Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Default What is the process for transferring probation from one state to another?

Hey everyone ! Its been a short minute since Ive posted anything, but nothing has really been going on.

Well today my boyfriend was sentenced in PA to 9-18 months. His minimum would be July 22nd 2019 since hes getting time served & the chances of him getting out then would be high EXCEPT he submitted a home plan to come to NJ because he has no one to live with in PA and his grandmother lives in NJ.

For those of you who have kept up with my situation then you know that my boyfriend also has two cases here in NJ that theyre waiting to sentence him on - which would be 2 years of probation. (Im pretty sure I posted about it)

Is anyone familiar with how transferring probation from one state to another works ? Would the fact that he has two cases in NJ make it easier for him to get the home plan approved?

All in all the sentencing went better than I thought it would but the home plan approval hanging in limbo right now is what has me a little bummed
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,685 Times in 13,056 Posts

Transferring post prison supervision to a different State requires an Interstate Parole/Probation Compact acceptance.
https://www.interstatecompact.org/

There are links for rules and how to navigate the Compact.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:53 PM

Thanks ! He goes in front of the parole board next Tuesday so fingers crossed !
The Following User Says Thank You to torieoo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-08-2019)