Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Transfer from KSP to Green River CC

Hey everyone!

My bf just got transferred from Kentucky State Penitentiary to Green River CC. Can anyone tell me anything about Green River or if you have or have had a loved one at this facility what their/your experience has been there?? What times are they allowed to make phone calls? How long are visits? Please and thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,893 Times in 17,028 Posts

I think thugs fella is there/has been there and she can answer many of questions. In the meantime, here's their DOC page: http://corrections.ky.gov/grcc/

There are directions, visiting info etc on their page. I hope that's closer to you for visits

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Down to Ride
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,858 Times in 2,449 Posts

Hi,

The visits are from 8:30 to 2:30 on Sats and Sunday. They do NOT do holiday visits. A hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visits.

No hand holding

They can call all day up until 9 pm (I believe) unless they are on lockdowns, which dont happen to often.

Make sure you wear panties to visit, ONE guard there that does the searches makes you pull them out to prove you have them. she is the only one.

No sweat pants, hoodies, flip flops or open toed heels or sandals. They enforce that rule no matter how far you drive.

The canteen machines in the VR suck, they used to be fairly decent but a new company does the vending now, the only good thing are the sandwiches, the chips are generic and only a few candy choices.

In the spring/summer you can visit outside on the benches, no walking around or anything and they allow smoking outside if thats your thing.

They have alot of programs that help with time cuts, if your man is eligible, but seeing as they are trying to dick my man around again, I dont even know if its worth it or not anymore.

Most of the guards in the VR are nice except this one (the panty one) she is horrible and theres nothing you can do that she will even smile or be nice, thank GOD they keep her at check in most times. I know my man is in prison but she dont have to be so mean and rude to others. Sigh...I am sure you will know who I am talking about when you go there.

Its hurting you, but its killing me.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thugwife For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-06-2011), __*RaiLynn*__ (04-09-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Thank you so much!!! I found some other postings on here about Green River and now I'm scared to visit there lol..everything I read says it's the worst. The one thing I am totally loving is that he can call me throughout the entire day..today I got to talk to him until 10:15 and at KSP I could only get calls from him between 10:30 and 12:15 and I was usually in school during that time so being able to talk to him later is wonderful! I hate when people are like that--I just want to be like dude--cheer up! Take a happy pill! lol

No sweat pants or hoodies? Or sandles? Dang..the people at KSP let me wear flip flops all the time and the guards were all always sooo nice. I have to drive all the way from Wisconsin so I really appreciate you telling me all of this in advance so I don't get all the way there and get denied a visit!! Thank you!!!

My bf only transferred there because he wants to do SAP. He just got there two days ago so I'm not sure when he'll be starting. I hope he gets started soon though. It takes like 9 months right?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Default hello

Im really new at this..Could you tell me what would be the best way to travel to visit GRCC from california..Airport and transportation to prison Thank you.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 AM

I'm not sure--sorry! I always just drive, it's about a 9 hour drive from my place.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Down to Ride
Donation Award 

You all are coming a LONG WAY to KY from out of state, that is amazing.

You need to make sure you ask your guys about out of state ID's I dont know how that works, I'd hate to see you come so far, only to be turned away.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM

Thanks..yeah I knew Eddyville really well--I had been there a bunch and all the COs were really nice and friendly every time I went..never had a problem with anything..but GRCC is a whole new thing so I hope I dont have any problems but I'm definitely nervous..I'll have to call down there before I go and make sure I wont have any problems with my DL from WI at all.. =/
Old 04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

I would think that as long as its a state issued id/dr lic w/picture that it would be ok. Ya'll have a safe trip and a wonderful visit!!! Be sure to ask for extended visits at least a week before you go....because of the distance you are travelling

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Do you know if we are allowed to order stuff through Union Supply for them and have it sent in?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Down to Ride
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by __*RaiLynn*__ View Post
Do you know if we are allowed to order stuff through Union Supply for them and have it sent in?

Not that I know of, they cant have packages at all anymore.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:16 PM

Can they get hardcover and softcover books? It's his birthday on Friday but I really don't have any clue what I'm allowed to send him.. =/
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Books/magizine subscriptions must be from an approved vendor (Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc). I don't think the type cover matters, but I'm not sure. You can call the Mailroom on Monday and double check on that.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
__*RaiLynn*__ (04-09-2011)