Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: Waiting
How many of you will wait the sentence full term? 215 88.84%
Have you cheated? 9 3.72%
Are you thinking of about to cheat? 10 4.13%
Do you already have someone? 8 3.31%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 AM

Hi I have a boyfriend in jail I feel the same do you find it hard to have trust
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 AM

I love him!!! Sometimes I find myself questioning if I trust him and the answer is, I really do. He would have to be a fool to lose me after all these years I gave him me and for what?? Some extra commissary funds? Who knows! We have 4 years left and I will continue to have my faith that God will see us through.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 AM

I find my faith is strong Hw cheated on me in the past and tried to lie about writing the girl letters but God taught him a lesson.some how the letters go switch I got hers and she got mine. I said why lie cause I will always find. We are good women waiting for a man cuz we see the true good . But I wonder how much is a lie.:0)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM

Wink Waiting

I have a 2016, waiting date. Girl, it is hard, but it will be worth it in the long run. They Love us too, and they know besides us having their backs, we are strong women, who Loves our men.
The Following User Says Thank You to BLLB For This Useful Post:
MsPrettiJackson (03-22-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Your so right Thanxs but sometimes it is just hard how he bosses me around. The worst part is when he gets jealous. I think all Ty he bad he did me it gets to him.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinscheri
I wait bc he is innocent! And bc Im IN love with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRaeBlue
Reasons why I wait:

1. I love him
2. I'm not happy without him in my life
3. I'm very mean, cold hearted and bitter without him in my life
4. God made him just for me
5. It pisses ppl off {evil grin}
This is why I stay with him also. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annamarie_0110
I wait for my boyfriend and father of my child because i am absolutely head over heels in love with him I've never felt the way he makes me feel with anyone else. I am myself and for once in my life I don't have to apologize for being me. He's made my life complete and I miss him badly but i know he will come home soon he only had 4 months to go!!!
This sounds the sameeee way i feel..im just comfortable around him more than I ever been around a guy and not scared to say or do anything silly around him cuz hes just the same..i just love me sum of him...
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM

I feel the same way he is my bestfriend and the soulmate we compliment each other

*Still Standing*
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPrettiJackson View Post
Wives & Longtime Girlfriends: I would like to know some feedback on "WHY" do we wait for these men? What does this say about us as women and as our character? Why do we often hide that are husband or long time boyfriend is in prison? What makes us wait?

For the WIVES (because I am a wife): Do you really wait and not have any sex or compassionate relations with the opposite sex (another man)? So when our husbands have 15 years or more how do you cope? Do you make him seem as though he is the only one but tend to cheat knowing that there is no definite date on when he is coming home?

I ask because my husband is doing 15 years and he comes up for parole in 7 (2018). However we were married before he went in and I love him and I am in love with him. But sometimes I am unsure if I will wait that time period because 7 years is a long time. And he looks at it as though its not forever and this is very "first" offense for agg robb w/dead weapon, but 7 years to me is forever. So am I wrong for being REALISTIC because he puts emotions in it and I DON'T I'm always realistic about the situation. I have not put myself in situations to cheat because I went before GOD, However, I don't think I will make this 7 year stretch in which I told him that already. I don't know whether to get myself out of this marriage or just wait!!! I'm 38 (45 when he comes home) & he is 26 (33 when he comes home). But he wants his marriage and he crys and just carries on because he was in love with me before he even went in. I just want to understand why do we do this what does this say about us as women or as a person. I guess I'm just having a moment and want to get some response on women who relate...Thanks so much...
It is hard to be a women with the man you love in prison. I just want to say, please don't get your hopes up about the parole board. Just because he is going in front of the board, does not necessarily mean he is coming home. I don't know how it works in Texas but in Florida, it does not. They can put him back on seven year cycle which means it would be another seven before they would see him again. They can require him to take classes. They will look at his DR record. Alot of things could happen. It is hard. I know I hate it but I am hanging on. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to flcountrygurl For This Useful Post:
MsPrettiJackson (03-22-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM

I work and work and work and take care of my 5 yr old my husband caught a15 yr sentence and did 2 yrs so far and they just moved him 2 days ago, I wait because I love him I lost him once cause of my foolishness and I'm not doing it again. Yes I get lonely and I miss the companionship and everything that comes with a relationship, but I maintain myself I write him every week and I sometimes hang out with friends. And I keep my distance from other men as well. If u truly love ur man u will wait.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Blue Loves Rock

I am more than willing to wait the 10 years it will be till Rock gets out, but my biological clock won't wait (I am already 36). We have discussed it and he wants a child as well so I am going forward with in-vitro fertilization. Sex isn't that important, but since we want children we have made a choice.

May the Creator shine his loving light on you always.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM

i wait because no one makes me half as happy as he does w. just that sweet smile or a simple call of my name i love him so much and its only natural i just CANT be w. another man even if i wanted to
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
As Long as it Takes!

I wait because we did not chose to be apart. We chose to be until death do us part, not prison walls. I wait because he is the love of my life, my best friend and only lover. There is no other that can or will ever replace my husabnd. I wait for him because love is real and true and he is my soul mate.
I wait because its all I can do for him, and me. I wait everyday one day at a time. I wait for his calls, just to hear his voice.
I wait till the day we see eachother again, and i wait for the day he comes home.
At this point my husband is looking at 10 years, but no convictions yet. we are still waiting for court. i just pray everyday that he will come home soon. he has no priors and hes been in atleast 45 days..

Last edited by Iwait4love; 04-04-2012 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: forgot word
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwait4love For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (05-02-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

I wait because even though it's hard I couldn't imagine life without him. I wait because he is my soulmate and not even fences could change that. We are the rock for each other, and together we will get to the happiest day of our life.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Luvsanders

I truly understand where your coming from my fiance has 8 more years to go and as a woman its hard to wait well I mean in a sexual sense.
.I don't want to be with another man cause I'm so deeply in love with him..but deep down at times I question the fact that this man is in jail for 8 more years...and us women have needs..the difference between me and you is that we aren't married but if we were married then I wouldn't even go outside of the relationship..I've been faithful so far..and I have a strong mindset and self control bit I do realize that there is temptation out here but I HV to continue being strong!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 AM

We wait those inmates for only that special reason LOVE in my case thats what it is
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhernan
Hi I have a boyfriend in jail I feel the same do you find it hard to have trust
It gets hard from time to time on both ends when it comes to Trust. Sometimes you can't trust yourself more than anything because of all the temptation.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatamoros
I love him!!! Sometimes I find myself questioning if I trust him and the answer is, I really do. He would have to be a fool to lose me after all these years I gave him me and for what?? Some extra commissary funds? Who knows! We have 4 years left and I will continue to have my faith that God will see us through.
Well I bless that God sees you through because this is no EASY life being a prison wife. I'm 10 months into a 15 year sentence and doubt sets in all the time. YES I love him then when he was home and even more do now but only God knows what lies ahead for our marriage.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 AM

I wait because I couldnt imagine my life without him. I love him and he is worth waiting for
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM

I stay because he is my lover, my best friend...my soulmate. We have 2 kids, and 2-12 years...is nothing compared to how many years we have left together.
The Following User Says Thank You to D's lady For This Useful Post:
bad_girl_bex (04-03-2015)
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 AM

I will wait for him because e completes me. At first, I didn't tell others where he was or what the situation was... But now that I realize that he is still the same man I've always loved... I take pride in him. I'm an educated woman. I don't think loving someone in prison makes me weak, as many seem to believe, I think it makes me strong. Finding some schmuck on the outside would be easy. Waiting for the one I love behind bars? Now THAT is hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sara2746 For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (05-02-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leowoman View Post
If my husband committed aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, I wouldn't wait for him. He's not showing me love or honoring me or cherishing me by knowingly committing a crime like that. On the other hand, if he ended up in prison for something he couldn't help such as he is now on probation due to no job so couldn't pay his child support, I would wait for him. Just my opinion.
First and formost, we as women and men see things in diffrent lights and ways. as you have stated that you would not wait for your man IF he committed a robbery. Knowing all the ins and outs of a crime that your loved one committed is important, you say that you could understand if he could not pay his child support then you would wait, well a crime is a crime and if you turn it so it looks good for you, hey thats ok - but the bottom line is this, coming to a deeper understanding of where these women and men come from plays a significant part of there being, when you love some one, it is unconditional, it is personal, it is between the two parties.

When it comes to waiting on a man or women and keeping your self for your that one, that my friend shows honor, that shows charactor, that shows a person his displine - Real SEX is based on true love - if you can not control your body memebers, maybe you need to take a closer look at your self. You can live a life of fun with the opposet sex - you don't have to sex every women or men that comes into your life, some people do not cheat some people have full lives.

Before you speak, sit down and learn what make a real person tick, what true love is all about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CTisMe For This Useful Post:
candidtalk (06-11-2012), sage26 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM

i just don't understand these types of threads...smh. if you are in a relationship whether you are married or not if your in bed with others then you are betraying your man or woman and your relationship. i don't/won't cheat i say that cause it's the truth not because i won't admit otherwise.i don't want or need a "life raft" so to speak to keep me afloat sexually or monetarily till anthony is out.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTisMe

First and formost, we as women and men see things in diffrent lights and ways. as you have stated that you would not wait for your man IF he committed a robbery. Knowing all the ins and outs of a crime that your loved one committed is important, you say that you could understand if he could not pay his child support then you would wait, well a crime is a crime and if you turn it so it looks good for you, hey thats ok - but the bottom line is this, coming to a deeper understanding of where these women and men come from plays a significant part of there being, when you love some one, it is unconditional, it is personal, it is between the two parties.

When it comes to waiting on a man or women and keeping your self for your that one, that my friend shows honor, that shows charactor, that shows a person his displine - Real SEX is based on true love - if you can not control your body memebers, maybe you need to take a closer look at your self. You can live a life of fun with the opposet sex - you don't have to sex every women or men that comes into your life, some people do not cheat some people have full lives.

Before you speak, sit down and learn what make a real person tick, what true love is all about.
Ok....some of these men that commit armed or agg robbery are in a very bad financial state. They aren't thinking clearly but all they know is they have to make that rent payment or car payment or doctor bill. My man committed these crimes because he didn't want me knowing how bad our financial situation was. He was the "man" he felt it was his duty to handle everything. Our car was taken by the bank our phones were shut off...Christmas was coming....many things came into play. I couldn't leave him for that!!!! What he did was wrong....but he was trying to protect us

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
The Following User Says Thank You to D's lady For This Useful Post:
sage26 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Anthonys_Lady~
i just don't understand these types of threads...smh. if you are in a relationship whether you are married or not if your in bed with others then you are betraying your man or woman and your relationship. i don't/won't cheat i say that cause it's the truth not because i won't admit otherwise.i don't want or need a "life raft" so to speak to keep me afloat sexually or monetarily till anthony is out.
This thread is here because of the Question being asked. If you don't understand why it's being asked then 1) why respond and 2) your in the wrong thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion not to judge why's and why not. Some people on here are really sharing there true feelings on this hard long journey while others tell a story of this lifestyle being a piece of cake which at some point certainly is not true or else they wouldn't be here for support. If women would spend more time being a support system and not a judicial judge then you'd be alright. Whatever a person chooses to do whether its staying faithful, walking out, cheating or whatever they choose at the end of the day is their choice. You have not walked the path in THEIR shoes to understand the place of where THEIR coming from. You never know when the shoe will be on the other foot and you'll be asking something and somebody will be questioning you not knowing YOUR story. So respect these threads and what people has to say even more so if your love one is locked up. We are all here because our loved one is in prison for a crime they committed and NOONE ever said this road would be easy.