Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 05-02-2016, 11:00 AM

Default Question about Release date?

Hello! I'm Macayleigh. My husband went to prison on probation violation last monday. Well, actually, jail. He's been waiting to get served his sentencing paperwork, but I know for a fact he was sentenced to 1022 days with a 30% "discount", as his public defender put it, of 766 days and 2 days of credit. I was wondering, though, despite this "discount" will he still be eligible for good time? I've read that it's anywhere from 50%, so a mere 54 days a year, and i also punched some stuff into a calculator and that said he'd get 340 days, but im so lost and confused because I have no idea how this all works. Will he get any good time credit with that discount?

Also, how long does it take for the DOC website to update with his information? I've looked daily and only see old information from years ago when he was originally incarcerated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolsi View Post
Hello! I'm Macayleigh. My husband went to prison on probation violation last monday. Well, actually, jail. He's been waiting to get served his sentencing paperwork, but I know for a fact he was sentenced to 1022 days with a 30% "discount", as his public defender put it, of 766 days and 2 days of credit. I was wondering, though, despite this "discount" will he still be eligible for good time? I've read that it's anywhere from 50%, so a mere 54 days a year, and i also punched some stuff into a calculator and that said he'd get 340 days, but im so lost and confused because I have no idea how this all works. Will he get any good time credit with that discount?

Also, how long does it take for the DOC website to update with his information? I've looked daily and only see old information from years ago when he was originally incarcerated.

I don't know about how all that other stuff works but Indiana savin has updated prisoner information.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Ah, but he still isnt showing up on that website either, but I got in contact with a sheriff (I've been waiting for quite a few days and they finally respond when i make a thread.....OTL) and he said that nothing would be updated until he was moved to the DoC most likely, so for now i can't get info on him.

However, he also said because he's under an old law, he only has to serve 50% of his sentence which answers my question. Again...........Figures i'd get an answer after I try to reach out to someone else.