Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:53 AM

Thanked 1,182 Times in 668 Posts
Default Mail room clerk with a heart

One of my wife’s friends who had recently been sentenced, got called to the mail room. The clerk showed her an envelope from her husband containing a letter with pictures. The clerk told her she couldn’t let her have it because the pictures were revealing. She asked whether Mary wanted the envelope destroyed or returned stamped REFUSED – ILLEGAL CONTENT. Mary asked if she could at least read the letter if not look at the pictures before she decided what she wanted to do about them. The clerk told her no, I can’t let you look at any of it. She put the envelope on the shelf of the Dutch door, (the top was open), said she had to make a phone call and left them there. Mary took the letter and photos out of the envelope. The clerk didn’t say anything. She read the letter quickly and looked at the pictures until the clerk hung up. Mary put them back in the envelope, thanked the clerk and told her to send them back.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
gta5518 (10-16-2020), miamac (10-16-2020), Wolf9785 (10-16-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,988 Times in 8,426 Posts

We've had similar experiences with mail where they let him get important info out and just return the items deemed 'contraband'. If I remember right, it was a printed page of photos from the county fair. Why that wasn't allowed, who knows, but they let him keep the information I sent with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-16-2020), WaitingWilkes (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 09:00 AM

Thanked 1,182 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
We've had similar experiences with mail where they let him get important info out and just return the items deemed 'contraband'. If I remember right, it was a printed page of photos from the county fair. Why that wasn't allowed, who knows, but they let him keep the information I sent with it.

The rule where Tammy's incarcerated is if anything in an envelope's unacceptable, nothing gets delivered. It's stupid but that's how it's handled. Another stupid rule: nothing copied off the 'Net is acceptable. Deleting the URL before printing it out solves that problem. We haven't had anything refused.