Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

7/10/03

"So much for writing every night. Long day. I am beat. Good Night."

7/11/03

"Friday. Fridays are not good days. It is the last night of mail call for the weekend and the first day of visting for the weekend. If you don't get either then it kind of ruins your weekend.

Ok, maybe "ruin" is too strong of a word, but it does put a damper on it.

Yipee for me though! I had a letter from Patti and my Aunt is coming tomorrow.

By the way Patti, I did notice the stamp - thank you. For those of you who arn't Patti (Note from Patti: Yep, Yep, Yep that is what Toni wrote. )and who haven't seen the envelope (wouldn't it have just been easier to say "everyone else" ). What I am talking about is the lighthouse stamp. I love lighthouses. I now owe Patti 2 letters, Sara 1, and 1 for Carol. A newbie to PTO who wrote me a letter.

Carol, I don't know what you post under but I hope you see this. Your letter was very much appreciated. Thank you for your kind words. I'll be writing you soon.

Your are in my prayers, along with Patti, that everything goes the best way possible in September."

7/12/03

"Well my Aunt didn't make it today. I stayed dressed, you have to be in full uniform for a visit. I waited on a bench under the shade but it still was so hot. 103 degrees outside. Texas summers are some of the hottest there is!"

7/13/03

"My Aunt Gayle came today. She didn't wear green and smelled so good! It was nice talking to someone from the real world about real things. Gayle has a sense of humor so we can have some real good conversations that leave you with a smile on your face. Today was a good day because I had a visit - and well, honestly, the 3 Musketeers bar sure helped to!

Nighty Night everyone."

That is the end of what Toni sent in todays letter. As soon as, she sends more entries, I will put them in this thread.

Please forgive any typos on my part, it has been a long day.

Patti

Last edited by FriscoLady; 07-28-2003 at 04:07 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Banned

I"m enjoying reading this. Also I'm struck at how different this is than men's texas prisons. Or is this because it is a military prison? I asked a penpal at TX Colony about AC and he thought that was pretty funny. And the food is actually good at Carswell.
Also, I'm 55, fat and I've read that it is a big no no to step on the bottom bunk to get yourself to the top bunk. Guys who are tall seem to just fly over fences and I'm sure just can use their arms to get themselves up. But how exactly does Toni do it?
Old 08-04-2003, 04:09 PM

I'm sending a letter to Toni just to let her know how much I've enjoyed her journal entries! She's a great writer

--Kimberly
Old 12-04-2003, 02:09 PM

Patti you are awesome! Thank you for posting Toni's candid look into her surroundings. What a cool thing to share. I was lost in looking for info to help me understand what my friend is going through...and then somehow I ended up here.
I have now joined as a result of reading this thread~
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM

I spent a while at FMC Carswell. It's one of the better Fed places to be. So she's in a good place considering. She'll be fine and the weather is getting ready to change. It's nice in Fort Worth.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Post-Script:

Toni has been home for awhile now. She is getting on with life, and has had some good things happen to her and some bad, just like all of us.

Point is, life does go on after prison, she has struggled, clawed, been frustrated, cried a few tears, she has also had many good things happen to her since prison, job, apartment, car soon, sharing time with her beau and her family and friends. We love chatting with each other on the phone occasionally, in fact I think I will call her this evening.

Life goes on, we all know that, what we make of it is up to us, Toni is making a come back in life, proof that we all can. Prison and it's after effects is just a rough part of the road we travel in life - it is only a roadblock if we let it be.

Patti
Old 03-31-2006, 12:29 AM

Default Thank you Toni

My mother recently just turned herself in to FMC Carswell on March 27,2006 and she has not had a chance to make contact with us yet and we are worried about her care. So far everywhere we've searched online has displayed Carswell in such a negative light (rape, neglect, etc.)

These few entries were very encouraging. Updates on how your mom is coping with re-entering society would be helpful as well. Has she been able to find work? Is she eating and sleeping okay?

Thanks so much again!
annie
Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Donation Award 

annie- Welcome to PTO-glad you found us as this is a great place to come to for support. When you get a chance visit Carswell Federal Prison,where you can find more information.