Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr_fields View Post
That is incredible news. I'm so happy to hear that! So, he'll definitely be home this year. Yay!!!!!

The continuing health issues are very frustrating. It's hard to comprehend why they won't do more to help resolve that issue. Have they done any real testing or tried any other meds besides the anti-fungal cream?
They did some blood work this summer when the first sore showed up on his ankle (it is still there), but they never told him the results of the tests. He has been on MULTIPLE rounds of anti-biotics, and steroids... they all start to help, then once the dosages are up, it comes back... and they change again... It's a huge mess, and since we are not married, my hands are tied. Plus, he would absolutely KILL me if I called there and complained... He is going back to medical tomorrow... so we will see what they say... again...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 05:59 PM

I am thrilled for you!!!!! It is so good for some one to get good news on here! I hope he gets better.
The Following User Says Thank You to JenaG For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaG View Post
I am thrilled for you!!!!! It is so good for some one to get good news on here! I hope he gets better.

Well, he finally got to see the actual doctor today! It's about time! They gave him a shot of Kenalog, a shot of Benadryl, and they are giving him a cream either tomorrow or Wednesday. They also put him on Prednisone and Cephalexin... Ya think that is enough? But at least they finally did something! I am guessing his "appearance" on Saturday at visit was enought to finally open their eyes... I mean, he was seen in public with something that they were not treating properly... works for me! I am waiting for him to call to see what they said they were treating... I will keep you all posted!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM

Hey was just wondering how you can email you loved ones...My husband is in FCI in Manchester and he was telling me about it but was not sure how I get on to do it...Any info would be great thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to mmstarnes For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstarnes View Post
Hey was just wondering how you can email you loved ones...My husband is in FCI in Manchester and he was telling me about it but was not sure how I get on to do it...Any info would be great thanks in advance

Hey there, and welcome! I sent you a reply to the private message you sent me... I hope it helps!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 AM

This month marks one year that I have been on PTO. A LOT has happened with all of us, some good, some bad... ever wonder where you would be if you didn't "need" PTO?

Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Default FaceBook

Hey all... I just added a FCI Manchester Friends page on FB... if you want to join, let me know... I am not totally sure how it is going to work out... but we will give it a try!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...753136593&ap=1

Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 PM

Default New to Manchester

Hi everyone! I am new to this website and my husband is going to Manchester Camp mon 2/28. We are very scared and don't know what to expect. I have tried reading the orientation manual but I am still very unsure of what he can bring, how he will be able to call/write/email me, do we need to take money for him????? He will be 10 hours away from us for the next year and the staff were not helpful when we called with questions. Any help or suggestions on how to make this transition easier would be appreciated.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMomForNow View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to this website and my husband is going to Manchester Camp mon 2/28. We are very scared and don't know what to expect. I have tried reading the orientation manual but I am still very unsure of what he can bring, how he will be able to call/write/email me, do we need to take money for him????? He will be 10 hours away from us for the next year and the staff were not helpful when we called with questions. Any help or suggestions on how to make this transition easier would be appreciated.

Hi there! I'm Brandi! First off.. relax... this is easier said than done, I know! But we are all here to help, and to support each other!

First, Manchester, so I have heard, is one of the most laid back places they can go. My sweetie has been in plenty., so he sould know! (All before I met him... ) LOL Anyway... They can only come in with what they have on. Send him in white tennis shoes, and he should be able to keep them. My man wore in about 3 pairs of boxers, and 5 undershirts... so.. Don't send money with him. You will need to have his inmate number, and you can either send a certified money order (get these at the post office) to the lock box in IA (this takes forever, but I can get you the address if you need it), or you can send it by Western Union by going to this site: https://www.inmateservices.westernun...xtSecurePage=Y

You will have to create an account, and there is a small fee for the amounts you send, but they get it in like two hours. He will need money as soon as you can send it to get some of the things (bathroom stuff) that he will need.

Calling, writing , emailing... ok.. Calls, this will take some time to get set up. Your number has to be on his approved list, and they will have to set it up. I don't remember how long that takes, but I am thinking they do it after their orientation.. so about 5 days or so. Emailing is probably about the same. He will need money for this too... Calls - there are some companies that you can get set up with to make these cheaper, but I haven't used them... But he will have to have money on his account to call. Email is $0.05/min to read and to write. So.. more money there... but it isn't as bad as it sounds. Writing.. he can do that as soon as he gets money on his account so that he can go to commisarry to get paper, and envelopes.

Yeah, there is a lot of money involved, but they all have to get jobs in there, and will make a little, VERY little, but it helps.

I hope this helps! There are a couple girls in this thread with guys at the camp, so hopefully they will help you out too. Mine is actually at theFCI, but they are about the same as far as money and stuff goes.

You can get me on here, but I am on FaceBook the most. I have set up a FCI Manchester Friends page there... so come on over!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...753136593&ap=1

The Following User Says Thank You to his_ladybug For This Useful Post:
SingleMomForNow (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it. We will be leaving later today for the 10 hr trek to KY. I will check back in when I get back probablly on Tuesday. I appreciate the invite to FB but I actually have some coworkers on my facebook that are not aware of my situation so I would rather keep everything here. Thanks again for the advice and support.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it. We will be leaving later today for the 10 hr trek to KY. I will check back in when I get back probablly on Tuesday. I appreciate the invite to FB but I actually have some coworkers on my facebook that are not aware of my situation so I would rather keep everything here. Thanks again for the advice and support.

No problem! I understand about the FB thing. It is a closed group, and I don't think anyone can see the posts on there except those that are actually in it. I was telling him about it today, and he asked me why it was a "closed" group... I told him for exactly this situation. But, if I were you, I wouldn't join it until I can verify that no one else can see it.. I will let you know when I find out.

Can I ask how long he has? YOu don't have to tell me, I was just curious. MIne is actually camp eligible this year, but is choosing not to go since we are so short on time now.

Let us know when you get back! Everything will be fine, and if it isn't.. we all need to vent, and we are here to listen!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM

We are on our way now. We will probablly drive halfway tonight. Anyway, my husband was sentenced to 16 months initially but he got some sort of credit and should be closer to 12 months. In your experience how much time off do they get for good behavior. I am praying it as not a long as we think! We have a 4 yr old and I really need him home for her. But whatever it is, we will make it!! One day at a time!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
We are on our way now. We will probablly drive halfway tonight. Anyway, my husband was sentenced to 16 months initially but he got some sort of credit and should be closer to 12 months. In your experience how much time off do they get for good behavior. I am praying it as not a long as we think! We have a 4 yr old and I really need him home for her. But whatever it is, we will make it!! One day at a time!

From what I understand.. and PLEASE.. if anyone on here knows different, please correct me... but I think they automatically get some percentage of good time (not sure what that is), but that is the max. They don't add any "time off for good behavior" like they used to. There are bills going to congress to try to re-instate it, but has been wrought with failure. Anyway... if they get into trouble (catch a shot) and get sent to segregation (the hole), they will, most times, lose 28 days. There is no way to get those days back. That is another thing the bills are trying to fix, cause everyone messes up once in a while, and they need a chance to fix it. Check out FedCure.com.... It has some good stuff on there.

One day at a time is the best way to look at things. What we do, is we find milestones and count down to them. Phone call days, (we have a schedule.. but that is just us), and sporting events.. .we are big sport fans.. . right now, we are counting down NASCAR races till he comes home... It is just the way we deal with it.. and it has helped at least make time FEEL like it is moving faster! We count down to visits with just us, and visits with the kds. Kids' birthdays, holidays.. whatever... it just works for us!

Oh, I found out that no one can see any posts from the FB page, or even tell that you are a member of that group. I posted on it, then logged on to his page, and nothing showed up. I went to my page from his account, and couldn't see anything about it either. Anyway, it is your choice. I am subscribed to this thread, and if you post on my page, or send me messages, I get email alerts for those too. It's all good!

I have made a few really good friends on here... some that I talk to on a daily basis... I try to keep in touch with everyone, but if I miss something, I will get it eventually! I am a single mom with 3 kids, go to school full time, and I work full time.. plus dealing with all his mess... so, I do the best that I can!

I am glad you found us! We are a good group of people, and NO DRAMA! LOL

Have a safe trip! I am here now, and the weather is BEAUTIFUL!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 AM

We are home, got back about 10 PM last night. It was so hard coming home without him. I didn't realize how hard it would be. It just doesn't seem right... All his stuff is here like it was when he left and I feel like he should be walking through the door any minute. I fell asleep with one of his shirts last night that still smelled like him. We have only been apart overnight a few times and we always called to tell each other good night. I wanted sooo badly to call him. He did get to call me this morning and it was sooo good to here his voice!!! He seems to be settling in OK and says he has met some good people. I was so glad he was OK I felt tons better just knowing that. Now I guess the countdown is on until he comes home. Does anyone know anything about how these "furlows" work. I have been reading a lot of stuff and I was trying to figure out in what circumstances they allow "furlows.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 AM

I am glad you made it home and especially that he was able to call already!! That is great!
My sweetie never lived with me, but I moved him in right after he got locked up. . I sleep with his shirt and even put some of his cologne on my bed. I figured he would thnk I was crazy... But he loves it.

I don't know anything about furloughs since he is in the FCI. They don't hget them. My suggestion would be to have him ask his counselor.

Keep your head up! It won't be long now!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM

It is my understanding they rarely give furloughs...that is what my son said...I asked him to see if he might get one during christmas this year...two months before he is scheduled to be home..that's what they told him. More then likely just to much trouble for them
The Following User Says Thank You to JenaG For This Useful Post:
his_ladybug (03-03-2011)
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Hello All-

Just trying to get used to how this site works.. My brother will be located to Manchester, KY soon, can you please just some info on how it is there..what are the conditions like, programs he can get involved it, any actiivites.. I see many of the posts are from a few years ago, would like some updated info if possible.

As long as he is safe, can get involved in activitiesto make the time go by faster, I am ok and happy until he gets home!!!

Thanks so much!
K-
Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM

Hello everyone...
Haven't been on in a while hope everyone is doing well!!
I just wanted to share thy my hubby told me yesterday that the camp is on lockdown b/c someone skipped. I don't know how these things work but I would assume it would effect the FPC and the FCI.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone...
Haven't been on in a while hope everyone is doing well!!
I just wanted to share thy my hubby told me yesterday that the camp is on lockdown b/c someone skipped. I don't know how these things work but I would assume it would effect the FPC and the FCI.

You would think that it worked that way, but it seems like everything is ok at the FCI. Actually, Scott hasn't even mentioned anything about the camp being locked down. It may just be affecting the camp right now... Hopefully it will be over soon for them.

Thanks for letting everyone know though! It's best that we keep everyone posted when things like this happen... )

Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Default CorrLinks

Hey all! Scott told me today that CorrLinks will be down tomorrow morning. Not sure if this affects the Camp and the FCI, but I am pretty sure it would affect both.

Just wanted to let you all know! Have a good evening!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Default FaceBook

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that our FaceBook page is up and running. The group is set up as "Closed", so no one can tell that you are a member, nor can they see what is posted on it, even if you post it! I did this because people want their privacy! Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...753136593&ap=1

Just request to join and I will accept it!

Hugs all!

The Following User Says Thank You to his_ladybug For This Useful Post:
LongOverdue (03-15-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 05:24 PM

my son is at the camp in Manchester...Hes opinion is a little biased since he had been sent to Texas first, but from what I can tell so far it is not bad. He thinks the food is better than what he had in Texas...he said the guards are more laid back....They have email...I am not to sure about the programs...He said they have less then what they had in Texas...They have weights. He seems to be satisfied there.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:29 PM

there is a Manchester thread on here under other federal prisons....one of the women has started a group on face book. The other women may be able to tell you a lot more then I can.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to PTO so I would love to hear from some of you with loved ones at the Manchester, KY federal prison...I have a really close friend that is currently there. He's been there for about 4 years now, with one more to go. I am planning on visiting there soon but I wanted to know for those of you that have visited, what are some good hotels in the area...It's about a 7 hour drive for me, so I was planning to stay for the weekend...And also how are the visitations? Dress codes? Can I visit both on Saturday and Sunday or is it just one day??

Hit me up with whatever help you can give me!!!! Thanks!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongOverdue View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm new to PTO so I would love to hear from some of you with loved ones at the Manchester, KY federal prison...I have a really close friend that is currently there. He's been there for about 4 years now, with one more to go. I am planning on visiting there soon but I wanted to know for those of you that have visited, what are some good hotels in the area...It's about a 7 hour drive for me, so I was planning to stay for the weekend...And also how are the visitations? Dress codes? Can I visit both on Saturday and Sunday or is it just one day??

Hit me up with whatever help you can give me!!!! Thanks!!!!
Hello! Its great to have you here! I am at a business dinner right now, but will send you a better response later!