Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Question What do I need to do to work in Mexico? What about health care?

OK well im not on here much anymore..but i had a couple o ?s well my hubby got deported back in May he came back illegally and two months later got picked up by ICE and well he got deported a month later. We have been living in Mexico every since..well i am an US Citizen and been wanting to work here (in Mexico) and was wondering how to go about it... they have told us i need to get double nationality?? and i am also pregnant...how do i go about getting some kind of help for doctor expenses??

I was hoping one of you lovely ladies has been through this or had some type of info. We have both never really been to Mexico he was taking to the US sine he was 3months so he doesnt even know much spanish...the family he has here hasnt been much help either...if u had any info please let me know God bless
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 PM

I am in the process of getting my dual nationality but it is through my father being a mexican citizen, were either of your parents born in Mexico? What part of Mexico are you living in?

Old 12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
forever his

Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,199 Posts

if one of your parents is a Mexico National then you can get dual citizenship through them. You have to go to the Mexico consulate for the state that parent is from.

if you do not have a parent born in Mexico then you can apply for a permit to work in Mexico if you are married to a Mexican National.

As far as medical care if your husband is working you would have healthcare through him. If he is not working then you need to contact IMSS and see if you qualify for free healthcare.

Property of Negrete!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Im living in Monterrey,Nuevo Leon...
Yes both of my parents were born in mexico..
Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 PM

If ur legally married u need to have ur marriage abstract apostilled usually at the same place u got ur marriage license then ull have to go to the INM (instituto nacional de migracion) in Mexico city (address is homero 1832 col Los morales polanco delegacion Miguel hidalgo Mexico d.f.) ur marriage must be registered in Mexico to be recognized as a valid marriage. Normally Then u must apply for a fm 2 visa. This will easily b approved if ur married to a Mexican national. This visa also gives u permission to work.

Since ur parents r Mexican u can also have ur birth certificate apostilled and present Your parents birth certificates and credenciales to apply for dual citizenship at the same INM place. This will automatically make u a citizen without having to go thru the visa process.

Once u r a resident (either by citizenship or visa) ur husband should have already applied for el seguro popular which is the state health insurance and u can b added once u have ur residency. This is done at the municipal center of ur municipality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chispasdecruz For This Useful Post:
negretelove (12-31-2011), SimplyMe123 (12-31-2011)