Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 07-20-2003, 01:38 AM

Angry Need New Case Manager

My fiancee's Case Manager is not helping him at all. He need papers notorized and she won't respond to him. Also he has sent several messages to her that he need to speak with her and she hasn't responded to those messages either. Can someone tell me if ther is something we can do to get him a new Case Manager? Who do I need to contact because she doesn't even visit with him at all. He has ben there since November 2002 and she's been to see him twice. Is this normal? Please can someone tell me what is happening?
Old 07-20-2003, 07:19 AM
Account Closed

I don't know where 'there' that he's been is...

A jail caseworker is like Santa. Believe if you will and maybe you'll see evidence of them once a year.

A prison casemanager is more 3 dimensional.
A prison casemanager is usually assigned a particular living area to be casemanager for all inmates assigned to a particular dorm/building/unit...

Foodchain... Casemanager is for all sorts of ground level intervention and case counselling/review of progress in programs assigned by need and request...
Unit Director ( or whatever they may call it) is a staff member who is ultimately responsible for a particular living area's ground level operation including security and staff and residents...
Some places have more than one warden... In KY they have 2 deputy wardens... One is Depty Warden incharge of Programs and the other DW incharge of Security....
If the problem is related to a program (getting in one, out of one, classification things, etc--head for Programs.) If you've got someone being banned or barred from visiting or you've got a write up problem... see DW Security.

The upper end of the chain is of course the Warden.

There should be more ways to get something notarized inside than getting a casemanager to do it..., and an inmate should be well aware of the procedure and the options for it.

Where I was, all case managers were notaries, one Unit director was, as was the secretary in the main office opposite the Operations center and the Records Officer was a notary too. You'd have options. You'd know what they were.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:47 PM

Thanks life2thesequel,

This information was very helpful. He hasn't had any writeups, has been no problem whatsoever. He just has a case manager that evidently don't like him. He is the type of person that will tell them what his rights are and what their jobs consist of and like several attorneys and Judges told me..."they don't like prisoners that know their rights and the job responsibilities of the staff and are not afraid to tell them"...
He is very outspoken and the Judge said this is what keeps him in trouble because he has to learn to be quiet. He's not rude, roughty nor mean at all, just very knowledgeable. I'll see if I can't reach someone else in the prison to see if I can get some help.