Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: How has your man changed?
No noticeable change 8 3.85%
Definately matured 169 81.25%
Regressed 5 2.40%
Working on it 26 12.50%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2007, 06:20 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Mark has changed and grown. He has been in almost 19 years. We dated before his incarceration and he was sweet and loving, but not responsible. We have gotten back together, and now he is everything positive I knew him to be before, plus some.

He is definately planning for his (and our) future!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Missing MY SUNSHINE!

We both changed!!! & all for the better.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Mine's been in over 10 years...went in at 18. I only met him 11 months ago, but I can tell he has matured and wants to be a good man for me.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Chads Chicken

Chad has changed immensely, when a few guys in his pod broke out in county, he wouldnt go with them, before, he would have led the charge, he was a fighter, a dope fiend, thief and general hell raiser, none of his family would bond him out they knew he would run. Him and his family have since made nice. once we got close and he was later shipped from county, he has been on trustee status ever since going all the way down to about 14 points (he wouldnt take his stomach pill and was accused of hoarding them, that was 4 points, he told a teacher to quit rubbing on him and touching him, he got 5 more points, he got busted smoking pot and got 5 more points, he has gotten his GED, learned woodworking and leather craft, he has been working in the kitchen and wanting to take chef classes, he is making beautifully detailed clocks. I cant take credit for the change, but he says it is because of me....
I'D RATHER LOVE A MAN I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THAN LIVE WITH A MAN I CAN'T LOVE. RIGHT NOW, I'M LOVING A MAN THE STATE SAYS I CANT LIVE WITH, INVOLVED IN A LOVE AFFAIR MY HEART SAYS I CANT LIVE WITHOUT...

Chadschicken2
Old 12-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Member from down under

We have both grown together, some for the good and some not so. Hubby wants to be a better man for our family. He has done an amazing so far.

Time Flies it is the days that take forever, but you cant have my Hubby forever!

All I can do is make the most of what's left.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
nice

all men changes after they go inside, I grew up there and changed quite abit, it is normal, prison life is not a simple life, men talk and teach each other about many different things, just being on the inside, we learn so much from others, good and bad, most go through the same changes, adjusting to how to serve your time and survive the experience, some cry alot and feel sorry for themselves, I had a rough life so I accepted what ever came my way and survived.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Closed

I didn't know Damian when he went in, but he's told me what he was like. He was violent and he had a drinking problem. Over the years he's been in, he voluntarily sought therapy so he could better understand himself and begin to change. He has changed a great deal. He has a lot of insight and has much better control over his anger. And I asked him about the drinking, and he said that it won't even be an issue...he doesn't want to do anything that could cause him to go back down that path.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Walking the Walk
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,379 Times in 772 Posts

He changed, but I don't think all of it is down to being in there. When he hit his thirties he started looking at himself and how well he lived up to his own expectations. He made a lot of changes in his behavior and expectations, all to the good.

But I started to wake up and put my life in order when I hit 30 too, which is why I don't believe that prison is completely responsible for the man he is now.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Life is like a spliff...

prison really served to slow my guy down. i know that he's learned a lot about himself, and he puts a lot of things into perspective. like many of you guys have posted, in a very odd, crazy way, prison served to save his life, not to make it better though, cuz that change came within him and with the support of his loved ones. prison did however, serve to pull him out of that fast life, the very same one that he didn't want to be a part of, but he just didn't know how to break free from.

i too believe that this change in him would've happened eventually, prison or no prison. his big heart has has been there all this time, but he didn't realize it, because it was too full of anger. but love conquers all... keep passing it through.

Last edited by CHELpea; 06-18-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-06-2008, 08:45 AM

my man went in at age 18 and now is 43 he has down a complete turn around and even tries to help me to talk to my teenage daughter is a very angry child....
Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Dwayne'sWife

He has changed b/c he was always the type to say well leave if you don't like what you have and now he misses me and the kids and says sorry every time we talk about the way he was Now he he lets me know how much he actually loves me now that he can't see us but on the weekends I guess what they say is right you don't know how much you need someone until they are gone

Old 03-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

He has definitely matured. Though what his parents told him about me (that I had died in a car accident) certainly didn't help him want to get out. They told me the same about him so that I wouldn't wait around for him. I wish I had. But he started working on himself to become a better man six years ago when I found him again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
MyLuv4o7 (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 02:34 PM

Default Good changes

My bae definitely has changed for the better. Baby steps is still big progress. He's wiser and matured in the past few years. Ive seen growth in him. I love my bae.

Last edited by MyLuv4o7; 06-19-2017 at 02:41 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 02:38 PM

Default Good changes

Even though the lie that was put out on you and your man isn't good. That separation was for a reason and especially he is a better man now then before. Now a man I feel God put into your life at the right time.

Last edited by MyLuv4o7; 06-19-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 06:40 AM

His growth has actually become one of the sexiest things about him. He continues to amaze me every day
Kimimi (04-09-2018), Sarianna (04-08-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 12:18 PM

He has changed dramatically! He's been in 17.5 years. Went in mid-late 20's. He has matured and really grown up in there. He will be out in the next month or two (waiting on a bed at the HWH to open up) and all he is focused on is working this summer and then going back to school in the fall for his BA. He says he has a lot of time to make up for in his retirement account. How many guys getting out think that way? I'm SO proud of him and I'm so much more motivated by seeing his determination and goals and I fully support him in that. I told him I would kick his butt if he lets anything (including me) get in the way of succeeding.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Coopers disciple

13 years, he turned from a gullible, restless boy into a very distrusting but ultimately wiser man. He also became some sort of an astro-energy-hippe-hipster-vegan-guru. His basic personality didn't change - that's okay because it was never necessary - but his views and how he approaches things. A lot of it is coping mechanisms, otherwise the hurt from his past would throw him into severe depression.