Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) Topic and discussion specific to CSATF- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility located at Corcoran State Prison in California.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Micah&Jenn4Ever

Hmmm thats a great idea to keep cool!!! I will have to mention that to him when I see him this Sunday!! Thanks!!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:30 PM

Boy is it HOT, and to top it off yeah there AC or what evever they want to call it sucks . And just imagine we are there for a couple of hours only, they have to go back into a damn concrete box that is most than likely hotter than heck!!!

PonysBoyWife, yes you are one of the fortunate ones driving from Fresno huh that is like around the corner compare to some of us......... 3 and a half hours, besides he will be home soon...... Congrats on that!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 AM
GiddyYup

Thank You Smile!

Yes we are very greatful that we don't have it as bad as others i've read here have it or that he's heard in there. The 1 hour one way enables me to go every weekend usually both saturday and sunday. He's even able to have his own fan in his cell being that he's on a SAP yard. So I try and do what I can by helping those who he tells me help him. I sent this one man a quarterly package because this poor elderly man never gets any visitors can't make phone calls out to his family because they can't afford the collect calls and arent able to really send him too much $ to put on his books. My husband befriended him when he first arrived at CSATF and this man is forever giving my husband his little dessert they give them at chowtime and does other things. Anyway, they just get along really good and we felt kind of bad for him so we put together a package for him and this old man was sooo greatful! My husband said when they called his name to pick up his package this man RAN to get it and RAN BACK SO EXCITED and kept wanting to give my husband half the package to show his gratitude. It really makes you stop and think and put things in perspective.

Mrs Davis, I'm soooo sorry you had to go thru that. Keep your head up! All of my good visits with my husband OUTWEIGH all the bad ones and they help me forget about most of the bad ones too!

Happy Anniversary Bug!

Happy Birthday luvnstarz!

And to everyone else, have a great weekend! I hope all of us have great visits! PLEASE PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR THE ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS IN THE CORCORAN AREA!! PLENTY OF WATER AND GATORADE!!!! CHECK YOUR TIRES, DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT. LOL I SOUND LIKE MY MOM!!!! SERIOUSLY FOLKS, THEY SAY IT COULD REACH 109-110 DEGREES OUT THIS WAY! PLEASE BE SAFE!

~ James & Lisa

Closed Thread