Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:27 AM
baby sister

Talking FCI--Manchester

any one on here know anything about the facility in manchester,ky. and what is your opinion and if anyone has had any experince with federal prison consulants and results. thank you for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby sister
any one on here know anything about the facility in manchester,ky. and what is your opinion and if anyone has had any experince with federal prison consulants and results. thank you for any feedback.
Baby sister, there are 2 levels at Manchester, medium and then the satellite camp. My hubby is at the camp. Let me know if he is there and I can give you lots of info. Even if he is at the medium, I can still give you tips on where to stay. Just let me know.

I just read your other post and I am so sorry for what your brother is going through. If he is in the medium facility there are several people on here who have people there and at least one member who was an inmate there. If he doesn't see this post, I'll PM him and see if he can help you. Hang tough. He will get settled in and things will get better for him.

Last edited by Inhousecounsel; 03-11-2007 at 10:39 AM..
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 AM
baby sister

thank you. my brother was beaten at manchester and I was just wondering if this facility has alot of inmates being beaten. The story that is behind this would make you cry and the one that right now he is living because of it.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby sister
thank you. my brother was beaten at manchester and I was just wondering if this facility has alot of inmates being beaten. The story that is behind this would make you cry and the one that right now he is living because of it.
I'm sorry, I didn't understand your situation right. I thought he was getting ready to go there when he got better medically. I think a lot of times when they get in a fight, even if it is totally not their fault, both parties get shipped out to another facility to make sure that there is not any on going feud, friends getting involved etc. I've don't remember hearing about any bad fights there. The guards do a rotation and the same ones that are work at the camp rotate out and go to the medium every few months. Some of the men in the camp also go to the medium to work I believe. When did this happen? I'm going to do a search and see if I can find folks on here that are at the medium now. Regardless, I'm so sorry about your brother, this has got to be so hard on your family. I hope you can come here and get the support you need.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 AM

Baby sister~ I moved your post to the Federal Forum because I believe you will get more answers here. Sorry to hear of your incident. Good Luck with everything and Welcome to PTO.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

I'm sorry to hear about that also! In my 18+ months at the medium there, fights that serious were uncommon. The worse I remember resulted in a week long lock-down. I will send you a PM and hope I can help, and thanks to Inhousecounsel to pointing this out to me.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

My Brother wants me to find out about Manchester camp. He is going up for review in a few months, Wants me to find a good camp. I don't no about manchester. Anyone care to pm me about it?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boflipflops36
My Brother wants me to find out about Manchester camp. He is going up for review in a few months, Wants me to find a good camp. I don't no about manchester. Anyone care to pm me about it?
My hubby is there and he says it is terrible. It is the only place he has been so he doesn't have a basis for comparision, but the other men who have been in the system for many years tell him it is one of the worst places they have been. Very few programs or education, terrible food (worse than others) and bad staff. He would not recommend it. I will answer specific question if I can by PM, but I wanted to say this on the board in case others need it in the future. Manchester is not a good choice from what I hear.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 AM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

Thanks Inhousecounsel. I will tell him not to put in for that one.
He is in Ohio and was suppose to go to Lexington to the medical. But as we all no they don't always go to where it was asked, He is going to try to get to a camp closer to Tenn. If any suggestion I am open to listen. He goes up for review next month
Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Got Love

Default Anybody have a loved one in FCI Manchester Kentucky?

My boyfriend is at the FCI in Manchester and I've read as much as I can about it on the web. I just thought maybe someone else might have a loved one there. I could use someone to talk to.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 AM
DANA'S HOME

Tara & Kiylon

Sorry... i personally dont know anyone there . But please fell free the stop in at the Bluegrass Cafe in the Kentucky forum we'd be happy to talk to you there and maybe you can find some info there as well. Please feel free to join ..ITS FREE !!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:19 PM

Default i have

a friend in FCI Manchester

Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,088 Times in 567 Posts

This is a federal facility and the federal prisons have their own forum. I am moving it to the federal forum. Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM

My son is in FCI Manchester Kentucky. I have visited him there 3 times. I found the gaurds / staff were restrictive but good to get along with. He speaks well of the other inmates and shows some real respect for them.

Most guys there are non-violent drug offenders who have spent many years in higher security prisons before working their way down to low security. Many are in for medicade fraud - something to do with selling unapproved medications said to cure illnesses, and collecting Federal money as payment. A few of the older men are there for while collar crimes of sliding money into their own accounts in their professional work.

My son says the furnature all appears to be milatary surplus issue, the food is better than Navy boot camp and the barber gives a terrible hair cut. There is plenty of room for sports, walking and recreation in general. There does not appear to be even a fense around the place. You could take a walk up the hill and just keep on walking home, but you sure would regret it when they hauled you back in and gave a real prison for several extra years.

The setting is actually very pleasant with tree clad hill sides. The visiting area is nice with lots of family members visiting the men there. While everyone has a job to do, the work is not hard and does not take too long, leaving you with a lot of free time. While certianly not a resort, it really is not that bad a place to be. The major down side is boredom. Send your boy friend lots of letters. Copy some of the good advise off of this site and send it out too him.

Remember "This too shall pass!"

ManchesterDad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManchesterDad For This Useful Post:
hiswomanhiswife (04-18-2013), Me and Daddy (03-09-2010), Mrs. Justus (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Default Thank you for your kind words

My boyfriend is in Manchester and I live in Alaska so I don't get to see him as much as I would like. Like your son, my boyfriend tells me that he has a great repsect for the other inmates. He holds bible study for anybody who wants to come and talks alot about the classes,education opurtunities, and ALOT about the weight "pile."

I'll be visiting him this summer. Do you have a reccomendation on a hotel in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchesterDad View Post
My son is in FCI Manchester Kentucky. I have visited him there 3 times. I found the gaurds / staff were restrictive but good to get along with. He speaks well of the other inmates and shows some real respect for them.

Most guys there are non-violent drug offenders who have spent many years in higher security prisons before working their way down to low security. Many are in for medicade fraud - something to do with selling unapproved medications said to cure illnesses, and collecting Federal money as payment. A few of the older men are there for while collar crimes of sliding money into their own accounts in their professional work.

My son says the furnature all appears to be milatary surplus issue, the food is better than Navy boot camp and the barber gives a terrible hair cut. There is plenty of room for sports, walking and recreation in general. There does not appear to be even a fense around the place. You could take a walk up the hill and just keep on walking home, but you sure would regret it when they hauled you back in and gave a real prison for several extra years.

The setting is actually very pleasant with tree clad hill sides. The visiting area is nice with lots of family members visiting the men there. While everyone has a job to do, the work is not hard and does not take too long, leaving you with a lot of free time. While certianly not a resort, it really is not that bad a place to be. The major down side is boredom. Send your boy friend lots of letters. Copy some of the good advise off of this site and send it out too him.

Remember "This too shall pass!"

ManchesterDad
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Default i am the daughter of a FCI Manchester Kentucky prisoner

i wanted to see if someone could inform me on what kind of things we're allowed to send the prisoner besides letters. from past letters i have realized that my dad is often bored with nothing to do and this makes him think about things too much. it concerns me. what things can we send them? books? magazines? crossword puzzle books? pencils? paper? or anything? Please help and let me know.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Tara and Kiylon,
Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 PM

My boyfriend is at FCI Manchester. I have tried to visit him but my visitation is being denied so I haven't seem him in 7months. He has told me the prison is not the worst he has been in. He told me that he has a pillow, and carpet. Now he's working and we're dealing with it. If you need to talk I would like to talk to someone who has seen the inside. I'm not an expert dealing with the prison system but I can listen.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM

My husband just self surrendered to the Manchester camp 1/22. Once inside they discovered that a co-defendant was in the same place and have him in the special housing unit pending transfer. I have not heard from him. I can't tell you what it is like on the inside but the people have been kind for the most part with the exception of one who was downright rude. No one will tell me anything. I know it has only been a week but it seems like a life time. Hopefully he will be sent closer to Atlanta.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:51 PM
i luv u pio

Default my boyfriend is in manchester

hey tara/kaiylon.

my boyfriend has been there for a few months I havent seen him since August, its really hard, sometimes i feel like no one understands my concerns and the way I feel... Talking and writing to him helps a lot
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Jesse's Girl

Default Manchester FPC

My husband has been at Manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when I visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and I have told here daddy is at work, because I dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and I have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay I think I have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, I can probably answer them.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 AM

Default Visiting Manchester

Jesses Girl,
It's good to hear that Manchester staff are nice to family who visit. I am planning on visiting my boyfriend this summer. I'm flying down from Alaska and am hoping that you might be able to recomend a hotel or B&B that's not too expensive.
My boyfriend has been in Manchester Camp for a few years now and he seems to be very busy between bible study, work, and lifiting weights. he tells me that the camp is like a college campus and it's been really nice since they got email. I get to talk to him every other day sometimes and that alone makes it feel like he's a little closer to coming home.

My question is how do you deal with him being gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2007 View Post
My husband has been at Manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when I visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and I have told here daddy is at work, because I dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and I have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay I think I have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, I can probably answer them.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl2007 View Post
my husband has been at manchester camp for almost a year. I have founf the gusards have been great, and he likes where he is. He gets to go out in the commnity and work, and they have other stuff for them to do. I like that when i visit the facility with my daughter, it doesnt feel like or look like we are in a prison. My daughter is 2 and i have told here daddy is at work, because i dont think it is right to tell her at such a young age. But any memories she may have will just be of a gray building.
He has told me that there is not a lot of violence there and the guards are really nice. I like the fact that there are no metal detectors to go thru to ake my daughter feel wierd about visiting daddy. So all in all, it is not a bad place to visit as far as prisons go, and i have been in a few different ones with other friends and relatives. Okay i think i have babbled enough already about it, but if you have any questions, i can probably answer them.

i would love to hear from you anytime. We will start our visits to the camp in feb.2011
my youngest son is coming to manchester camp from yazoo city,ms.low
i know the low is suppose to be alot better for the prisoner. I sure hope so. We have less than 2 years before he will be home with us.
Do they all get to go out to work? Can they further their education while there? I have so many questions i could worry you to much. I will try to slow down but not knowing is tough. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM

hi
Mii name ukayla
My dad just starting going there and i really dont kno nothing about it.
But you said dont nobody kno how you feel i do...
I kno how it feel...its just me and mii daddy us agaisnt the world....
i miss my dad like crazy.....but im here if u need a friend
Old 08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
La La

My husband was just recently moved to FCI Manchester from FCI Beckley and he said so far it is way better than Beckley. The food, the guards, and he said they even get a weight room ! I haven't went to visit yet it's like 1,200 miles from me but hopefully I will soon ! I don't know much about that place yet wish I could help more .