Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:17 AM

Default Work release and early release from Jones Farm Unit?

Does anyone know how certian an early release date is if you are working? my s/o has been @ jones farm since december and says he will be coming home in march because of work when max is april. im just nervous they can dick him over just because! please let me know and sorry if this is on the wrong forum! first time posting and not really sure what i am doing on here. xoxo lauren
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,652 Times in 4,836 Posts

Hi there I have moved your thread to the New Jersey forums and I have amended your title to help other members find your thread.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,469 Posts

Quote:
im just nervous they can dick him over just because!
They can always do that. One of our own had their husband not released until a couple of months after his release date.

That said, it's not typical, but we always say to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Until he has his papers with a release date on the papers, you can never be certain. So plan for April, hope for March and make sure everything on your end is ready by the earliest release date - or even next month.

Assuming he's coming home to live with you, the Parole Officer (PO) is going to want to check out the place he's moving into and will need to approve it before his release. The PO can tell you his release requirements, but generally, they're going to say "no firearms, no alcohol, no drugs, no computers that he has access to" (most will allow a password protected computer).

And congrats on being so close! It's stressful, but at least it's a happy stress and not the gut wrenching stress that it was when he went in.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:50 PM

My guy got released from Jones in April... he took a 7 day a week job and it got him released 2 months earlier ... they will update the DOC website once a month and it will show his release date getting knocked down. Also in classification it should say on his paper that he has when his projected release date is...

Just tell him to stay out of trouble. Stay away from the drugs and cigs there and fights and he’ll be fine. Milk the cows, stay to himself. And all will be fine. I visited him once a week when he was in there so I know all the ins and outs.