Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison and Legal News & Events What is making news in Michigan relating to the prison system, the criminal justice system, etc? Find it here!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 AM

Default Huron Valley

tj to heatherlockwood
show details 6:34 PM (13 hours ago)

Hello Heather:

This is a copy sent to the Michigan governor's office ... and several federal agencies, which the federal agencies are taking it serious, due to the past serious constitutional/human rights violations...the state doesn't..

This facility is a women's hell hole which hasn't changed since the laws suits were won by over 100 women who were raped and beaten on multiple occasions by guards operating under the color of law; especially on the West Side, where the recent suicide was committed.

The institution has resorted to record tampering, fraud and mental abuse to those who were already victims of the system by the guards, in retaliation. I can prove this and will be using every convergent media technology to expose this.

I sincerely hope you will explore these grievous violations of the decency of every human's rights, explicitly women's. Put yourself in their shoes, how would you deal with being beaten and raped, hospitalized and it then happened over and over? and nothing is done? then to be put through mental torture in retailation? Fabricated charges to deny you parole (they know Dawn has no living relatives to support or help her). The DOJ and the FBI are also involved.

I am concerned about Dawn's safety. lately I have been getting letters back stating no such inmate exists? I talked to her 3 days ago and she was to call Sunday night and I haven't heard anything. She told me she is always being watched and harrassed for no reason. I have been tracking the two charges places aginst her just before her parole hearing was to come up...pretty amazing I can't find any record of them in either county? I have the DOJ involved now... Molly Reno her former attorney in the lawsuit is scheduled to visit tomorrow (Weds. and still no word??)....

Thank you

tj to Rick.Snyder
show details Apr 13 (4 days ago)
Good Morning:

I have been corresponding with inmate Dawn XXXX (I deleted out her name and ID for this post) at the Huron Valley facility for quite some time now. Dawn was one of the original group which sued over being raped. Dawn was raped on numerous occasions by several guards, even while in PC. The facility has been oppressing her ever since, attempting to take points away and every game they can play. She was scheduled for release last year, then a trumpted up scheme which I can also prove denied her release. Dawn was set to be released this May and move here; NOW there are two new charges on her file claiming she committed two new crimes while she was incarcerated, in two separate counties and she agreed to a plea bargain! NEVER HAPPENED.

Someone is record tampering and a dozen other felonious acts. I will be contacting the national news media in this matter in the near future.

I am having the DOJ investigate another action which was set up by someone ( I think one of the convicted guards family members or a guard pissed off) who contacted her and told her he wanted her to come to work for him and wanted her to move in (2 years ago), she gave the parole board this information last year. NO SUCH ADDRESS EXISTED, a vacant lot!!! Dawn has all of his letters and so does her attorney...nearly 50! This was another mind game they have played with her to deny her parole, I have the DOJ tracking the information the guy provided, we will get to the bottom of this. The facility is screwing with anyone who received a settlement for being raped...being in jail does not mean you are fair game for rape and mental abuse.

Simply not allowed under cruel and unusual punishment guarenteed by the State and Federal Constitutions, 8th Amendments.

In Furman v. Georgia, 408 U.S. 238 (1972), Justice Brennan wrote, "There are, then, four principles by which we may determine whether a particular punishment is 'cruel and unusual'."
The "essential predicate" is "that a punishment must not by its severity be degrading to human dignity," especially abuse/torture, abuse/mental torture is still torture.
"A severe punishment that is obviously inflicted in wholly arbitrary fashion."
"A severe punishment that is clearly and totally rejected throughout society."
"A severe punishment that is patently unnecessary."

I have sent Power of Attorney to Dawn which she has received and is having it notarized to send back to me. This will give me authority to proceed to what ever means is necessary in this matter, these people just don't get it; prisoners have rights, women are not objects, they cannot be wrongfully abused mentally or physically while a ward of the state; they are refusing to let her see her new charges or records!

I can send you the materials in writing if you'd like, but you can also go to the Michigan Prisons web site and see the new charges and additional jail time SOMEONE has added onto her record. Unless Dawn is Houdini, someone needs to be held accoutable for felonious record tampering and falsifying records.... on countless occassions.
Thank you for your time...

UPDATE: I received an e mail from the MDOC in Lansing today... stating they are looking into it.... probably like they looked into/the other way with the rapes for 15 years!!
--
This e-mail, including attachments, are specifically covered by the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510 - 2521, and others. This transmission is confidential, only to be received, intercepted and/or read by the intended receiver and is to be considered legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank You
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cutthecrapMI For This Useful Post:
JUDEFAC (04-22-2011), sandymom (04-29-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 AM

Default Hiron Valley Phones

Thank you, it would appear that their are individuals within the system that have their own agenda's.

--- On Fri, 4/22/11, CORR PIO Corrections Information <CorrectionsInfo@michigan.gov> wrote:

From: CORR PIO Corrections Information <CorrectionsInfo@michigan.gov>
Date: Friday, April 22, 2011, 7:40 AM

Again,

we have forwarded the information to the Warden and to our operations team that handles the phone system contract.

Thank you.

MDOC Public Information Office
P.O. Box 30003
Lansing, MI 48909
517-373-6391

Good Morning:

There is something very peculiar going on at Huron Valley with the phone service. Since I filed with the DOJ a couple weeks ago, it has been reported to me that the phone service is always busy when Dawn and others are attempting to call out.

My phone is NOT busy. I get a pre recorded message if I am in class with a 0 designation as the caller. I haven't gotten one in a week, Dawn normally calls everyday. On her last call several days ago she asked me to report this, which I am to you now and I have contacted the FCC and the DOJ about this matter...

Under the state and federal statutes, the warden/admistrator must be aware of a problem to be held accountable. I am documenting every action I take from the top down...

Thank you for your cooperation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cutthecrapMI For This Useful Post:
JUDEFAC (04-22-2011), sandymom (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,361 Posts

Please keep us updated on this situation.

Hebrews 13:3 NIV3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.