Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Me and my babe write poems in every letter. We share books lol, but we also make sure we watch the same tv shows that way we'll have something 2 talk about, because after 6/12 years into a 10 year sentence, we have talked about EVERYTHING under the sun!!!! I also make sure to spray all my letters with my perfume and kiss them after I put lipstick on. It's the little things like that he really enjoys. It at least is a reminder of what he used 2 go 2 sleep with
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 AM

Default I am new to this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
I posted a series of couples questions in the Husbands & Boyfriends forum for anyone interested in some new questions to exchange with their SO, the thread title is 33 questions for couples (but I have given you about 100 questions).

My husband and I have been exchanging questions for many years now and it never ceases to amaze us as to how much more we are learning about each other with each passing day. Enjoy!

I would very much like some questions to help my fiancé and I. He says he doesn't feel as connected and I try and try but don't know what to do. I looked for your questions in the Husbands and Boyfriend forum but I could not find them. Can you help?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM

We write each other every day. Sometimes it will be really short, sometimes pages. We tell each other what we did for the day, what we ate, just little details. He has been gone 15 months of a 10 year sentence federal.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:43 AM
ivy

Talking ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarfromhome View Post
this is one topic that is extremely important to my husband. Over the course of the 18 years we've been together he has came up with a million ways to keep us connected. The only problem is me, i like his ideas and i think i'm going to be able to do what ever he suggests, but i must have a touch of add because i can't stay interested enough to follow through for very long. I get so board so quickly with things. He's always said he fears the day that i'll get board with him. But, i can't see that ever happening. It's just that life keeps me so busy that i forget or lose my interest.
Right now we are reading the same chapters in the bible each day. He picks a book of the bible, then when we near the end of that book i pick a book. I must admit, i have stuck to this one for a change.
We have read books together and discussed them. I've sent him lists of questions. We do share the same faith and the same desire to serve god, so that is what keeps us connected more than anything else. We work together with our ministry. We were able to convince the prison where he is to let us have a satellite dish installed that provides christian programming. I have the same type satellite dish at my home and we watch a lot of programs together. We have sabbath school together every saturday, by watching our favorite evangelist, doug batchelor preach the weekly lesson. So it makes us feel like we are attending church together.
When we hear of a romantic movie is going to be televised on secular tv we make a date night and watch it together and then write to each other about it. I've always thought i was romantic, but he's got me beat.
It's been too many years and it's hard to remember many of the things we've done to stay connected.
Oh yes, we always start our phone calls with prayer, and our visits (as few as they are). I've always heard that those who pray together stay together & i believe that to be true.
That is all i can think of for now. But, i'll give god the credit for keeping us connected, i know that to meet & marry someone in prison & to stay with them for 18 years is an act of god, it's nothing that neither he nor i could do. So, i give all the glory to him!
i will most definitely be using the chapter r books in bible n discuss in letters ty for that idea
frankiebaby (02-05-2015)
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM

I write everyday sometimes twice and send him pictures galore .....he writes when he is able to and i am grateful for every letter it got easier when he started calling and even better when i got to see him...I love him so much ....he is awaiting a transfer I have no idea what to expect because I have never been through this before I know Holidays are like torture because of the mail not running....can anyone tell me what to expect ?
Old 12-20-2014, 07:39 PM

love the post ..i was actually just in tears talking to him tonight and was telling him cuz I can't visit we need to find other ways to connect. Happy I came on here and have some great ideas to share with him.any other ideas are definitely welcomed. Thank you
Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Counting the days...
Donation Award 

This is a great thread! I just sent my fiancee our first list of 20 questions. Even though he's been away for over 2 years (of a 10-20 year sentence) I've been spoiled because he was in county. Phone calls were 30 minutes (not 15) and since they weren't nearly as expensive, we would talk 3-4 times a day. And I had the luxury of visiting him twice a week. Now he's been transferred to state and he's nearly 4 hours away. I haven't seen or personally talked to him in over a month (we've been able to send letters), so I thought now would be a great time to introduce some of the things I've read about couple doing on PTO. Thank God for this forum!

Old 11-02-2015, 03:38 PM

My fiance and I love art. Something that we used to do together before was we would sit down and we would start with a blank sheet of paper and one of us would draw something and pass it on to the other to add what they saw the picture needed. I figured that we could still do that so I start a drawing and I will mail it to him with one of my letters and he will draw on it and send it back. It is a fun thing that we always did together so it is nice that we have something that we can keep doing!