Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:45 AM

Default Are black jeans permitted at Shutter Creek Correctional visitation?

Hi all I am new to this site and new to visiting. My question is when visiting shutter creek can you wear black jeans? I know that blue is out of the question. I am flying into Oregon from NH to visit my man we started as pen pals and now I found my soulmate. This is our first time meeting in person and I want to find out as much as I can about clothing , jewelry etc. So any advice will help.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 07:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,852 Times in 16,513 Posts

I can't answer your question about black jeans, but I do want to welcome you to PTO

Word of advice: Always take a change of clothes when you go to visit so you can change clothes if need be I'd rather change clothes than drive all the way there & back w/o seeing my loved one.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-06-2019, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,249 Times in 3,225 Posts

Black jeans will be allowed, but they need to be dark black, not faded black. If they're faded enough that from a distance and glancing quickly you couldn't tell the difference between faded black and faded blue, you may be denied.

I wear dark black jeans pretty regularly and have never been turned away, but have seen a couple of people turned away wearing faded black jeans. No blue shirts at all and no camo either.

The hardest one to remember is no underwires and no more than 2 hooks on the bra - 3 or more hooks may set off the metal detector. Some people wear sports bras with no hooks or wires.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 05:29 AM

Thanks for the information. I have done a lot of reading on visits and nothing was said about black jeans. I didn't think it would be an issue but I really would like to look nice for our first visit in person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acushla For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-09-2019)