Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 10-14-2003, 10:32 PM

Default My Son Was Attacked

My son, Chad is a Level 3 but, has been in PC (protective custody since he was attacked and raped in his cell one night when he got back from work. PC is a small cell in which they can only write and receive letters and reading material sent directly from an authorized store. I use Amazon.com. All of his personal property, TV, CD Player, Guitar, food he purchased from the commissary, and food and many other items he was sent in a package he had received was put in storage. He stayed clean and worked very hard to be able to have the privilege of getting these items. After over 60 calls to the Prison and threats of sending in a private attorney and asking to speak to the Warden. he is finally getting the justice he deserves. Is being treated very well and should be moving to a Prison closer to where I live any day now. He will be sent to a softer section of Salinas Prison, known as the SNY (Sensitive Needs Yard). He is still pretty much traumatized and will receive Counseling. I can finally take a break. I think just about every department at Corcoran knows me :~). He was allowed to call me Monday and he sounded pretty good. So, if you have any questions about Corcoran State, I may be able to answer them.
Donna K

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,107 Times in 219 Posts

Hi Donna, I am so glad Chad is doing better. I know how much you have worried about him but it sounds like thing are picking up. I will keep the both of you in my thoughts. Love Barb

Old 10-15-2003, 01:20 AM

Thanks Barb. Haven't you heard from him? He was so happy about all the cards he received from here and was planning to respond to all he could. He knows about this site and was very happy to hear I had found it. Maybe with everything going on, he didn't follow through. I am getting at least 4 long letters a week. He is really opening up about himself and his thoughts and ideas. I am in awe of how much he knows about so many subjects and issues going on out here with our Country. I sent him the Bill O'Reilly book "The Spin Stops Here" and he loved it. When his book "Who's Looking Out For You" goes to paperback, I'm sending it to him. It's even better. Again, thanks so much for your support.
Love,
Donna K

Old 10-15-2003, 06:05 AM
im a good girl i am

Hi donna...im glad chad is doing better and is getting to move....i guess sometimes the "squeaky wheel" does get the grease....{{{{hugs}}}}}

~~~"Our virtues are most frequently but our vices in disguise."~~~~
François duc de La Rochefoucauld
Old 10-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Been here forever

I am glad to hear he is doing better as well. I think it is terrible that they have to go through all they do
yu and your family will remain in my prayers