Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:15 PM
<-GE M-1000

Default The Game Plan

OK since attempts at reopening my old (or as one poster said ancient, which is far more appropriate) conviction is basically a non-starter and a can of worms I realized I don't want to open, the plan is to go forward with the immigration attorney and apply for both the TRP (Temporary Resident Permit), and the Certificate of Rehabilitation to enable me to cross over into Canada. Especially true if I want to do something I've wanted to do for a long time now. Drive Motorcoach. And the company that I applied to, which I have a good history with as a passenger, needs me to be able to cross over.

So, with that in mind, as I begin to outline what I want to say in my statement, I'm also gathering needed documents such as my application, Certificate of Relief, my City of Buffalo Rap Sheet, Court Disposition, Character Reference Letters from my family and friends, FBI and State Police records, and a letter from the prospective company. When I interviewed with them in January, I openly disclosed my conviction to them. Their Safety Dept. has already signed off on me. So I don't think it's much of a stretch to request a letter from them indicating the job requirement to cross the border as necessary. My Attorney told me this can carry much weight in the Canadian Officials' Decisions.

Any additional advice, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I'm doing the gathering now, the actual application process will start in February, when I get my tax refunds.
fbopnomore (08-05-2017)
Sponsored Links