Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Standing Strong

Exclamation Police & Judicial System Honest??

I used to have this view of the police and judicial system that they were here to protect the public, get to the truth and punish when need be. They would never lie. They're the cops and judicial system. They are here to get to the truth and speak it. Was I ever wrong.

When I went through police statements, previous and current, they will say anything to make things look worse than they really are.

As for prosecuters, "Oh, your husband will be out on parole in 5 to 6 months". They say anything to get your man to plead.

I am ashamed of our police and justice system. They should know better.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Missing Him...

Welcome to the other side!

A part of me wants to believe, that they believe they are truely protecting the society.... Thats just me wanting to believe the good in people.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
OnlyDustins

i havent believed in our police since kailee's father beat the crap out of me and they refused to arrest because they didnt see any marks. within an hour or so the bruises started to show and my friend took me back down to the station. they again refused to do anything because i could have self inflicted the injuries. to top it all off, he had kidnapped my daughter and they wouldnt make him give her back because there was no court order. the following day, i got a restraining order and dropped the retainer at my lawyers office. it's been a joke ever since....
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
<3

Well.. the way I see it, once your in the prison system you actually get to see BEHIND the scenes look, so to speak. You get to see how s*itty people are treated and see how much our "justice" (hah!) system actually works. It's a wonderful thing for people who have rose colored glasses on through life.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Did you hear that big, loud GUFFAAAAW from southwest Iowa? That was me.
I teach my kids to NEVER trust the police. Police are covered and given permission to lie! ANYTHING to get the conviction!!!! They have gone into the schools (CPS) and talked to my children without me even knowing there was something to talk about... They coerced my daughter into lying... There is not one person connected to the police or judicial system that I would trust. What I have seen, experienced and know for a fact is that they are corrupt and conniving; ALWAYS trying to groom you into telling more! Do not trust the police or the judicial system. JMHO.
IGIG
Old 10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Waiting Til' The End....

I'm glad there are others on the same page as me!!!! It's sad that you can't trust the police!!!! I surely don't....NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL!!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Standing Strong

I take pride in my honesty and have never had to deal with police until 2004. Was I ever nieve!!

It sucks for the honest people in the world because people just can't believe anyone these days. So the honest people are thought to be dishonest just like the dishonest.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Waiting Til' The End....

My thing is police are people just like anyone else!! They do dirt and make mistakes like everyone else. When I see them I look at them like every other stranger that I know nothing about ( and that is with distrust). I mean there are good cops out there but in my experiences, I haven't met many!!! Look at all those officers that have been in trouble and in the news. Police need to treat others with respect.. We should not have to respect them because they have a badge but because they show us respect and try to help us out in the best way possible. And it's sad to say that in most cases that doesn't happen.