Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:43 PM

Thanks for all the updates. It was nice to have a whole thread that covered your story from when she went in to when she got out. I am so thrilled she ended up in fire camp. What an amazing experience! Congrats to ya'll for making it thru and wishing you all the happiness in the world!
Cutepixie (09-21-2015), Rise21 (09-19-2015), sidewalker (09-20-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2015, 08:31 PM

Thank you GKK ! You know, even though it's probably only a few weeks away, it's very hard to believe. My family and I are excited, but nervous too. Weird huh ? She's gone from Los Colinas (County), CCWF (Receiving), CIW (Prison), to Rainbow (Fire Camp). All in a year. She described to me at our last visit as a giant "life experience". She's seen some insane things like I'm sure people here have seen and heard about. This site has been a blessing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rise21 For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (09-21-2015), mikeq (09-22-2015), sidewalker (09-20-2015), ZingyCPA (09-27-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 08:53 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 24,642 Times in 12,734 Posts

I am sure she will do fine on supervision.
Just do everything she is told to do. And if its something your not sure is ok or not? Dont do it, until its cleared with probation.

I dont know how long she will be on supervision but hopefully not too long.
The better she does, the easier it usually gets.
Please come back and let us know how its going !!
Im sure your both just so happy. I know I am for you guys.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
bumblebee37 (09-20-2015), Cutepixie (09-21-2015), mikeq (09-22-2015), Rise21 (10-05-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 10:57 AM

Default Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise21 View Post
Feeling the holiday downers. I am very thankful that the kids and I get to see her on Thanksgiving. Also, if she hasn't been sent to receiving, we'll see her on Christmas. Her next court date is 12/12, so we'll see if they bus her off to receiving after. Going to be the toughest holidays we've ever been through. But, we'll make it.
I JUST saw this thread and loved going from one message to another. I hope all has gone as well as can be expected for your wife. I hope your kids have adjusted and understand what's happening. I hope you've adjusted to the very different family dynamic you now have. Wife should be getting out sometime in the next year...maybe much less? Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is a good thing. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltheBiker For This Useful Post:
mikeq (09-22-2015), Rise21 (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 PM

Well, here we are, the night before she comes home ! I am so excited and nervous. But, grateful more than anything. The people on this site were a god send. I will continue to be here. I want to help in anyway I can. I will not stop. Thank you all.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rise21 For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (10-23-2015), Friend in Jail (10-05-2015), LifeTraveler (10-05-2015), sidewalker (10-06-2015), ZingyCPA (10-11-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Best wishes and congrats!
The Following User Says Thank You to Friend in Jail For This Useful Post:
Rise21 (10-05-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 AM

Donation Award 

hooray!!! Hopefully you are in line at the facility waiting. Yeah, again with the waiting. lol. But at least this time it will be for more than a few hours.

I tell ya, I would be so so super proud of her. I live sort of nearby the Valley Fire area in CA. Reading some of the reports in the paper about what happened to folks had me shivering in my shoes.
I had a coworker who lost her home completely. Nothing/zero left.
unless you count the bed springs of her bed. She said that was about the only thing left.
So glad for you both.
congrats!!

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-21-2015, 09:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

Quick update. Been a couple of weeks since my Wife has been home. While we are very happy, there definitely has been adjusting. I think she tried to do way too much the first few days. Trying to make up for lost time I guess. As we get settled in, we are coming up for ways to "pay it forward" the same way total strangers were so supportive of myself and our kids. Really hope we can make the same impact !
Cutepixie (10-23-2015), fbopnomore (10-22-2015), LifeTraveler (10-21-2015), sidewalker (10-26-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,942 Times in 6,787 Posts

I am SO happy for the both of you that your wife is home. Sure it is an adjustment, but you both will be all right!!

Old 10-23-2015, 07:39 AM

Thanked 1,793 Times in 907 Posts

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Quick update. Been a couple of weeks since my Wife has been home. While we are very happy, there definitely has been adjusting. I think she tried to do way too much the first few days. Trying to make up for lost time I guess. As we get settled in, we are coming up for ways to "pay it forward" the same way total strangers were so supportive of myself and our kids. Really hope we can make the same impact !
That is so great to hear that she is home and adjusting well. I think the most important thing is that you know her well enough to have said what you just did, that she was trying to do too much in a small amount of time. Remind her that you have your lives together and that you are all in this together! You guys rock! Goodluck!
fbopnomore (10-23-2015)
Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 PM

Default 4 Days / Back Home

Hello All,

Been a few months since my wife has been home. Things are getting back to "normal" slowly, but at least they are. Probation has been ok former. We prayed for a "decent human being" for a probation officer and got one. We still wait for them to go through our residence. Nice show for out neighbors, but I don't really care about that anymore. My wife landed a nice temp job. She's now getting hired on. We wait with a lot of anxiety to see if they run her background screen. I'm pretty sure they will, so we'll see what happens. But, life goes on either way. There is life after prison. Is it easy, hell no. But, we made it through it. Now it's your turn. Take care all.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rise21 For This Useful Post:
ByHisSide2016 (01-22-2016), Cutepixie (01-21-2016), Driver For Hire (01-18-2016), Ms Sunny (01-15-2016), sidewalker (01-17-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 03:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while. Experiencing life after prison. My Wife had a very cool probation officer. Then......they gave her a new one. That changed pretty quick. There first visit was when only my 19 year old daughter was home. My Wife was at her new job. My Daughter allowed them in (she didn't know any better), they went through the house. Left a card and went on their way. The second time (these were 2 months apart), was on a Wednesday at 9:15pm. Pounded on my bedroom door and woke me up. I was wasn't very pleasant with them. My Wife was handcuffed in front of our 13 year old Son, who was crying and filled with anger. They searched the house again and found nothing again. She is a non-violent white collar felon. Ridiculous. The probation officer was a jerk. He said she has probably another year of probation. Before all this, she had landed a great job. She "checked" the box on her app and I guess they didn't realize it. 7 months later, they "realized " and let her go because her position "was too visible". Unreal. Has to be a better freakin way for all of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rise21 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-06-2016)
Old 06-19-2016, 03:24 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,514 Times in 4,853 Posts

Ugh. I'm so sorry. I don't understand the need for such harsh supervision in most cases, either. As for the job...that's just rotten of them. I hope something comes along soon for her and that her former employer gave her a glowing reference to use.

Thanks for checking in.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:14 AM

Donation Award 

Sorry you guys got an asshat agent.
Unfortunately they get to do the house toss when they want to.
Really sorry about the job ending for your wife.
Hopefully she will find another soon.

I really wonder if when doing this type of *search* for stuff thats not there that they realize that younger more impressionable family members (your 13 yo son) are watching. Pretty sure the impression they leave isnt one of wow, I better not mess up so I dont end up like this when Im an adult. If it was me, I'd have thought.....what asshats. I dont trust them.

Really sorry you guys hit a bit of a rough patch. Hopefully the agent will chill out some and at least show up at a reasonable time.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-19-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

It's been a while. Experiencing life after prison. My Wife had a very cool probation officer. Then......they gave her a new one. That changed pretty quick. There first visit was when only my 19 year old daughter was home. My Wife was at her new job. My Daughter allowed them in (she didn't know any better), they went through the house. Left a card and went on their way. The second time (these were 2 months apart), was on a Wednesday at 9:15pm. Pounded on my bedroom door and woke me up. I was wasn't very pleasant with them. My Wife was handcuffed in front of our 13 year old Son, who was crying and filled with anger. They searched the house again and found nothing again. She is a non-violent white collar felon. Ridiculous. The probation officer was a jerk. He said she has probably another year of probation. Before all this, she had landed a great job. She "checked" the box on her app and I guess they didn't realize it. 7 months later, they "realized " and let her go because her position "was too visible". Unreal. Has to be a better freakin way for all of this.
I'm new here so I've been reading older posts to get a feeling for PTO, who belongs, etc. I'm very sorry they're messing with your wife, and the rest of your family. Losing her job for no reason had to have been painful for her. How's everything going now? FYI my wife has been down for 22 yeas.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:32 PM

Thanked 1,121 Times in 737 Posts

When my husband was out in parole 5 years ago they came to my house once and never returned. After about 7 months called him unexpectedly and told him they let him off early. I guess there are some good and some bad.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Well hello everyone ! Been quite a while. About a year. Wanted to give an update. It took my wife and I about 4-6 months to to start feeling like our Family again. We made it through several probation checks, unemployment, good jobs that were taken away from her because "rumors" of her past. BUT, we made it. Hasn't been easy. She now has a very good job, is in therapy, and gives back to help women that are incarcerated. Including helping with resume's, the interview process , and even helping with the GED process. She has helped women prepare for prison too. I am so dang proud of her. Anything is possible. The pain my kids and I went thru in the beginning of this was so hard, but, we stayed together and got thru it. For all you husbands, boyfriends, and family, don't give up. There is hope. Just believe and find people to help you thru it.
K6770 (08-13-2017), missingdee (08-09-2017), sidewalker (08-12-2017), WaitingWilkes (08-12-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,382 Posts

Quote:
Well hello everyone ! Been quite a while. About a year. Wanted to give an update. It took my wife and I about 4-6 months to to start feeling like our Family again. We made it through several probation checks, unemployment, good jobs that were taken away from her because "rumors" of her past. BUT, we made it. Hasn't been easy. She now has a very good job, is in therapy, and gives back to help women that are incarcerated. Including helping with resume's, the interview process , and even helping with the GED process. She has helped women prepare for prison too. I am so dang proud of her. Anything is possible. The pain my kids and I went thru in the beginning of this was so hard, but, we stayed together and got thru it. For all you husbands, boyfriends, and family, don't give up. There is hope. Just believe and find people to help you thru it.
Hey Rise, great that you've come back to share a bit with us. Indeed, there is hope, in some form, for all of us. In Dee's case, she's been out 7 1/2 months and, in our own way, we're writing our own success story. I am glad to hear that you and your wife are continuing to write yours. For those members who are anticipating a date (I know we have a couple coming up,) this hopefully will bode well for them, too.

Please keep us updated from time to time. We appreciate your input, your story, and your contributions here.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
K6770 (08-13-2017), sidewalker (08-12-2017), WaitingWilkes (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:12 AM

Donation Award 

So glad to read this, Rise21.
Good for her for helping others.
Glad you guys are getting back to *normal*

Now for the part where she is off paper. (this just happened for us. It came as a surprise)
Hope all is well for you and your family.

That's my dog's nose art