Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Default probation violation and in jail HELP

My fiance has been on probation for 16 years. He has 4 years left. He has barely had any trouble at all the whole 16 years. He got violated last week on my birthday and thrown in jail. His hearing id february 2nd. What should he expect. He doesnt use drugs or anything so he has had 16 years of clean u/a's. This was a driving offense and his lawyer is getting most of it dropped and reduced. His PO still wants to violate him. He is scared he will go to prison. It is minor but we are wondering what the reality of this could be. We have 7 kids and are pretty scared.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7timesamom View Post
My fiance has been on probation for 16 years. He has 4 years left. He has barely had any trouble at all the whole 16 years. He got violated last week on my birthday and thrown in jail. His hearing id february 2nd. What should he expect. He doesnt use drugs or anything so he has had 16 years of clean u/a's. This was a driving offense and his lawyer is getting most of it dropped and reduced. His PO still wants to violate him. He is scared he will go to prison. It is minor but we are wondering what the reality of this could be. We have 7 kids and are pretty scared.
What was the driving offense, was it alcohol related or was he impaired of any sort while driving?

Depending on your fiance's probation history, past criminal history or any related driving offenses that were violated, including the new offense; it's not the PO that violated him, it's your husband who violated his probation, keep that in mind. It's an automatic violation, no matter how you look at it, it's not a dart board where the PO decides to make that decision to have the defendant such as your fiance violated and it really depends on the charges, that's why I asked.

It's hard to tell what he will get, if he has a good history, good rapport while being on probation, a small misd. charge that could be settled with city court, etc. etc. it really depends on the charge and the offense. He could be reinstated, continued, jailed as a sanction or prison at worst.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:54 AM

I think this posting is a good example of why no one, even PO's who are in Court everyday, can predict the outcome of probaiton violation hearings. First, not enough information was provided in this case, as in a lot of postings asking for predictions. We want to help, but ALL information needs to be supplied, both good and bad, and then we can give you our best guess based upon both our experience as well as the total information you provide. Absent that, there really is no point in posting a prediction-type question.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 AM

hello my son is on probation he got 2 year he got 11ms left now he went to jail and the charge was drop ok so he came home and the po call me and side i had to get my son to her by 8am because she was not to get out of jail but she did not put a hole on him that why he got out so now she is revocation he on the charge that was drop he never did anything wrong my son is a good kid what do i need to do to help my son get home please help me if you know what i should do thank you
Old 01-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Call the PO and ask what the basis is for the revocation.

Please use punctuation.