Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Default Home 4 days - He hasn't changed.

My man's been home for 4 days it was good the first day then stuff started to happen like before when he was out it's really heart breaking I have been through all of this I am starting to think that he is a narrsacist he seems to only care about himself and what he can get then acts like a little boy when I can't do something Ive been dealing with this for a long time now and I'm almost to my breaking point I'm just heart broken they always say there gonna change and they don't so sad
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2018, 06:19 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,264 Times in 15,267 Posts

I really hate to hear that Perhaps its time to learn to be independent.....him AND you. Get your own place & learn to do for yourself instead of doing everything for him but chew his food & tie his shoes. The peace will feel so good, especially after feeling unappreciated for so long.

Of course, its your decision to make, but think on it, will ya? You deserve to be happy with someone who will be your partner, equal partner, not your Master

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-16-2018), David (11-12-2018), miamac (11-12-2018), Ms Sunny (11-12-2018), nimuay (11-13-2018), Sarianna (11-13-2018), sidewalker (11-12-2018), tabbycat007 (12-02-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 07:40 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. After standing by him and waiting for him to come home, then this. If you are even thinking of trying to make this work, then I would highly suggest you and him go to some counseling. If he refuses, I think you should go yourself...

I do agree with Patchouli that it may be time for you to move on and find your own way. Even so, I think some counseling would help. He might try to get you to stay, but for your own mental, physical and emotional well being, you must do something to help yourself. I will pray as you make your decision.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,826 Times in 1,645 Posts

I'm really sorry. But it's not worth staying with him.
It kind of was to be expected after what you've shared with us before. It's not a "I told you so" answer but what you've shared before was kind of a "preview of coming attractions". Just stepping out of prison didn't make him a new man or other man and he's not the one you should spend one more minute with. You deserve better!
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,537 Times in 11,949 Posts

If he promised to change into a "new man" and has already demonstrated that he can't/won't, you already know what to expect in the future. I'm sorry for your disappointments.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:09 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,696 Times in 14,451 Posts

Im not sure what you are getting out of this relationship.
It seems like all you are getting is another child rather than a partner.

I know if it were me? I'd be telling him bye bye. No one deserves to be treating like crap. Especially after you helped him out during his jail time.
He is ungrateful, immature and selfish. (from your past posts re: picking him up vs taking a bus home)

Im sorry it isnt working out as you had hoped.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,623 Times in 11,025 Posts

If for some reason this isn't your breaking point, what is? More of the same? A new horrible? What will it take for you to decide to get your own life back instead of living in his shadow?
MizzyMuffling (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
My man's been home for 4 days it was good the first day then stuff started to happen like before when he was out it's really heart breaking I have been through all of this I am starting to think that he is a narrsacist he seems to only care about himself and what he can get then acts like a little boy when I can't do something Ive been dealing with this for a long time now and I'm almost to my breaking point I'm just heart broken they always say there gonna change and they don't so sad
I have found that in most situations when you finally hit that breaking point you may discover it will be over something "stupid." You have been through so much with him and have put up with much more than many here will tell you they would have done, but you did it. In your heart of hearts you don't want to give up on him but you're to the point in which you also know deep down he will not change and you have to ask yourself why you feel unworthy of respect.

I think you're close but honestly if you are here asking the advice of others you have not hit that "invisible brick wall" just quite yet. You'll know when you do. As I said it may come over something "silly" or stupid.... He'll leave his clothes on the floor expecting you to pick them up; he'll ask or tell you to do something that in the realm of things he's asked or told you to do in the past is minor, but that time it will be enough. That's what I mean by it being something silly or stupid.

Only you can say when you've had enough....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-16-2018), patchouli (11-13-2018)