for awhile an said that the food was accuttly pretty good ! "he will eat anything " he was in county for a year before he got sentenced . He says there really strict and on lock Down from 3 to like 5 or somthin everyday . I'm not sure. But he has two celly's . He says there's. Of alot of fights and they get movies once a week . He got a job landscaping a d says there getting mp3 . We also love CorrLinks ! Visitation was hard for me to get but I finnally went last weekend and they watch u like a hawk and he can get I trouble for lifting his arm in stupid way . He said he has a huge rule book! Ok I wish more people would post about Manchester here it seems like there is a to. Of info on e every other prison!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Hey Everyone..Im new to PTO but not the system. I am planning to visit my love at Manchester FCI and just wanted to know if anyone has recently been there..need to know rules, etc. and also what good hotels are in the area. So far, I've only been able to find some that are in London, which is fine, but I just wanted to make sure. I am traveling a bit of a distance being Im coming from NC and its about a 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive. Any pointers that you may have PLEASE let me know!! I'm planning to visit in about 2 weeks....Thanks!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaluv View Post
Hey there,

My husband is at Manchester camp and I'm planning my first visit which is a 6 hour drive this Friday night. I'm a little worried because we are a family of 5 and a baby and I think at the camp they only allow up to 4 at a time so trying to get him to find out if we split up can he have 2 sets of people visit in one day. Having him get info for us is like pulling teeth by the way. Don't know why he can't just go to counselor and ask. Not sure how accessible they are to info inside there either. From what I've read visitation can be intense as far as rules go. How have your visitation experiences been at the camp specifically?

Hey Pandaluv,

I was just wondering how your visit went at the Manchester FCI?? Im planning to visit there in 2 weeks and Im traveling about 6 1/2 to 7 hours to get there..Can you let me know what are some good hotels and also about some of the rules there?? My friend is coming home sometime in October or November..this is my first time up at Manchester..he's been there a few years....any tips you may have, I sure would gladly appreciate it...Thanks!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:22 PM

Default Manchester KY FCI Prison

Does anyone have a loved one at this prison? I am hoping for someones help to find out information on my boyfriend. I havent talked to him in a week. I believe he is on lockdown and before he was placed on lockdown I know he didnt have stamps to write me. Can anyone help? Send a private message and I will give my number. I am still new to the site so if I can get any help I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Default Fci manchester visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_Cee7 View Post
Hey Pandaluv,

I was just wondering how your visit went at the Manchester FCI?? Im planning to visit there in 2 weeks and Im traveling about 6 1/2 to 7 hours to get there..Can you let me know what are some good hotels and also about some of the rules there?? My friend is coming home sometime in October or November..this is my first time up at Manchester..he's been there a few years....any tips you may have, I sure would gladly appreciate it...Thanks!!!
Hi Kay_Cee
I know you visited sometime back in June, not sure if you've been back since, but was wanting to know how everything went, and if you could provide any insight on policy and procedure as I will be visiting soon. Thanks

Last edited by Igothisback; 09-27-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Default Is Manchester FCI is on lock down?

i need to know if manchester fci in locked down asap plz
Old 10-26-2012, 09:53 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,023 Times in 14,338 Posts

I've moved your thread to the Federal Prison System sub-forum for that facility

Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 AM

Default Manchester, KY

Hello I will be serving at least a year at the low security camp in Manchester, KY soon. Any info about what i can expect when I get there until when I leave this location would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 AM

Default mancheter ky

hi my bf is in manchester.he says it is the best prison he's been to so far.they are very laid back.not alot of lockdowns.and the food is not that bad.if u want want to ask a certain question just ask and i will ask him.he calls twice a day and we email all day.
fbopnomore (11-12-2012), MiniMoose (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 AM

Thank you for the quick response the main things i am interested in is the living quarters,e-mail access and just the pros and cons he sees.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,200 Times in 2,543 Posts

Since we have a sticky dedicated to Manchester, I'm going to move this thread there.

MM
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Default New to Manchester Camp

Hello,

My ex husband is reporting to Manchester Camp today. As you all can imagine the emotions I feel and the hard time our daughter is going through. He was sentenced for 20 months. There does not seem to be much information on Manchester anywhere. We are in Indiana-4 hours away so this journey will be challenging as well. Does anyone on here still have loved ones there? Any advice on phone calls-what to use? How long will it be before he can call, write or we can visit?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 PM

Default Husband thinking of requesting Manchester KY Camp. Need info please.

My husband is thinking of requesting Manchester ky camp and wanted me to see if I could find someone who could tell us information about it. Please and thanks!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:09 AM

My fiance is considering putting in to be transferred to Manchester FCI and was looking for more information about it.. He's currently in McDowell and omg it is HORRIBLE there! We're hoping he can get closer to him so I can bring our kids to see him more because as of now they've only saw him twice in 2 years any information would be appreciated