Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Account Closed

Default words from beyond the wall from the love of my life...

Hello

My name is Randy and I’m a Federal prisoner passing a 105-month bit. I have been doing time since 1988, which is combined state and fed time. I’m currently due for release in 2006, by that time I will have lived 18 years within the prison system. It’s never easy for anyone being locked up and unfortunately we lose sight of the fact that our families/loved ones also do the time with us. If they choose to stick it out, unfortunately many don’t. Most of us who are incarcerated feel or have felt the “out of sight/out of mind” feeling and until recently it was an all to real feeling. I’m one of the fortunate men in prison, cause I’ve got a really great woman by my side. My fiancé’, Traci, is an awesome woman who has chosen to do this time with me; it takes great will power and strength to do so. I love her dearly and respect her 100%. For my fiancé, Traci, she hasn’t had it easy. I’d be a fool to believe otherwise. Outside of my spirituality, Traci is the most important aspect of my life. But my love for her is so great, that I would put off the importance of spirituality to tend to my relationship with Traci. She is my greatest strength and greatest/worst weakness. I would go to great lengths to protect and see her safe. I would forfeit my life, so that she may have life! And without any hesitation whatsoever!

For a long time Traci has wanted to work with and help prisoners and their families. Now thanks to PTO, she can, it’s a dream come true for her. So I wish to thank Otra, Mozey, Newroominstate, and my newfound friend Rayinkansas, you all have my total respect. For the many others, I thank ya’ll for coming together for a common good of helping one another cope.

Each of us makes choices without thinking of the consequences of that choice. Perhaps if we had thought things through first and chosen correctly, none of us (and I mean all of us; not just prisoners) would be where we are today. For those that choose to stick it out, I thank you. But I wish to convey a message of hope. Cause without it, we are lost, both inside and outside of the prison walls. There is light and an end to all this madness. But if we choice to sit back and wait, we’ve lost hope. It’s past time for all of us to get off our butts and get to work; if we don’t then we send a clear message of “I don’t care” to the nation who already despises inmates who are making changes in their lives for the good. The nation looks at a prisoner and asks who really cares about a prisoner’s fate or who cares about the husband, wife, father, mother, fiancé, boyfriend, girlfriend, children, brother or sister? I know a few personally who cares a great deal for those of us who are locked up, Traci being one, there are a couple life long friends in Texas, plus all of Traci’s Family on PTO. She speaks highly of ya’ll so it is with great respect I inquire just how far are you willing to go? If I can hold on to hope for seventeen years now, so can you. It’s with a good support system that this can happen. So in closing I say stay strong, for a warrior never quits. With enough said, I say

Pave Eseeva “Good Day”

Randy

P.S.

Oh yeah and for Otra, Klyn, & Traci… guess what… I hate the BOP too!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2005, 10:09 PM
there's my rollin pin!!

Great post Randy, makes me happy to see an inmate appreciate the loved ones in there lives. For as you know this is a hard road to travel and takes special loved ones to stand by you and do the time along with you.

Traci has given as much as she has gotten here at PTO, she's a great asset to the PTO family. Someone has to keep me inline with the crazy orange crayon, lol. And let me tell you Randy she drives me nuts asking me Otra what crayon are you using!! But many a night it's one of the few things that make me smile and laugh.

Oh yes Randy do me a BIG favor write her a letter with the beautiful green pen that she loves so much, lmao. I'm sure by now she's told you all about my weird humor!!

This post will open up some eyes that yes we all can get thru this together supporting each other thru it.. Hope to see this post printed out to be sent to the men inside as you have some words that they need to hear. Thank you for your insight and mostly for realizing what a diamond you have in Traci, I wish the two of you many years of happiness.

Last edited by ontheroadagain; 05-18-2005 at 10:11 PM..
Old 05-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Smile

Well Randy,

You are a very lucky person to have Traci by your side and to recognize that, It's not many men who appreciate all that we go through on the outside,most men take it for granted, and i believe that probably is the reason that so many men find them selves alone after a while. If you have someone who is willing to stand by your side and go through the bad times in your life,then just think of how great it's going to be when you are able to share the good times. Traci is a peach and a real pleasure to have as a friend/family member. She love's you dearly and always speaks of you in such high regard and it's nice to see that you speak of her in the same way.Its nice to see that you appreciate her, I wish the two of you all the good things that life has to offer and a lifetime of love.

Thanks for sharing your kind words with all of us here on PTO and the very best to you both.

Mozey
Old 05-18-2005, 11:14 PM

Hello Randy,
Glad to see you are giving back and making a post. You are right to say never give up hope. We make are mistakes but what we do with them is what shows who we really are. Society likes to look the other way until it happens to them. We should be helping prisoners that want to help themselves. Give them support to make the changes that will give them a life again.

PTO is a place for all of us that have had to deal with the justice system. Here we can learn and help others. As we grow the more we can teach others that prisoners and there familys are people too. With out this place it would have took me longer to pick my self up. I have found alot of very supporting people here. One of them was Traci and I thank you for letting her support me in my darkest hour. I look forward to the time you make your first post here from outside them wall's.

Take care and thanx for the words of wisdom. I wish more people would see that light.

Mike
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Account Closed

Default Another note from the man I love

Dear Friends,

Greetings once more from behind the walls of a Federal Corrections Institute in West Virginia…

Traci has been telling me about PTO for some time now and the many great people she has met. Well I wasn’t so sure about what to think at first. So I did a first post. The few responses from that was a turn around for me. The she started telling me about her friends and how everyone helps each other. I was like cool, others to help her do time also, cause face it folks, us in prison aren’t the only ones doing this bit. Our families are also; deprived of certain liberties, like walking up next to the one you love or a simple call to his or her work site just to say “I love you” :love: or a hug without a C.O. scrutinizing your every move. Everyone involved does this time. For ya’ll who are doing it you have my deepest respect.

This postcard thing/swap not really sure if I was supposed to respond back or not so I figured to thank ya’ll in this post, as I wouldn’t want to disrespect anyone who did this or they’re loved ones. These folks I’d like to thank are, Jamiesheart, Txsfmhstn, MsLondon, Okhummingbird (great Native card), Rosie from Georgia, The unknown in Shutesbury and Illina. The cards all mean the world to me a special message that spans the world. Thank all of you who aided my baby girl in this. The peach w/sunglasses, you know who you are, gave me a powerful yearning for peaches, fresh fruit oh man I’d give a years work of paychecks for one good peach. Thanks gave me something to look forward to.

Also in this I just gotta say to Mozey and her man, I’m happy for ya’ll. Stay FREE!!!

Ray, keep cool, stay FREE. May the Creator keep your heart and spirit strong always. Good luck bro!

Now as for Otra hmmm… all right NO GREEN PENS!!! Variety is cool and good; go with blue, red, purple or a metallic, but NO GREEN! Grrr, be good!

To everyone else, may you always find PEACE and strength to continue one day at a time. Keep up all the great work and communication.

Randy
Txs Cowboy

Last edited by Randysgal86; 08-09-2005 at 09:16 AM..
Old 10-10-2005, 09:47 PM

Sounds like you've got a really sincere man there girl, with a good head on his shoulder's... I wish you both the best of luck!!!

- If you know who you are, if you are secure in who you are and, most important, if you except who you are, then it will take a lot to knock you off balance.-
Old 12-15-2005, 02:19 AM

WOW! I think that's awsome that your guy took the time to give back to us through you!!