Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Unhappy Feeling so sad and helpless

Hello everyone, I love this site, I've only browsing for some time and posted here several times, thanks to all of you for being such a great group of support.

I am feeling really sad, I drove three hours to see my boyfriend on Saturday only to find out that he was taken to medical and of course coulndn't see him! I was asking what happened to him, can you tell me if he's okay, when did he go, when is he coming back? No answer, howcome they cannot tell me what happened to him or why is he there right now? I feel so frustrated, helpless, sad beyond believe. I called today and he's still not back.

I am feeling so desperate, I am even tempted to call his mother, who he doesn't talk to, his parents have deserted him and they don't visit or call or write to him. Do you think that his mother would have more influence in finding out what happened to him? Can they give her information, I know they cannot give me any because I am not immediate family. But this is getting on my nerves that I don't know what happened to him and I am so worried about him. Note that I have never met his mother or father, it seems like he's been in trouble for a while and they just don't care anymore. But that is not right, they're his family. Do you think they have a right to know that he's sick right now?

Please give me some advice as to what to do! thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM

I think that if you know his parents number that it would be ok to call them and tell them. Don't get your hopes all up that they will say anything good though. I am sure that the prison will not give his family anymore info than they gave you without him signing a release form. Good luck and try not to worry yourself sick. I'll say a prayer for you both.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

Default not being a "family" member sucks!

i dont know if i would call his mom...my fiance signed over his "power of attorney" to me when he was locked up so that i would legally have the final say in any situation that involves him while he was away.
maybe you could write the chaplin and ask him to check in on your guy...and call you with an update! explain the situation to the chaplin...sometimes they can be really helpful...
keep me updated ok? i will be praying for you and him!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 AM

I agree, I would hold off on calling his Mom just yet. And try to get some info from the prison Chaplin. Or maybe just keep calling for updates. It was the weekend, so perhaps you may get more info on a weekday.
Good luck!!! Keep us posted!!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:23 PM

Most prisons also have a social worker that might talk with you.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
Abraham Lincoln