Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Florida facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:22 AM
His Flower

Default New to visiting

I will be visiting my inmate for the first time in a few weeks. I am not going to wear any reveling clothing but in the rules it says no metal on the clothes. Does this mean you can not wear jeans since it has a zipper and buttons? And what about the underwire in women's bras?

Also I know it says one hug and one kiss but how long can I hug him for?? The kiss, is it a peck or can I actually give him a proper kiss? I do not want to push the rules at all so I want to make sure I am 100% informed.

Last edited by miamac; 08-23-2019 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: moved post, clean up quote from different thread
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2019, 01:08 AM

You can where Jean's, I'm pretty sure you have to wear a bra. Not wearing one may cause issues. I'm sure under wire in A bra is fine. You could where a sports bra if you are super worried about that.

I believe you are allowed to hug and peck kiss at the start and end of your visit.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
You can where Jean's, I'm pretty sure you have to wear a bra. Not wearing one may cause issues. I'm sure under wire in A bra is fine. You could where a sports bra if you are super worried about that.

I believe you are allowed to hug and peck kiss at the start and end of your visit.
I would wear a sports bra, a lady at one of my visits couldn’t get through the metal detector due to the underwire. She was lucky they let her go change, I have heard from some people that they were turned away from the visit completely for that particular visit for the same reason.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:05 AM

I wouldn't wear a underwire bra they'll make you flip it inside out. It's best to wear a sports bra or a non-underwire bra. Jean's are fine to wear to visits, and hugs are very briefly (couple of seconds).
Old 08-24-2019, 07:37 AM

I would remove the wire from one of your bras. Sports bras' straps typically show, since they are higher up on the shoulders and they can give you a hard time. The embrace is a "normal" one, a few seconds and same for the kiss and suggest just a peck (or 2,3 consecutive ones if that makes sense) over a "real" kiss. You'll risk having eyes on you for the full visit.

And always, ALWAYS take extra sets of clothes in the event they dont like what you're wearing. And just because you got in wearing something once, doesn't mean you'll get in the next time you wear it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pebbles0427 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-25-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfowler1982 View Post
I will be visiting my inmate for the first time in a few weeks. I am not going to wear any reveling clothing but in the rules it says no metal on the clothes. Does this mean you can not wear jeans since it has a zipper and buttons? And what about the underwire in women's bras?

Also I know it says one hug and one kiss but how long can I hug him for?? The kiss, is it a peck or can I actually give him a proper kiss? I do not want to push the rules at all so I want to make sure I am 100% informed.
Hello,

I am a CO and my advice is only based on where I work. Rules on your prison might vary slightly.

Where I work an underwire bra will set off our metal detector. A person is required to pass through the detector without setting it off. The only exception is medical reasons.

As for kissing, we allow a "passionate" kiss in the beginning and end. As long as it does not last too long. We will give a warning if we feel it is getting out of control. Same goes for wandering hands. People will get the warning. "Watch the hands".

During visits we warn 1-2 times for a peck on the cheek or lips. Anything more and the visit will get terminated. Wandering hands during a visit are also a warning 1-2 times if its just some leg rubbing etc. If hands wander to more "R" rated spots then the visit can be terminated.

My advice is to talk to some of the other ladies in line before the visit. I am sure they will be happy to tell you how strict or lax the visiting room is.

There is zero tolerance for "x" rated stuff in the visiting room and that usually leads to the inmate going to SHU and visitor being denied visits for a period of time (or forever).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-25-2019), icj357 (08-27-2019), tfowler1982 (08-27-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 09:01 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,126 Times in 15,542 Posts

agree on the underwire on the bras. Wear a sports bra, or take out the wires off of one you already have. Even some women with a larger chest but no wire.......the thing will set off due to the hooks in the back.
As to pants, look for some either with no zipper/button (pull ups) or find one with a button (plastic) and a plastic zipper (yes they do make those! lol)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-25-2019)